This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    It is definitely NOT the same market of players. They might be targeting the same market, but the markets are completely different overall. It's obvious as the day BF just can't sustain COD numbers, and it is for very good reason. BF games are in general too long, and COD is simply a more arcadey upgrade fest.

    BF definitely slants more toward realism, even though it is not a sim. BF1 was more a sim than BFV clearly. Anyway, the idea that you just classify these as arcade shooters is a redundant and inane idea. Arcade shooters don't even exist. Arcades barely exist. It's a completely obscure genre you are trying to pin to these games. And COD fits that outdated line a lot more than BF ever will.

    Objectively, COD's main modes take much less time to complete than most BF modes, they have faster TTK and arena-like atmosphere, and score streaks will always heavily define the game along with some absurdly small maps.

    BF has more accurate weapon details, realistic maps, tanks, airplanes, et cetera. It definitely seeks the sim side of warfare a lot more than COD. This is not even arguable so don't waste your time. You are trying to convince people that COD and BF are the same shooter, when in reality the people buying the games are buying them for entirely different reasons because they are... wait for it... different games with different concepts at play that do not neatly just fit into arcade shooter lol.

    Arcade shooters usually refer to shumps. You can honestly stop using that term, because nobody uses that term for the genre of shooters on the market. They are called FPS games. COD is an arena shooter for the most part. Arcades almost never had games like this, and if they did they were like COD.

    Describing it as arcadey is entirely up to you to decide. BF has a lot more sim details: longer games with tons of players, realistic weapon details and maps beyond most other games, warfare that depends on team tactical behavior not in an arena atmosphere for the most part, et cetera.

    COD is a lot more arcadey as you say, so stop trying to pin these games into one hole. The COD crowd clearly buys COD for different reasons than BF because wait for it... they are different games with different concepts at play that make the games feel entirely opposed to each other in various ways.

    Of course the act of shooting a gun and upgrading something is similar. That is NOT enough to justify the nominal value of arcade shooter lol.

    I just combined your responses because you pointlessly made two of them.

    Lol so what, you think there aren't thousands upon thousands of people who play both CoD and BF? If not, you should know you're talking to one of them.

    The games appeal to the same type of gamer - shooter fans, speficially casual shooter fans. I know countless people who play both franchises regularly. Hell, I just had a friend whom I met on these forums ask me if I wanted to play Blackout last night. The fact BF doesn't maintain "CoD numbers" means absolutely nothing in that context.

    Lmao, and BF does not slant more toward realism at all. There is almost zero realism in BF games, since the dawn of the franchise. Are we going to go through the entire discussion about the differences between realism and authenticity?

    As a huge fan of milsims who sunk hundreds of hours into games like Arma, Red Orchestra, project reality, etc - BF can not be any further from a Sim. It is as far as it can possibly be from representing realistic Warfare and small arms combat.

    LMMFAO did you just insist bf1 was even remotely like a Sim? That is probably one of THE least realistic and Sim-like BF games ever released. It is through and through unrealistic and inaccurate.

    Sorry, bucko, but the size of maps, presence of vehicles, and the length of matches does not dictate whether or not something is a military simulator. BF is still a ridiculously unrealistic game, inaccurate to the realities of Warfare regardless of the setting being used, that has ridiculously arcadey features like a glaring hud with 3d spotting, minimap, squad list, death icons, etc. They have vehicles with 3rd person cameras, self repair mechanics for tanks, automatic health regeneration, a near instantaneous revive system nearly no matter which way you died, flares that spot people on the map and in 3d space TROUGH WALLS, rifles that do a maximum like 60-70 damage, the ability to jump out of a jet and hop back into it in mid air, guns with insanely low recoil, some BF games started soldiers with over 300 rounds in reserve ammo for a friggin smg with 20 round magazines, they have gadgets like the UAV, eod bot, etc being used in large firefights, they have C4 that can blow up a damn Abrams with just 3 bricks.

