This Week in Battlefield V

No Battlefield V Weekly Debrief This Week

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
edited January 19
Hi Battlefield V Community,

We know how important the Battlefield V Weekly Debrief is for many of you, allowing for a single source of all the news that was shared for the week and insight into the development world.

That said, we wouldn’t cancel the Weekly Debrief this week without good reason. Simply put, we’re working on Firestorm community and roll out plans. Although, Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes has just released with Combined Arms to come, we know you’re also excited for Chapter 3: Trial by Fire.

Thanks for understanding and have a great weekend!

Comments

• BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    We've heard from DICE employees that the length of the death cam is a bug. Everyone says that the footstep sound is too loud, and it's true.
    Can we expect these to be addressed asap? Firestorm without these changes being addressed will be very frustrating.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    why? you need to think up of new ways how to ruin game even more? you delayed game for one month and now 2 months AFTER releas there are still UI bugs in game since day one, bugs from beta still in game, you posted on twiter how hard you are working on new "vaulting", guess what it still sucks and its broken
    not to mention you "hard work" of killcam, that probably took you 20minutes to code
    wonder what incompetent dev had his hand in that project...
    panzerstorme probably took you 2hrs at best to code that flat map and generate some houses, and bushes that stop bullets
    single player is made on source code of bf1
    your skins all look 90% alike
    it took you 2 months to fix CC bug, that shouldn't even be there, as matter of fact unlocks should have been "skill" system, and you get 1 skill for every weapon unlock,
    sniper flares going from useless to spotting whole flag are with 3D spot even true walls
    you also mention your "hard work" with footsteps, all you did is increase loudness for few decibels, that took your incompetent dev probably 3minutes to find a code line and 15 seconds to change it, hearing people walk when flying in plane- "realism"
    TTD netcode wasn't even touched, cuz probably your incompetent devs are clueless where to even start, so that why you add that "killcam" that show even more how bad your netcode is
  • ChiefSniper
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    not to mention you "hard work" of killcam, that probably took you 20minutes to code
    panzerstorme probably took you 2hrs at best to code that flat map and generate some houses, and bushes that stop bullets
    you also mention your "hard work" with footsteps, all you did is increase loudness for few decibels, that took your incompetent dev probably 3minutes to find a code line and 15 seconds to change it, hearing people walk when flying in plane- "realism"
    TTD netcode wasn't even touched, cuz probably your incompetent devs are clueless where to even start, so that why you add that "killcam" that show even more how bad your netcode is

Do you seriously think coding is that easy? You think you can do better? What planet are you on? This isn't TrueBASIC man... the coding in these games are incredibly complex and far more extensive than you could imagine, and any alteration, however minor, made to one parameter immediately affects another. It cascades. Also, I think we're all pretty tired of these pointless, non-constructive whingy posts like yours. Stop it. You're not smart, a waste of bandwidth, and you're not helping.

• Ragnarok-Drakkar

Do you seriously think coding is that easy? You think you can do better? What planet are you on? This isn't TrueBASIC man... the coding in these games are incredibly complex and far more extensive than you could imagine, and any alteration, however minor, made to one parameter immediately affects another. It cascades. Also, I think we're all pretty tired of these pointless, non-constructive whingy posts like yours. Stop it. You're not smart, a waste of bandwidth, and you're not helping.

well apparently its still too hard for them ;) considering they head 80% of code copy paste from bf1
  • Aenour
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was wondering, when will we get another allied forces,? Kind of tired of England, and all they did under WW2 was protecting them self.
  • KillgoreEDS
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In short; "We're not doing **** so there's nothing to report."
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

well apparently its still too hard for them ;) considering they head 80% of code copy paste from bf1

Lol and your source for anything you said in this thread at all comes from where? Dreamland?
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    edited January 20
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Lol and your source for anything you said in this thread at all comes from where? Dreamland?

well, no, you smart snowflake, if you had any brain and played game you would see that bugs from bf1 are in game ;) vehicle spawn system is complete copy paste from bf1 day 1 code...they didnt even copy paste newest code, but day 1 code with same bugs as bf1 vehicle spawn system had..
  • PvPDM
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very nice argument
  • therealzyzygy
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aenour wrote: »
    I was wondering, when will we get another allied forces,? Kind of tired of England, and all they did under WW2 was protecting them self.

