Horrible

Comments

• MakoStrike
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mudpig44...well said, I couldn't have said it better.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SWCC9517 wrote: »
    This game after the update is horrible, ppl shooting through walls and objects. Can't even kill someone point blank with a head shot, took 3 shots to kill him.

I think this has been happening as far as the shooting through wall thing I just think we realize it now due to kill cams being in game.
  • XxmOss72xX
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it's us? Naaaaah... 46 with a decent K/D. I'm the old man in the squad but I'm still viable.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    XxmOss72xX wrote: »
    Maybe it's us? Naaaaah... 46 with a decent K/D. I'm the old man in the squad but I'm still viable.

Okay, I don’t mean “us.” I mean the people who keep crying about how unfair the game is.

• leftybaa1
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think what you are witnessing is a lot of new people with the game. So you sometimes have more one-sided engagements as it just depends on the teamwork and skill level of each teams “blueberries”.

Enjoy playing alone and this presents quite the challenge. Sometimes you run across nice people willing to work with you and other times you are truly a lone wolf. Now have seen other discussions on here where they state “you cannot be a lone wolf”. Well you can and you can get nice score while playing objectives and have a good k/d. Also have leveled up gold at least two separate weapons from each class. Which will tell you that have gold shotgun, smg, lmg, sniper, assault so used to playing different ways depending on scenario.

So be patient as others get experience as it will get better.

****Having said that must must indicate that “yes” the starting weapons are OP. Been in many situations where they have no right having the advantage and yet they win. This does not help newer players at all. It gives them false security as they should not have won the engagement but did so due to their starting weapon. Makes absolutely no sense to level up and unlock more weapons and skill trees if the starting weapons are some of your best options. Hopefully someone will address this issue. The whole point of playing the game and leveling up is to have the superior weapon.

Have no respect for those level 50 players rocking the Bren or KE7.

• SWCC9517
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 23
    Fix your game, when I go prone it just bounces me up. Looked like I was in water on aerodome. All these bugs are getting really annoying. Do you even listen to the players or give a crap because I you already have our money

Edited to remove attempt to bypass profanity filter. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • huginn123
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with that fix your damn game I'm out the money for buying the digital copy and I can't sell it to recoup my money another thing you were making the guns horrible
  • SWCC9517
    I just want my money back. Sick of the server lag and the crappy updates.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SWCC9517 wrote: »
    I just want my money back. Sick of the server lag and the crappy updates.
    You do know that not everyone gets server lag?
  • SWCC9517
    Sure.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    mudpig44 wrote: »
    says the trolls with the least activity aka new players from cod lol

Haha that's a laugh. BFV is nothing more than a big version of COD with vehicles. K/D averages prove that.
    I've never liked COD which is why BFV is the beginning of the end for long time BF players.

I hear a lot of BF Vets on this forum complaining about how BFV is not the Battlefield they remember.

Here’s a thought...maybe those of us who are BF Vets are just getting old. Battlefield 1942 came out 17 years ago, and BF 2 came out 14 years ago, so if you played these games with any regularity back in the day, you’re probably in your mid 30s by now. Heck, if you played BF1942 as 30-something, you’re approaching 50!

I’m 37, and each year my eyes get a little worse and my reflexes a little slower. Maybe the alleged “CoDification” isn’t the problem. Maybe it’s us.

I'm with you on that, 46 year old bf vet. My reflex is rubbish now compared to my bf2 days. I'd love the chance to go back to bf2 to see how different it actually is to how I remember it.
    It really anoys me when people cliam to be bf vets and say this isn't battlefield when they have only played from BF3.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair though, we may be getting a tad slower, but our experience is the balance. I may not be as fast as these young gunslingers, but thinking around corners is just as relevant in BF, and it seems the younger crowd are more straight in to win (which, if I still had those reflexes might be my choice as well).

Looks like we may need start a Grumpy Old Blastards group. Or the Turtle Platoon. The Older is Wiser group. The Go To He11 Millenials squad. Okay, getting carried away? You get the idea ;)

And before 20 millenials start raging over my comments and taking to Twitternet to lament the social injustice, take it easy. There was a time when people could jab at each other in fun without starting a riot. ;)
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    To be fair though, we may be getting a tad slower, but our experience is the balance. I may not be as fast as these young gunslingers, but thinking around corners is just as relevant in BF, and it seems the younger crowd are more straight in to win (which, if I still had those reflexes might be my choice as well).

Looks like we may need start a Grumpy Old Blastards group. Or the Turtle Platoon. The Older is Wiser group. The Go To He11 Millenials squad. Okay, getting carried away? You get the idea ;)

And before 20 millenials start raging over my comments and taking to Twitternet to lament the social injustice, take it easy. There was a time when people could jab at each other in fun without starting a riot. ;)

I need you on my friends list you'd fit right in,
    I'm definitely up for grumpy old **** squad 😁.
    Gt - a sittingduck73, yep that's hie slow my reactions are, in fact I'm thinking of changing it to fish in a barrel.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26

Haha that's a laugh. BFV is nothing more than a big version of COD with vehicles. K/D averages prove that.
    I've never liked COD which is why BFV is the beginning of the end for long time BF players.

I hear a lot of BF Vets on this forum complaining about how BFV is not the Battlefield they remember.