    The list goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on. I can essentially sit here ALL DAY listing the ridiciously unrealistic and inaccurate features of every BF game into the longest post in the history of the BF forums. Your sentiment that it's "unarguable" is absolute bologna.

    Secondly, I'm DEFINITELY not trying to convince anyone that CoD and BF are the same game. I'm stating that they're both unrealistic arcade shooters that appeal to the same audience. I'm stating that BF is not in the market that appeals to tactical shooter or milsim fans, it's in the market that appeals to arcadey, unrealistic shooter fans.

    Lastly, you seem to not be the authority to talk to on things that did or did not happen. We just had an entire page of people disproving your claim that called in airstrikes have never been a thing in BF.

    So I'm not going to sit here and take you seriously when you claim NOBODY uses the term "arcade shooters" to describe many fps games. Because that's absolute BS. You can look the term up and see just how many people actually DO use that term.

    So just as your lack of experience with past BF games does not negate the fact they DID have called in missile strikes before CoD, your lack of experience with people using "arcade shooter" to describe various fps games does not negate the fact it is, indeed, a used term.

    "Shooter" is the overall genre of game, but you can't sit there an act like subgenres don't exist. There are Sims, tactical shooters, arcade shooters, arena shooters, shooting gallery, shoot-em-up, the list goes on and on. Sorry, but cramming every fps game into one genre is like cramming every type of rock or metal music into one genre and called it "loud music".

    Lol, and CoD is not an arena shooter. Unreal Tournament, Quake, Doom, etc, THOSE are arena shooters. CoD is absolutely nothing like those games. You look up arena shooter and CoD is nowhere to be found. That's outside the fact that many CoD games have had plenty of larger, sprawling maps, and Cod 3 and ww2 even have game modes with insanely large maps (for CoD) AND VEHICLES. The first CoD game on PC had pretty damn large maps.

    Lmao, and now BF gameplay has a "dependence on team tactical behavior"? That's strange considering I and most people who play BF do so solo and don't work as a team at all, so much so that it's incessantly complained about on these forums. So much so that people advocate for changes that ENFORCE teamwork and a competitive environment.

    Your views on Sim games are weak. Have you ever even played one, or are you just blindly sitting here insisting BF is something it absolutely isn't? Sorry, but I played the hell out of Project Reality, which was a total conversion mod that turned BF2 and all its assets into a legitimate milsim, and the two games aren't even comparable. Nearly every facet of BF2 had to be changed to accommodate the milsim style and setting of Project Reality. Why? Because BF2 was an arcadey, unrealistic game. No other BF game is different.

    I am sorry to tell you but no one is reading all that. I said it is much more in line with simulation when it comes to gun details, maps, et cetera. Way more than COD. This is not arguable. For open warfare the BF4-BFV games look amazingly realistic in a lot of scenarios with graphics and sound, hence the idea that yes they have sim elements. So does COD, but only a bit in the visual design for the most part. It doesn't recreate maps in painstaking detail like BF does. And neither do some of the games you mentioned measure up the sim elements in graphics and sound that BF has either.

    I read it, but arguably i'm a noone.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reddit
  • BaronVonGoon
    7061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I watched grass grow.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Footsteps are more important than black and infinite loading screens.
    Kinda disheartening.
    I can’t justify trying to talk my old clan from BF1943 into buying the game. I feel like they would be upset at me.
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Reddit

    Deluxe is garbage.

    Game is $30, encouraging cheaters to just buy another one if their acc gets banned. Low risk - cheap replacement.

    Rip game
  • 1984rage
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I have pretty much shelfed the game since they touched the TTK settings the first time. After that change I didn't play for a week. I played on and off a while when they changed it back. I did play the campaign which I think is worth playing, if you can disconnect yourself from DICE version of racism in Tirailleur. DICE take on White men in the Under No Flag , The protagonist petty criminal who was more or less forced to fight. The EVIL ****-fanatic in The Last Tiger mission was just over the top and not believable for a german tank crew to act like that.

