This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    That's another thing they kind of took from COD. The rocket drop, except it's just more fun in COD and doesn't have much of a place in BF at all IMO.

    This game should have focused on large maps, its bread and butter. It did not, hence we get butter and no bread.

    Except Predator missile in CoD is a solo scorestreak that you actively control and can attain several times in any given match.

    That's in comparison to an accumulated squad score reward that you generally aim with a pair of binos before it even launches.

    Also, news flash: there have been called-in artillery strike mechanics in BF since 2005, before the Predator missile was even a thing in CoD.

    So much for "taking" something from CoD.

    There hasn't been anything like this in a BF game I have played in ages. I know you are the general apologist on these forums, but honestly give it a rest dude. Nobody cares.

    Not only that it simply doesn't fit in this game. At no point do infantry call in crap loads of rockets in WW2 lol. It fits COD because COD is an arcade game for the most part. It's a terrible replacement for sentries and behemoths. BORING.

    Lmao BF2 had artillery strikes called in on any position of the map, not just where you can see with binos. BF2142 had orbital strikes. Recon in BC2 had an artillery strike much like what we see in BF5, just even more effective since explosive damage was outrageous in that game. BF4 had commander Cruise Missiles.

    What you choose to remember and what happened in reality seem to be two different things. Luckily history is not written via your memory.

    Lastly, how is BF not an arcade shooter?Out of anyone in this form, I'd particularly love for YOU to be the one to explain it to me.

    You forgot BF3's UAV guided Missile/Bomb thing. It even had a machine gun as well!

    EDIT: Hang on......

    Was that BC2 as well?

    Yeah that was in BC2 as well, though you usually see it being used to propel a sniper on top of it 300m into the air.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The little sniper UAV thing was BF4. I think. And there was the UAV with the zapper where you detonated mines and stuff.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »
    The little sniper UAV thing was BF4. I think. And there was the UAV with the zapper where you detonated mines and stuff.

    MAV

    Yeah. I used it a little bit but I don't like gadgets. I think I used it a bit on Lancang Dam.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    warslag wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    The little sniper UAV thing was BF4. I think. And there was the UAV with the zapper where you detonated mines and stuff.

    MAV

    Yeah. I used it a little bit but I don't like gadgets. I think I used it a bit on Lancang Dam.

    I spent a few rounds in BF4 literally just flying the MAV above the map and spotting the entire match. You could top the scoreboard without a single kill or death just by constantly spotting the entire enemy team. Of course it was easy to be shot down if someone noticed you.

    The MAV was also a motion detector, so you could land it near choke points hidden from view and detect anyone running through the area.
  • Trokey66
    8931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    That's another thing they kind of took from COD. The rocket drop, except it's just more fun in COD and doesn't have much of a place in BF at all IMO.

    This game should have focused on large maps, its bread and butter. It did not, hence we get butter and no bread.

    Except Predator missile in CoD is a solo scorestreak that you actively control and can attain several times in any given match.

    That's in comparison to an accumulated squad score reward that you generally aim with a pair of binos before it even launches.

    Also, news flash: there have been called-in artillery strike mechanics in BF since 2005, before the Predator missile was even a thing in CoD.

    So much for "taking" something from CoD.

    There hasn't been anything like this in a BF game I have played in ages. I know you are the general apologist on these forums, but honestly give it a rest dude. Nobody cares.

    Not only that it simply doesn't fit in this game. At no point do infantry call in crap loads of rockets in WW2 lol. It fits COD because COD is an arcade game for the most part. It's a terrible replacement for sentries and behemoths. BORING.

    Lmao BF2 had artillery strikes called in on any position of the map, not just where you can see with binos. BF2142 had orbital strikes. Recon in BC2 had an artillery strike much like what we see in BF5, just even more effective since explosive damage was outrageous in that game. BF4 had commander Cruise Missiles.

    What you choose to remember and what happened in reality seem to be two different things. Luckily history is not written via your memory.

    Lastly, how is BF not an arcade shooter?Out of anyone in this form, I'd particularly love for YOU to be the one to explain it to me.

    You forgot BF3's UAV guided Missile/Bomb thing. It even had a machine gun as well!

    EDIT: Hang on......

    Was that BC2 as well?

    bfbc the recon class called in mortars via bino's

    I know that.
    warslag wrote: »
    The little sniper UAV thing was BF4. I think. And there was the UAV with the zapper where you detonated mines and stuff.

    No, talking about the thing you piloted from a console.found around the map.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    The little sniper UAV thing was BF4. I think. And there was the UAV with the zapper where you detonated mines and stuff.

    No, talking about the thing you piloted from a console.found around the map.

    The EOD bot? I didn't use that much at all.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    The little sniper UAV thing was BF4. I think. And there was the UAV with the zapper where you detonated mines and stuff.