Here’s a thought...maybe those of us who are BF Vets are just getting old. Battlefield 1942 came out 17 years ago, and BF 2 came out 14 years ago, so if you played these games with any regularity back in the day, you’re probably in your mid 30s by now. Heck, if you played BF1942 as 30-something, you’re approaching 50!

I’m 37, and each year my eyes get a little worse and my reflexes a little slower. Maybe the alleged “CoDification” isn’t the problem. Maybe it’s us.

I'm with you on that, 46 year old bf vet. My reflex is rubbish now compared to my bf2 days. I'd love the chance to go back to bf2 to see how different it actually is to how I remember it.
    It really anoys me when people cliam to be bf vets and say this isn't battlefield when they have only played from BF3.

I'm 50 and played 1942 on PC, I played a few rounds and was underwhelmed, and moved on to other games. I played and enjoyed Bad Company single player campaign on Xbox while deployed to Afghanistan. I was not able to play multiplayer because we had no internet, but enjoyed the single player enough to buy BF3 when I came back. I played the campaign, it nowhere near as good as the Bad Company story, but not bad.

I finally tried BF3 multiplayer and it was like a religious experience, it was amazing! A giant sandbox conflict with accurately modeled armor, aircraft, weapons, and equipment with giant combined arms maps that required coordinated teamwork to win the game. I have either driven, shot, or been in a lot of the equipment accurately represented in the game and was impressed, and wait for it, immersed. That immersion was the hook, I played 1942, but I did not have the same firsthand experience with the WW2 equipment.

At 50, my reflexes aren't as good as they were, but they were never that great to begin with only so-so. I played the objectives, and traded lives for wins - it really doesn't hurt when your digital soldier dies, but losing a game 0 - 6 hurts like hell!

My k/d suffered because I capped, but I scored well, usually near the top of the leader board or MVP and Ace Squad - it was not hard when playing with a squad that communicates.

I may be older, and getting older, but in my opinion, BF has changed for the worse, and it not due to my old eyes and declining reflexes. The BF franchise has lost it's focus, and is trying to copy the latest gaming fads while monetizing with loot boxes and customization - the core experience has devolved.

I play and somewhat enjoy BF5, but BF3 is easily the best game I have ever played - and I have played a lot of vidya games in my half century of life.

And to the "Original Gangsta BF Vets" that say 1942 was best, and BF3 is for rookies, my apologies for annoying you, but the WW1 and WW2 do not have dirt bikes and helicopters - "GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!"
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1942,was definetly not the best. It was incredibly clunky, the maps were vast open spaces with little detail or cover but at the time it was awesome. Would I play it now? Nah not a chance, BFV plays really well for me, really enjoy it. I did love BF3, thought BF4 was meh and loved BF1.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Gt - a sittingduck73, yep that's hie slow my reactions are, in fact I'm thinking of changing it to fish in a barrel.

Dig it. I'll add you when I jump on today. We can shoot folk and complain about how we miss the good old days, ect!!!! :)
  • ragnarok013
    2564 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

@asittingduck you can go back, I still play BF2 via the game ranger app as seen in the screenshot below:
  • SlowOldWarrior
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm 50 and played 1942 on PC, I played a few rounds and was underwhelmed, and moved on to other games. I played and enjoyed Bad Company single player campaign on Xbox while deployed to Afghanistan. I was not able to play multiplayer because we had no internet, but enjoyed the single player enough to buy BF3 when I came back. I played the campaign, it nowhere near as good as the Bad Company story, but not bad.

I finally tried BF3 multiplayer and it was like a religious experience, it was amazing! A giant sandbox conflict with accurately modeled armor, aircraft, weapons, and equipment with giant combined arms maps that required coordinated teamwork to win the game. I have either driven, shot, or been in a lot of the equipment accurately represented in the game and was impressed, and wait for it, immersed. That immersion was the hook, I played 1942, but I did not have the same firsthand experience with the WW2 equipment.

At 50, my reflexes aren't as good as they were, but they were never that great to begin with only so-so. I played the objectives, and traded lives for wins - it really doesn't hurt when your digital soldier dies, but losing a game 0 - 6 hurts like hell!

My k/d suffered because I capped, but I scored well, usually near the top of the leader board or MVP and Ace Squad - it was not hard when playing with a squad that communicates.

I may be older, and getting older, but in my opinion, BF has changed for the worse, and it not due to my old eyes and declining reflexes. The BF franchise has lost it's focus, and is trying to copy the latest gaming fads while monetizing with loot boxes and customization - the core experience has devolved.

I play and somewhat enjoy BF5, but BF3 is easily the best game I have ever played - and I have played a lot of vidya games in my half century of life.

And to the "Original Gangsta BF Vets" that say 1942 was best, and BF3 is for rookies, my apologies for annoying you, but the WW1 and WW2 do not have dirt bikes and helicopters - "GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!"

Quoting myself to clarify my "immersion" comment as possibly being interpreted as misogynistic, another benefit of a BF3/4 conflict would be avoiding the whole soldier gender vs. history issue.

I deployed and continue to serve with many female soldiers - they were, and continue to be awesome, our military could not function without them.
  • asittingduck

Dig it. I'll add you when I jump on today. We can shoot folk and complain about how we miss the good old days, ect!!!! :)

What's your Gt so 8 know who you are, I tend to ignore random people that add me.
  • asittingduck

@asittingduck you can go back, I still play BF2 via the game ranger app as seen in the screenshot below:

Thanks for the info, but I don't have a pc anymore. This may persuade me to get a pc