Please stop trying to casualize the game

Comments

• Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    First we got spotted on the map after each kill and they said it was a "bug".
    Then they raised the TTK to help the noobs not die as much.
    Now we get a cheat cam that zooms in and follows your killer and is as long as a MGS cutscene.
    Please stop doing these things in hopes of getting more sales. You won't.
    The only thing you're doing is driving alway your core community, and those are the only people keeping this game alive.
    Thanks!

I'm part of the core community and I welcome a kill cam it forces people to move. If you want hard core, you should ask dice for an hardcore mode. Not everyone here wants to sweat all the time. So etk es we just want to play and relax.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrkBlueXG wrote: »
    If you’re the type of player who gets upset because you’re camping spot is spoiled, and you’re worried about a player getting revenge. Well than you need to reevaluate your playstyle, and who is the real newb here...

That's like, your opinion man.
    Some people like a more realistic game experience.

Killcam has always been around in soft/regular core. Just go play hardcore when it comes out. And if you want more realism, go play arma.
  • AychAychAych
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You are not the core community.
    You are exactly the kind of people who posed as core community, and thusly, the game has large abandoned by the playerbase from BF1.
    You are right, this is all the people who like this sort of gameplay. ONLY A FEW.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OMG, enough with the hardcore are the only players that count threads. Just stop. Go play another game already because you hate this one so much.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't you create a thread about the kill cam earlier in the week? Why are you creating another?

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't you create a thread about the kill cam earlier in the week? Why are you creating another?

Because your opinion has more meaning if repeated several times.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    alienstout wrote: »
    OMG, enough with the hardcore are the only players that count threads. Just stop. Go play another game already because you hate this one so much.

More meaning has been applied to this post.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A sincere question. Is there any word on whether this Hardcore Mode is coming or not? It seems, these are all Hardcore enthusiasts, not BF vanilla players.

All this nonsense about ttk (now at hardcore levels and to the point of near unplayable), kill cam and they don't want that. Everyone having to lay prone a** in the grass. And they want MORE???????????

All this 'hardcore" is KILLING this game, and will be dead before long.

I have an idea, NERF the ttk, and just come out with a Hardcore Mode for these folks. Jesus already with all this.
  • eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    You do realize they made the killcam change based on feedback, right? Not to casualized the game and attract more players.

Relying on feedback is literally casualizing the game.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    I have no problems with a Killcam in general. But i dont need to see the whole childhood story of my Killer!
    I am there to play, not to watch a movie ! Reduce the time from bingewatching every Lord of the Rings movie to something shorter.
  • ragnarok013
    2876 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DrkBlueXG wrote: »
    Agreed. The Killcam and footsteps suck and does more harm than good for the game.

My only criticism of the kill cam is how it zooms in and removes the HUD. If they removed the zoom I'd be fine with it.
  • NLBartmaN
    3032 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From a business point of view it is very smart to make parts of the game more casual (BF1 had perfect sales numbers) so everyone is capable of making kills and feels good about playing and having fun without too much effort.

From a hardcore/competitive point of view you don't want that.

The problem is DICE/EA "refuse" to "split up" the community, which is the only solution.

Too many people have too many different preferences and just can't be pleased with one design.

Very detailed RSP where everything (killcam, spotting, resupplies, friendly fire, footsteps, TTK/TTD, ping limit, customizations, etc) can be adjusted is the ONLY way to go to please as much people as possible. (and raise sales)

Hardcore fans can just adjust everything and will be pleased too. (or have only Dice official servers with casual and hardcore servers based on demand)

Refusing to do that or just saying: don't like it don't buy it will hurt sales like crazy.

But also make designing and building the game very hard, lots of elements are not compatible right now and it feels like 5 different half baked games in one and not like 1 solid game and 1 idea.
  • Mangrey
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You do realize they made the killcam change based on feedback, right? Not to casualized the game and attract more players.

Feedback from who? People asked for a more detailed kill card. Not zooming in to your killer's nostrils and following him back home after the war.

you know that the kill cam is the same as in BF3 right ?
  • doctorrocktor
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care who killed me,just let me skip it or tone it down.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The success of the franchise relies on influx of new players, which relies on the game not having too steep a learning curve. Sure, they'll want to play the fans who have stuck with the franchise, but the new fans become old fans. You can sell a couple of glasses of lemonade to your neighbor and call it a day, or you can set up a lemonade stand and hope to get a lot of passing traffic. It's pretty much business 101. EA isn't going to put up millions for a game that sells ten thousand copies.

Making the game more "Casual" is also highly arbitrary. There's no community standard as to what's casual and what isn't. It's just more buzz wording from people who need an excuse to explain why they aren't playing as well as they think they should be. Just stop.

• Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Please, for the love of the almighty blueberry muffin, stop making these threads.

Please, for the love of the almighty Blueberry muffin, stop replying to threads you have no interest in.
    Gracias.
  • Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18

Feedback from who? People asked for a more detailed kill card. Not zooming in to your killer's nostrils and following him back home after the war.

Feedback from people in this community. If you truly think people in this community, from the forum to reddit to Twitter, didn't ask for these changes, you're delusional or ignorant of the fact. You can't ignore the feedback of others simply because you, yourself, didn't ask for it.

Alright.
    Show me where all these people asked for these changes.
    I'll wait.
  • Skitelz7
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    First we got spotted on the map after each kill and they said it was a "bug".
    Then they raised the TTK to help the noobs not die as much.
    Now we get a cheat cam that zooms in and follows your killer and is as long as a MGS cutscene.
    Please stop doing these things in hopes of getting more sales. You won't.
    The only thing you're doing is driving alway your core community, and those are the only people keeping this game alive.
    Thanks!

It was a bug, and they fixed it.
    They changed the TTK back.
    We already had a kill cam that showed your position, the new one is only more clear. The timing of which they’ve said they will adjust.

Exactly the point of the topic.
    They keep trying to casualize the game and have to keep changing it back because nobody likes it.
    Thanks for your input though.
  • Skitelz7

I surf the forums quite a bit and the request for a killcam was very minimal in comparison to any of the other requests. It was implemented terribly and there is no defending it. Most likely will be reverted like their terrible ttk changes,

Let's hope so. And soon.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    eMartinez wrote: »

Relying on feedback is literally casualizing the game.

This logic just broke my brain.
This discussion has been closed.