    No, talking about the thing you piloted from a console.found around the map.
    warslag wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    The little sniper UAV thing was BF4. I think. And there was the UAV with the zapper where you detonated mines and stuff.

    No, talking about the thing you piloted from a console.found around the map.

    The EOD bot? I didn't use that much at all.

    It was 100% the UAV from BC2. It looked like a tiny helicopter and you piloted it by using a console that it spawned right next to. It could fire machine guns and laser designate an area for a hell fire missile strike. Apart from being able to stand on top of it and fly 100s of meters into the air.
  • Trokey66
    8931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This thing!

  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    This thing!


    That's the thing
  • PrezMtDewCamacho
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don’t know man, I don’t understand people, they’re stupid. The writing was on the wall with the BF4 release. I stopped buying after that.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    This thing!
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    That's the thing

    Holy moly that map was awesome! Suddenly had a load of memories. The two houses and the utter massacring in and around them was so satisfying. I seem to remember a little outbuilding near the building at A, where I would fire through some slats without being detected. Later on the righthand side, attacking, there's a slope up a snow-bank, with a patch of ground above and a nice asymmetric firefight. Then a bridge over to the left and an iced over lake. Great stuff. Nice sounds, too, and really vicious feeling guns and combat.
  • Trokey66
    8931 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    This thing!
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    That's the thing

    Holy moly that map was awesome! Suddenly had a load of memories. The two houses and the utter massacring in and around them was so satisfying. I seem to remember a little outbuilding near the building at A, where I would fire through some slats without being detected. Later on the righthand side, attacking, there's a slope up a snow-bank, with a patch of ground above and a nice asymmetric firefight. Then a bridge over to the left and an iced over lake. Great stuff. Nice sounds, too, and really vicious feeling guns and combat.

    Nelson Bay was one of my favorite maps in BC2,how a night map should look.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've supported it as long as I can but it's seriously boring me now. Even if I get MVP and have a really outstanding game i'm just bored. The new weapons are always underwhelming. Bored of the maps. All the custom stuff is borin hahah. I don't think tomorrows patch will make any difference. Needs some new decent content ASAP. I might even jump over to Anthem an see how that's working out when it's released.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    That's another thing they kind of took from COD. The rocket drop, except it's just more fun in COD and doesn't have much of a place in BF at all IMO.

    This game should have focused on large maps, its bread and butter. It did not, hence we get butter and no bread.

    Except Predator missile in CoD is a solo scorestreak that you actively control and can attain several times in any given match.

    That's in comparison to an accumulated squad score reward that you generally aim with a pair of binos before it even launches.

    Also, news flash: there have been called-in artillery strike mechanics in BF since 2005, before the Predator missile was even a thing in CoD.

    So much for "taking" something from CoD.

    There hasn't been anything like this in a BF game I have played in ages. I know you are the general apologist on these forums, but honestly give it a rest dude. Nobody cares.

    Not only that it simply doesn't fit in this game. At no point do infantry call in crap loads of rockets in WW2 lol. It fits COD because COD is an arcade game for the most part. It's a terrible replacement for sentries and behemoths. BORING.

    Lmao BF2 had artillery strikes called in on any position of the map, not just where you can see with binos. BF2142 had orbital strikes. Recon in BC2 had an artillery strike much like what we see in BF5, just even more effective since explosive damage was outrageous in that game. BF4 had commander Cruise Missiles.

    What you choose to remember and what happened in reality seem to be two different things. Luckily history is not written via your memory.

    Lastly, how is BF not an arcade shooter?Out of anyone in this form, I'd particularly love for YOU to be the one to explain it to me.

    I quite clearly told you I have not played a BF game in ages with rockets and what not. I barely played BF4 because the console experience was terrible. I also said KIND OF took because quite honestly they didn't have any of that stuff in BF1, and they didn't need it either. The sentries were ten times better.

    So that would pretty much line up with me not playing much of the prior games. A little bit here and there, but not much at all. It's a moot point regardless. I think all the rockets in BFV are stupid as hell for the most part. The other things are borderline useless, and I have no fun glitching out trying to do the binocs either. COD simply does it better, and COD is entirely known for its streak kills more than any BF game will ever be. PERIOD.

    BF is such a different experience to COD that calling them both arcade games is absolutely ridiculous. You can't call them the same kind of game because they are not even close. BF is quite a bit more realistic and grounded when it needs to be.

    BF1 is my favorite BF game no doubt, and no COD will ever give me that again, but BFV is just all the wrong pieces put together.

    Also, not sure what you are talking about with WW2, which is what I am talking about. They have many different streak kills from carpet bombing to machine gun on a plane to glide bombs. All different things if you can get there. Even with requisitions it is tough at times to get the top streak kills.

