R U seriously complaining about visibility?

2»

Comments

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »
    Visibility is bad remember you felt that it wasn't when this game is deader then it is right now.

I think a lot of people aren't happy unless they have something to whinge about.

Battlefield V is an awesome game, an absolute technical marvel. It won't die, it will eventually see off the whingers and will continue to be enjoyed by the people who recognise it for what it really is; a bloody good game.

Are you suggesting that the people that like the game now will continue to like it? Outrageous!
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Visibility is bad remember you felt that it wasn't when this game is deader then it is right now.

I think a lot of people aren't happy unless they have something to whinge about.

Battlefield V is an awesome game, an absolute technical marvel. It won't die, it will eventually see off the whingers and will continue to be enjoyed by the people who recognise it for what it really is; a bloody good game.

It is a good game, but it can be better.

Visibility of prone passive players is absolutely horrible in this title and it's being abused to no end.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Are people really complaining? Yes.
    Because it's not really camouflage when the enemy is right infront of you on a different background but you can't tell if they're alive. It's not really a good thing when you get shot by a sniper who didn't have scope glint for whatever reason. It's not a fun game mechanic to have gray people on gray backgrounds but instead of them standing out in things like snow, sand, or bushes, they still blend in. It's not a fun game mechanic where you get shot and the kill cam just points at the sky for .2 seconds then you start the "revive me" animation. It's not a fun time when you can't even see the muzzle flash because someone's gun clips through a rock but their head doesn't. It's not really fun when you can sit there, staring at the side of a rock, only to be shot by someone sitting right below that rock without moving at all.
    There's a fine line between fun and frustration. Fun would be having camos that work. Frustration is when player models don't move at all on their own so enemies can't tell if you're alive or not. Fun is when players can clearly see other players out in the open on high settings. Frustration is where players on low settings get to see an outline of the players because vegetation draw distance got put to 50m. Fun is being able to see where enemies are coming from and shooting at you from. Frustration is them not even trying to glitch but the game does it anyway and now you can't see them, their scope glint (if they're sniping) or their head because it all looks like a rock, even at close ranges while they're moving.
    So yes, visibility is a definite problem.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It is a good game, but it can be better.

Visibility of prone passive players is absolutely horrible in this title and it's being abused to no end.

The only way I can tell if someone is prone is by their gun sticking in the air because of bad geometry or they're literally just prone in the open. If they're near a rock or a bush or sandbags, they're hard to tell without extreme contrast.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

I think it’s an awesome game as well. I hope it doesn’t die and doubt it would.

Just stop with the labels (whingers) already. It’s for anyone that shells out the money to buy it.
    This game is no more for a person who’s played every BF than a first timer who just started. Because even hardcore vets of the community had to start new at one time.

• nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the camouflage finally works in a FPS and all credit to Dice for making it so.

If you're running and gunning then yes you will run into someone or be seen by someone behind/next to or in vegetation or between or peaking over rocks and other structures of similar colours to the uniforms. Why is that a problem? Yes, there are campers but campers can camp anywhere and pick off the unsuspecting.

The majority of people who are camouflaged may have carefully manoeuvred into that position or used cover to get into a position you weren't expecting and remember camouflage and it's potential advantages work for you too!

I see a relatively small number people, who seem to shout the loudest, wanting visuals to change but I think the game, its tactics (and immersion) would be all the poorer for it.

This is Battlefield and Dice have done a fantastic job in trying to balance a fundamental sense of realism with multifaceted 64 player gameplay. If you want a 'run and gun' or only play Recon and want everyone to standout so you can clearly see your target then perhaps CoD is a more natural happy hunting ground for you...

The people who complain about visibility are mentally unstable people like L*velcup himself. During BF1 L*velcup was whining about tags and the spotting system, flair guns, etc and strongly insisting on removing it from the game. After it was removed in BF5 he made several videos whining about his "visibility problem". Which is interesting because who could possibly expect that if you remove tags and the Q button it will be harder to see and spot enemies.
    1+1=2
    Remove spotting and Q = harder to see and spot enemies
    Too complicated for L*velcups brain.
  • CSO7777
    1927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are people really complaining? Yes.
    Because it's not really camouflage when the enemy is right infront of you on a different background but you can't tell if they're alive. It's not really a good thing when you get shot by a sniper who didn't have scope glint for whatever reason. It's not a fun game mechanic to have gray people on gray backgrounds but instead of them standing out in things like snow, sand, or bushes, they still blend in. It's not a fun game mechanic where you get shot and the kill cam just points at the sky for .2 seconds then you start the "revive me" animation. It's not a fun time when you can't even see the muzzle flash because someone's gun clips through a rock but their head doesn't. It's not really fun when you can sit there, staring at the side of a rock, only to be shot by someone sitting right below that rock without moving at all.
    There's a fine line between fun and frustration. Fun would be having camos that work. Frustration is when player models don't move at all on their own so enemies can't tell if you're alive or not. Fun is when players can clearly see other players out in the open on high settings. Frustration is where players on low settings get to see an outline of the players because vegetation draw distance got put to 50m. Fun is being able to see where enemies are coming from and shooting at you from. Frustration is them not even trying to glitch but the game does it anyway and now you can't see them, their scope glint (if they're sniping) or their head because it all looks like a rock, even at close ranges while they're moving.
    So yes, visibility is a definite problem.
    This.

Headglitching is a awful in this game, and like you say, you cannot see the gun but they can shoot you anyways. Several maps has spots where you can headglitch and be almost totally invisible and still shoot people (Rotterdam is awful in some places). Destruction also creates these situations. This is probably a hard thing to fix, but it's really a big part of the problem with visibility. They should make sure that you always see the gun as well as the head.

The problem with colors is also a big problem, especially considering the upcoming microtransactions, which could give us a lot more uniforms. Dice has to be very careful when creating these, otherwise the problem only becomes even worse.