    The Nordlys mission was a amazing looking, and really cool seeing Norway like that. Unfortunately it also was tainted by DICE. With 2 women or rather one teenage girl that you play as. Whereas you defeated a gross number of german soldiers. Just not buying it, but it looks great.

    I wish I had more of what was in the intro misson. Where you play on Twisted Steel and there is Sherman tanks and its mayham. After that mission its downhill my friends.


    I hope it will get better because I love the series deep down.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've supported it as long as I can but it's seriously boring me now. Even if I get MVP and have a really outstanding game i'm just bored. The new weapons are always underwhelming. Bored of the maps. All the custom stuff is borin hahah. I don't think tomorrows patch will make any difference. Needs some new decent content ASAP. I might even jump over to Anthem an see how that's working out when it's released.

    Jumping over to a different EA product...I wouldn't.

    Yeah people jumping over to another EA product lol. LOL.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I'll be jumping OVER everything EA spams out, while taking a poop midair.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll be jumping OVER everything EA spams out, while taking a poop midair.

    LOL I am jumping on your boat but staying on the high-deck.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1984rage wrote: »
    I have pretty much shelfed the game since they touched the TTK settings the first time. After that change I didn't play for a week. I played on and off a while when they changed it back. I did play the campaign which I think is worth playing, if you can disconnect yourself from DICE version of racism in Tirailleur. DICE take on White men in the Under No Flag , The protagonist petty criminal who was more or less forced to fight. The EVIL ****-fanatic in The Last Tiger mission was just over the top and not believable for a german tank crew to act like that.

    The Nordlys mission was a amazing looking, and really cool seeing Norway like that. Unfortunately it also was tainted by DICE. With 2 women or rather one teenage girl that you play as. Whereas you defeated a gross number of german soldiers. Just not buying it, but it looks great.

    I wish I had more of what was in the intro misson. Where you play on Twisted Steel and there is Sherman tanks and its mayham. After that mission its downhill my friends.


    I hope it will get better because I love the series deep down.

    whats confusing is how off they were. they addressed TTK not because they saw an issue, but because they saw a mass exodus of players leaving the game and not returning. Little did they know that TTK wasnt reason why the 2nd most bought game is behind 15 others that sold less but is played more. Just look at their stocks around release month. This is big money that cares nothing about balance, and even they saw enough to warrant caution. Poor development and a horrible launch, its what they literally worked for and they got it. Congrats DICE, you nailed it.

    I hate to say it but the truth hurts here. Dice has either lost a lot of talent and/or they just don't get enough time for these games.

    I knew right when they started pushing BFV it was too soon. I distinctly remember in BF1 I was like what the hell already next year... I can't keep up. COD would literally lose me because of how often they release those games, or on the other end I just buy their games when they have gone through the ringer, like WW2, when they are cheaper. I see little point in paying full price year after year when the games are sometimes half-baked like this.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think @TEKNOCODE owns the trademark to the term but yes this thread is indeed a cesspool of cryharding.
  • suffice_ls
    492 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Dice has either lost a lot of talent and/or they just don't get enough time for these games.

    Can't remember where I read it but yeah, a fair few Dice members have left -- Including Mr Right-side-of-history
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pretty poor state of affairs when indy devs can release games of much higher quality than the “AAA” dev counterparts.
    And i use the term “AAA” in regards to this game very very loosely!
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still to this day I haven't a clue what I got for Deluxe.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I think @TEKNOCODE owns the trademark to the term but yes this thread is indeed a cesspool of cryharding.
    That will be $100. Lol.

    Still to this day I haven't a clue what I got for Deluxe.
    Deluxe was solely about early access.
  • fisknyllet17
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I think @TEKNOCODE owns the trademark to the term but yes this thread is indeed a cesspool of cryharding.
    That will be $100. Lol.

    Still to this day I haven't a clue what I got for Deluxe.
    Deluxe was solely about early access.
    I bought it for ps4. Expensive early access considering what everyone else got for their money on other platforms. Bah, I've spent money on worse things.
This discussion has been closed.