    But WW2 definitely did not just copy BF. They have plenty of different streaks.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I quite clearly told you I have not played a BF game in ages with rockets and what not. I barely played BF4 because the console experience was terrible. I also said KIND OF took because quite honestly they didn't have any of that stuff in BF1, and they didn't need it either. The sentries were ten times better.

    So that would pretty much line up with me not playing much of the prior games. A little bit here and there, but not much at all. It's a moot point regardless. I think all the rockets in BFV are stupid as hell for the most part. The other things are borderline useless, and I have no fun glitching out trying to do the binocs either. COD simply does it better, and COD is entirely known for its streak kills more than any BF game will ever be. PERIOD.

    BF is such a different experience to COD that calling them both arcade games is absolutely ridiculous. You can't call them the same kind of game because they are not even close. BF is quite a bit more realistic and grounded when it needs to be.

    BF1 is my favorite BF game no doubt, and no COD will ever give me that again, but BFV is just all the wrong pieces put together.

    Also, not sure what you are talking about with WW2, which is what I am talking about. They have many different streak kills from carpet bombing to machine gun on a plane to glide bombs. All different things if you can get there. Even with requisitions it is tough at times to get the top streak kills.

    But WW2 definitely did not just copy BF. They have plenty of different streaks.

    Okay, but your experience with past games doesn't matter at all. The fact is BF had called-in missile strikes like that in thier games before CoD even released a modern Warfare title, let alone added Predator missiles as a scorestreak. Therefore it's impossible that it was even "sort of" taken from CoD. You're views on whether or not the v-1 is stupid is what's moot. BF isn't "not known" for air strikes just because you never invested time into one of the several BF games that featured them.

    Lol, and dropping ammo and health at a location of your choosing at the press of a button is useless? Man, you should write guide on how to make all the wrong decisions in a BF game.

    And BF and CoD differ mainly because of map size, player count, and gun mechanics. That doesn't negate the fact BF is an arcade shooter. It's not an arena shooter, it's not a milsim, it's not a comp shooter - it's a casual arcade shooter just like cod, it appeals to literally the exact same gamer market as cod. It's got arcady gameplay and it's gameplay is blatantly fantastical and over the top. BF is an arcade shooter, objectively.

    Lastly, I don't know what YOU are talking about in terms of ww2 because I didn't bring that up at all. I didn't reference that at all even slightly in the comment you're responding to. So... Yeah.... Whatever that was.
  • VanDrakeUk
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its pretty clear by now that the drip feeding of "new" content is to keep origin premier pass players paying each month, but its all too little too late for most I imagine. New (or rather "time gated" lets be honest) weapons wont hold many players attention long in the meantime, especially when theres still only 8-9 maps that peoples have been playing over and over again since launch.

    I'm certainly bored of everything available so far.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I quite clearly told you I have not played a BF game in ages with rockets and what not. I barely played BF4 because the console experience was terrible. I also said KIND OF took because quite honestly they didn't have any of that stuff in BF1, and they didn't need it either. The sentries were ten times better.

    So that would pretty much line up with me not playing much of the prior games. A little bit here and there, but not much at all. It's a moot point regardless. I think all the rockets in BFV are stupid as hell for the most part. The other things are borderline useless, and I have no fun glitching out trying to do the binocs either. COD simply does it better, and COD is entirely known for its streak kills more than any BF game will ever be. PERIOD.

    BF is such a different experience to COD that calling them both arcade games is absolutely ridiculous. You can't call them the same kind of game because they are not even close. BF is quite a bit more realistic and grounded when it needs to be.

    BF1 is my favorite BF game no doubt, and no COD will ever give me that again, but BFV is just all the wrong pieces put together.

    Also, not sure what you are talking about with WW2, which is what I am talking about. They have many different streak kills from carpet bombing to machine gun on a plane to glide bombs. All different things if you can get there. Even with requisitions it is tough at times to get the top streak kills.

    But WW2 definitely did not just copy BF. They have plenty of different streaks.

    Okay, but your experience with past games doesn't matter at all. The fact is BF had called-in missile strikes like that in thier games before CoD even released a modern Warfare title, let alone added Predator missiles as a scorestreak. Therefore it's impossible that it was even "sort of" taken from CoD. You're views on whether or not the v-1 is stupid is what's moot. BF isn't "not known" for air strikes just because you never invested time into one of the several BF games that featured them.

    Lol, and dropping ammo and health at a location of your choosing at the press of a button is useless? Man, you should write guide on how to make all the wrong decisions in a BF game.

    And BF and CoD differ mainly because of map size, player count, and gun mechanics. That doesn't negate the fact BF is an arcade shooter. It's not an arena shooter, it's not a milsim, it's not a comp shooter - it's a casual arcade shooter just like cod, it appeals to literally the exact same gamer market as cod. It's got arcady gameplay and it's gameplay is blatantly fantastical and over the top. BF is an arcade shooter, objectively.