With all due respect, I believe that you are full of ****, Sir.
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21

Hes not. England did infact do 7 things in short UK did in ww2.

1 They got smashed in france.
    2 They lost all theyre battles and engagements vs Japan.
    3 They had sum brave pilots not stopping, but somehow preventing germany to completley annhiliate theyre homeland with bombers.

4 They had OLD and YOUNG ppl protecting theyre beaches against an Invasion.
    5 They lost naval supremacy in Asia.
    6 They lost foothold in Asia, even the singapore fortress where they outnumbered theyre enemy 6 to 1.

7 Once USA got involved. They startet doing the one thing they only could, revenge bombing cities with Arthur harris speaking and I qote. "Killing and burning German civillians is justified as long as it saves allied soldiers life`s"

Soo no, UK did not do anything impressive during all ww2 but winning sum battles in Africa, and killing prob a million or moore german civillians.

I BET YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT THAT!
  • therealzyzygy
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hes not. England did infact do 7 things in short UK did in ww2.

1 They got smashed in france.
    2 They lost all theyre battles and engagements vs Japan.
    3 They had sum brave pilots not stopping, but somehow preventing germany to completley annhiliate theyre homeland with bombers.

4 They had OLD and YOUNG ppl protecting theyre beaches against an Invasion.
    5 They lost naval supremacy in Asia.
    6 They lost foothold in Asia, even the singapore fortress where they outnumbered theyre enemy 6 to 1.

7 Once USA got involved. They startet doing the one thing they only could, revenge bombing cities with Arthur harris speaking and I qote. "Killing and burning German civillians is justified as long as it saves allied soldiers life`s"

Soo no, UK did not do anything impressive during all ww2 but winning sum battles in Africa, and killing prob a million or moore german civillians.

I BET YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT THAT!

With all due respect, I believe that you are full of **** too, Sir.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

well, no, you smart snowflake, if you had any brain and played game you would see that bugs from bf1 are in game ;) vehicle spawn system is complete copy paste from bf1 day 1 code...they didnt even copy paste newest code, but day 1 code with same bugs as bf1 vehicle spawn system had..

And again, your source for that is what? The steam blowing out of your ears?
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    Hi Battlefield V Community,

We know how important the Battlefield V Weekly Debrief is for many of you, allowing for a single source of all the news that was shared for the week and insight into the development world.

That said, we wouldn’t cancel the Weekly Debrief this week without good reason. Simply put, we’re working on Firestorm community and roll out plans. Although, Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes has just released with Combined Arms to come, we know you’re also excited for Chapter 3: Trial by Fire.

Thanks for understanding and have a great weekend!

I'm not looking forward to or excited about any new content until most of the bugs are fixed first.

Before the patch people on console were complaining about continuous black loading screens and being kicked from servers at the end of matches before they could see the leaderboards, this wasn't a problem for me pre patch but now it is post patch on Xbox one x.

We on console still don't have a damn chat log for over a month now.
    The Texture loading is horrific on Xbox one x, especially on maps like Twisted steal, Arras and Hamada to the point it looks like old Nintendo games.
    Now after the patch the framerate is far worse in big game modes than it was before and I'm on Xbox one x, it should be alot smoother.
    Plus many more issues many have been complaining about.
    This isn't a threat but now a fact, I want to continue playing this game but with some good games releasing this February I find it less likely I will still find any interest in continuing to play this title.
    Every patch releases new bugs and it's frustrating to remain patient for fixes for a game I paid full price for months ago.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar

go play game or two that will be your source , instead of being smart, that you obviously arent
  • Loqtrall

go play game or two that will be your source , instead of being smart, that you obviously arent

100+ hours in BF5 thus far, 350~ hours in BF1.

Your source is still just what's coming out of your own head, not some objective fact.
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you for your updates and keep the good work ! The game is steadily improving
  • Loqtrall
    edited January 21
    and maybe if you didnt camp on some hill in bf5 and bf1 with your sniper, you would know that

mj-laughing.gif
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    and maybe if you didnt camp on some hill in bf5 and bf1 with your sniper, you would know that

mj-laughing.gif

thats best you can do- point proven, move along,
  • Loqtrall
    thats best you can do- point proven, move along,

How about

tenor.gif