MEDICS are FINE if given 3X Scope DEBATE

124»

Comments

• wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Might as well stick a x12 scope on 'em too, since neither one is going to help with the fact that all the medic weapons are meant to be CQC weapons and fail on that level as well.
  • daywalker_1402
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    as someone who mains medic for the most part, there is no reason to have a 3x on them because you will be out of effective range with them. i guess if you wanted to see the enemy a little better when they gun you down then that would be the only point of a 3x.
  • moose004
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the max magnification everybody but recons get is the 2x aperture sight? Recons get the 3x and 6x scopes with glint (small for the 3x, a lot for the 6x). Give medics the 2x aperture on most guns and make those the top-end magnification sights for assault and support. Now you have to trade off between better sighting at long ranges, and the fact that the aperture sight blocks a lot of your screen when you ADS.
  • moose004
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »
    I really do love how most people seem to have come around to the idea of magnified optics only on the recon class. 3x scopes on assault and support do hurt gameplay.

To me, the 3x scope is a crutch...not saying it's that to anyone else, I'm just talking about me, a player with fairly poor aim and trouble seeing people at range because I am old and decrepit (I'm 52). I've never liked running scopes or high-mag sights in BF4 or BF1, I usually ran red dots in BF4 and iron sight guns in BF1. But in BFV I have joined the masses and put a 3x scope on most anything that will equip it, except the M1907 (and I'm thinking about doing that right now). I hated doing it, but as soon as I did, I started doing a lot better.

The problem is player visibility and I don't know how to fix it short of bringing back doritos and nobody wants to do that. But, semi-autos and LMGs are very effective at ranges where the visibility in this game seems to almost require you to use a 3x scope. Hence, crutch. Remember, guns firing full-power rounds like .303 or 7.7mm Mauser were effective out to several hundred yards...but almost nobody except snipers actually used anything but good old iron sights in WWII.

Let medic, assault, and support all have iron, reflex, or aperture sights. Recons get 3x or 6x on their SLRs and bolt-actions.
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I use the MP34 for the most range potential of all medic guns. Semi-auto fire mode, holographic 1x sight and do fine up to 100m. While I don't usually get the kill at that range, I can hit them so they back off as I move up to get closer, and if they don't move I can kill them easily because of how accurate the gun is. I also use the 10% faster bullet upgrade and the stationary accuracy upgrade and don't shoot that far on the move. I've beat out snipers at over 60m like this because they didn't go for the head and I got them before they got their second shot off.

All that said, I think 2x or 2.5x would be plenty, 3x and the recoil will start to go crazy.
  • Cerben1
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    give the Medics M1A1 and 3x scope and we have an new camper class. and give Recon 4x scope and 8x scope and they become more fare from the objective but give the Support an better bipod for mmg and an Ammo launcher cose cant stand running to camping recons all day to give the ammo. an the problem for me is that the bag is good for my self and sniper but medics and Assault prefer the Ammo crate and i wold like to get sticky TnT for support as its more fitting then AT mines or AP mines
  • bran1986
    5900 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    give the Medics M1A1 and 3x scope and we have an new camper class. and give Recon 4x scope and 8x scope and they become more fare from the objective but give the Support an better bipod for mmg and an Ammo launcher cose cant stand running to camping recons all day to give the ammo. an the problem for me is that the bag is good for my self and sniper but medics and Assault prefer the Ammo crate and i wold like to get sticky TnT for support as its more fitting then AT mines or AP mines

Limit their ammo, problem solved.
  • MonicasCigar
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know many will likely flame me but I have gained medic since the get go I have used every gun to nearly 10 etc.
    Now the elephant in the room, ranged fights.
    With the recent changes the mp40, sten, and ZK33 are great albeit slow rof ranged weapons. The true reason we can't compete at range is our best ranged scope is 1.5X.
    If we was given a 3x scope we could better compete at comparative ranges against other ranged full autos like lmg mmg and full auto AR.
    Some will say we can't fight in CQC well just like any class of your in CQC change guns to m19, sumi etc.
    IN SUMMARY:
    We have decent ranged fighting abilities with very little to no recoil on the new ZK33 we just can't see far enough to really take advantage of that new range.

Begin Debate, and please keep it civil folks.

remove 3x scope from assault.
    problem solved.
  • MonicasCigar
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You people are missing the point. Let me make it clearer for you, it's in the name of the class itself: Medic. If you want to play team support, if you want to resurrect players and resupply med packs, then this is the class for you. If you want to assault other players at range, then you should play Assault.

BFV is a squad level game. There's meant to be perks and weaknesses to every class because the intent is for you to operate together as a unit. If you adjust your attitude and understand you can't be all things in all situations then you'll start to play the game as it's intended and really find the joy of it.

err, if you want to assault other players at range, grab a sniper rifle. :p not assault.