    Lastly, I don't know what YOU are talking about in terms of ww2 because I didn't bring that up at all. I didn't reference that at all even slightly in the comment you're responding to. So... Yeah.... Whatever that was.

    It is definitely NOT the same market of players. They might be targeting the same market, but the markets are completely different overall. It's obvious as the day BF just can't sustain COD numbers, and it is for very good reason. BF games are in general too long, and COD is simply a more arcadey upgrade fest.

    BF definitely slants more toward realism, even though it is not a sim. BF1 was more a sim than BFV clearly. Anyway, the idea that you just classify these as arcade shooters is a redundant and inane idea. Arcade shooters don't even exist. Arcades barely exist. It's a completely obscure genre you are trying to pin to these games. And COD fits that outdated line a lot more than BF ever will.

    Objectively, COD's main modes take much less time to complete than most BF modes, they have faster TTK and arena-like atmosphere, and score streaks will always heavily define the game along with some absurdly small maps.

    BF has more accurate weapon details, realistic maps, tanks, airplanes, et cetera. It definitely seeks the sim side of warfare a lot more than COD. This is not even arguable so don't waste your time. You are trying to convince people that COD and BF are the same shooter, when in reality the people buying the games are buying them for entirely different reasons because they are... wait for it... different games with different concepts at play that do not neatly just fit into arcade shooter lol.

    Most people using the term arcade shooter are talking about shmups, so you really need to stop using the term. It was never used to describe games like this. These games never existed in the arcades like this at all.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I quite clearly told you I have not played a BF game in ages with rockets and what not. I barely played BF4 because the console experience was terrible. I also said KIND OF took because quite honestly they didn't have any of that stuff in BF1, and they didn't need it either. The sentries were ten times better.

    So that would pretty much line up with me not playing much of the prior games. A little bit here and there, but not much at all. It's a moot point regardless. I think all the rockets in BFV are stupid as hell for the most part. The other things are borderline useless, and I have no fun glitching out trying to do the binocs either. COD simply does it better, and COD is entirely known for its streak kills more than any BF game will ever be. PERIOD.

    BF is such a different experience to COD that calling them both arcade games is absolutely ridiculous. You can't call them the same kind of game because they are not even close. BF is quite a bit more realistic and grounded when it needs to be.

    BF1 is my favorite BF game no doubt, and no COD will ever give me that again, but BFV is just all the wrong pieces put together.

    Also, not sure what you are talking about with WW2, which is what I am talking about. They have many different streak kills from carpet bombing to machine gun on a plane to glide bombs. All different things if you can get there. Even with requisitions it is tough at times to get the top streak kills.

    But WW2 definitely did not just copy BF. They have plenty of different streaks.

    Okay, but your experience with past games doesn't matter at all. The fact is BF had called-in missile strikes like that in thier games before CoD even released a modern Warfare title, let alone added Predator missiles as a scorestreak. Therefore it's impossible that it was even "sort of" taken from CoD. You're views on whether or not the v-1 is stupid is what's moot. BF isn't "not known" for air strikes just because you never invested time into one of the several BF games that featured them.

    Lol, and dropping ammo and health at a location of your choosing at the press of a button is useless? Man, you should write guide on how to make all the wrong decisions in a BF game.

    And BF and CoD differ mainly because of map size, player count, and gun mechanics. That doesn't negate the fact BF is an arcade shooter. It's not an arena shooter, it's not a milsim, it's not a comp shooter - it's a casual arcade shooter just like cod, it appeals to literally the exact same gamer market as cod. It's got arcady gameplay and it's gameplay is blatantly fantastical and over the top. BF is an arcade shooter, objectively.

    Lastly, I don't know what YOU are talking about in terms of ww2 because I didn't bring that up at all. I didn't reference that at all even slightly in the comment you're responding to. So... Yeah.... Whatever that was.

    Arcade shooters usually refer to shumps. You can honestly stop using that term, because nobody uses that term for the genre of shooters on the market. They are called FPS games. COD is an arena shooter for the most part. Arcades almost never had games like this, and if they did they were like COD.

    Describing it as arcadey is entirely up to you to decide. BF has a lot more sim details: longer games with tons of players, realistic weapon details and maps beyond most other games, warfare that depends on team tactical behavior not in an arena atmosphere for the most part, et cetera.

    COD is a lot more arcadey as you say, so stop trying to pin these games into one hole. The COD crowd clearly buys COD for different reasons than BF because wait for it... they are different games with different concepts at play that make the games feel entirely opposed to each other in various ways.

    Of course the act of shooting a gun and upgrading something is similar. That is NOT enough to justify the nominal value of arcade shooter lol.
This discussion has been closed.