This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Khronikos
2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2019
https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ahgolb/weekly_reminder_that_we_spent_20_extra_for_deluxe/

I honestly had no idea they even started giving out deluxe edition content. It turns out there really is no content, and the whole game is a complete farce.

Little did I know I have already been getting the deluxe content in the form of useless parts of skins for a complete gun. It's horrible. It's so bad I did not even notice it. Some random skins that look like they were put together in 5 minutes. No, they were put together in five minutes.

This is honestly the last game I will buying from Dice or EA in the near future. No questions asked. This BS has been done to their fans TWO times in a row with Star Wars and now BFV, both games hideously unfinished, nearly broken in parts, and with no seemingly solid foundation for the future.

Nope. It's over people. You can play this til your eyes bleed for all I care. I got better things to do with my life. I noticed when I booted up for the Tides mission how happy I was that it seemed really easy to get the gun because I am not sure I can fathom devoting more than an hour to the game at a time. Not even sure I care about getting the weapon. There doesn't seem to be a future for this game.

If people somehow think battle royale months late is going to save this game, you are out of your minds. Customization in this game is laughably inane, and there is no way in hell I would ever support these devs or their overlords with anything past the 40 I spent on their horrid deluxe edition.

I know the hardcore I do nothing with my life but play BF guys are going to keep trucking, but at this point I can't see this game surviving into the next holiday season much less into the summer unless their DLC stuff is utterly amazing.

And why would it be? Where is the funding for this? They already rushed this game out on the barest budget possible trying to compete with COD. They failed. They failed with Star Wars, a game that still has hardly any new maps, a game where heroes are still imbalanced. Star Wars is getting some fixes again well over a year after release.

Sorry but some people have better things to do. I did play this game a lot at first, but it's been pretty clear this is just not a polished game worth my time, and there are 9000 other things to do with my life.

My question is why do people keep supporting EA and their unfinished garbage? Is it because of pew pew addiction? Going by hours alone BF players are some of the most addicted players in gaming outside of LoL and stuff like that. But why? Where is the fun in this horribly balanced game? What is the payoff?

Comments

• Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    duplicate
    Post edited by Llordus on
  • Llordus
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Well. BF V deluxe happened to be the biggest scam I let myself go in.

Frankly - I agree this one is sinking ship. And if this one goes down, who will buy next one?
    I totally can not understand any decision EA/Dice is taking regarding development of BFV.

deluxe, just to steal money from customers.
    Lack of maps on launch time, and after too.
    Lack of all single player missions (not to mention these were biggest [nonsense] I have ever seen in single player mode for last 2 decades ...).
    Half of available weapons is just BF1 garbage with new textures.
    No anti-cheat at all.
    buggy assignments which in fact forces players to do everything, but ptfo - in ptfo oriented game...
    Lack of rush mode - which is in fact only interesting mode in BF franchise (and breakthrough can replace it only barely).
    [bad] netcode, full of issues - which is suprising, considering well patched BF3 or BF4 games years ago.
    Etc.

It is unbelievable, that instead fixing all those - they are doing totaly unnecessary things, like panzerstorm or squad conquest available only in 3 maps.

Still in current shape it is way better, than BF1 - but it is nothing comparing to old BF3 or BF4.

And regarding supporting the EA/Dice - money are already spent. You can not do anything about that. At least not till they release the next game in franchise - which may be the last one, due to sales drop.

[mod edit - don't use asterisks in lieu of the intended profanity as this makes it more likely that the post will be flagged]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Llordus wrote: »
    Well. BF V deluxe happened to be the biggest scam I let myself go in.

Frankly - I agree this one is sinking ship. And if this one goes down, who will buy next one?
    I totally can not understand any decision EA/Dice is taking regarding development of BFV.

deluxe, just to steal money from customers.
    Lack of maps on launch time, and after too.
    Lack of all single player missions (not to mention these were biggest [nonsense] I have ever seen in single player mode for last 2 decades ...).
    Half of available weapons is just BF1 garbage with new textures.
    No anti-cheat at all.
    buggy assignments which in fact forces players to do everything, but ptfo - in ptfo oriented game...
    Lack of rush mode - which is in fact only interesting mode in BF franchise (and breakthrough can replace it only barely).
    [bad] netcode, full of issues - which is suprising, considering well patched BF3 or BF4 games years ago.
    Etc.

It is unbelievable, that instead fixing all those - they are doing totaly unnecessary things, like panzerstorm or squad conquest available only in 3 maps.

Still in current shape it is way better, than BF1 - but it is nothing comparing to old BF3 or BF4.

And regarding supporting the EA/Dice - money are already spent. You can not do anything about that. At least not till they release the next game in franchise - which may be the last one, due to sales drop.

[mod edit - don't use asterisks in lieu of the intended profanity as this makes it more likely that the post will be flagged]

I disagree with about 70% of what you are saying...but I respect your opinion
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Psybernaut
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy the game for what it is but the deluxe edition content has taught me a lesson I will not soon forget.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I knew a Khronikos, "I'm fed up, never again", rant would be coming soon. It's becoming a staple of the franchise.

Harkens back to the ttk changes of bf1.........salt makes everything taste better
  • pointmanjeff
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    https://old.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ahgolb/weekly_reminder_that_we_spent_20_extra_for_deluxe/

I honestly had no idea they even started giving out deluxe edition content. It turns out there really is no content, and the whole game is a complete farce.

Little did I know I have already been getting the deluxe content in the form of useless parts of skins for a complete gun. It's horrible. It's so bad I did not even notice it. Some random skins that look like they were put together in 5 minutes. No, they were put together in five minutes.

This is honestly the last game I will buying from Dice or EA in the near future. No questions asked. This BS has been done to their fans TWO times in a row with Star Wars and now BFV, both games hideously unfinished, nearly broken in parts, and with no seemingly solid foundation for the future.

Nope. It's over people. You can play this til your eyes bleed for all I care. I got better things to do with my life. I noticed when I booted up for the Tides mission how happy I was that it seemed really easy to get the gun because I am not sure I can fathom devoting more than an hour to the game at a time. Not even sure I care about getting the weapon. There doesn't seem to be a future for this game.

If people somehow think battle royale months late is going to save this game, you are out of your minds. Customization in this game is laughably inane, and there is no way in hell I would ever support these devs or their overlords with anything past the 40 I spent on their horrid deluxe edition.

I know the hardcore I do nothing with my life but play BF guys are going to keep trucking, but at this point I can't see this game surviving into the next holiday season much less into the summer unless their DLC stuff is utterly amazing.

And why would it be? Where is the funding for this? They already rushed this game out on the barest budget possible trying to compete with COD. They failed. They failed with Star Wars, a game that still has hardly any new maps, a game where heroes are still imbalanced. Star Wars is getting some fixes again well over a year after release.

Sorry but some people have better things to do. I did play this game a lot at first, but it's been pretty clear this is just not a polished game worth my time, and there are 9000 other things to do with my life.

My question is why do people keep supporting EA and their unfinished garbage? Is it because of pew pew addiction? Going by hours alone BF players are some of the most addicted players in gaming outside of LoL and stuff like that. But why? Where is the fun in this horribly balanced game? What is the payoff?

I agree with you in a few of those aspects, fine we are used to premium content by buying that deluxe edition. Not just some skins or knifes. But I guess we knew this going into it, I have been pissed for weeks about the whole thing. I have to let it go, because I know we are not getting anything special. Heck we cant even get company coin right. But, the one thing that has tortured me and forever will is we payed full price, when we all could have gotten it for half. Yes we got early beta play, but how much did they listen to us? I feel like the only thing that will ever make this right for me is a body dropping M1 garand in the medic class :smiley:
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They did mention a kick back for deluxe due to the content not being worth the value. They should add the 1911a1 pistol and some other goodies deluxe is a complete joke.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I love this game the deluxe version wasn't much of a deal
  • BaronVonGoon
    7022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Deluxe was definitely a ripoff. Especially if you paid full price.

Although to be honest I don't know what comes with deluxe as I only bought it for the 3-day early access. The question is is 3 day early access $20 a rip off? I dont know. It's definitely greedy. But people will pay, I paid for it and I'd pay again. Consider it a luxury item for the impatient.
  • mf_shro0m
    2312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that the deluxe stuff’s an absolute rip-off but the game is getting better. They need to put out more new maps and new weapons soon tho. The game’s getting old fast and in none of the good ways
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess some of you weren't around for all the BF 1 groaning.. people paid like a hundred dollars for all the map packs up front, but they would be released each quarter (?) and then all of a sudden DICE started discounting the map packs and practically giving them away and people felt a little betrayed...
    Analogy would be something like: You buy (pre-order) a pair of jeans for $50 and are promised them on June 1st. I don't pre-order the jeans, but on June 1st, I am offered the same exact jeans at the same time for $25. I think that's about how it went down. (Maybe they had 2 week early access or something, but it certainly wasn't worth the extra coin).

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/92870/premium-pass-bundle-ripping-off-early-buyers-and-pre-orderers
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/a36dwh/battlefield_v_half_off_until_december_20th_for/
    First post:
    Are you kidding me. I just paid full price for this game two days ago. What a joke.

Edit: everyone telling me to get a refund... I can’t. Bought on the playstation store. They don’t give refunds in the US.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    r0nin_Ts wrote: »
    Rip off? Do you know what is rip off? It's when I have pre-ordered BF1 deluxe with premium for 150$ for a couple of skins which I couldn't even apply in the game, couple of guns which were equal or weaker than their vanilla counterparts, with DLC weapons locked behind stupid tasks forcing me to play as useless noob <some of them I haven't unlocked to this day>. The same edition you could buy after one year for only 25$. Now, that's rip off. You just had a misunderstanding.

I presume you are responding to OP?
This discussion has been closed.