This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

• Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    munkt0r wrote: »
    BF 5 isnt even in the Top 15 played games om xbox right now lol. point proven

He's right guys, it's only top 20.

Clearly the end of teh franchise and "sinking ship".

EA/DICE should just close up shop as they clearly are going under with BF5. It's the end of the road, sky is falling.

you understand it was 2nd most purchased game on xbox and was 7th played a month ago? its funny watching people defend just basic info i post to support the census of this title. name some of those titles beating it out in the FPS genre. You do know this launch was to target the fortnite crowd that spends 25$ million on just skins monthly, hence battle royale lol. So its funny they literally failed their own goal that directed the development process. And this title is worse than Hardline, the only drawing power it has is WW2 era shooter.

Alleged WW2 shooter.
    ****'s don't even have their symbol..because some might get offended...poor things.

Well when an army kills millions in gas chambers, smash infants to death with the butts of their rifles, and have committed many other unspeakable atrocities, someone might get offended.

Would you want to play a game that bears the hate symbol of an army that tried to annihilate your whole race?

It might not mean a lot to you, but for some that symbol recounts pain, horror and the death of many close family members.

Oh dear is this the excuse we need to censor all of history? It's exactly what the ultra left wants. Censor history until it suits your agenda and you can sell it to everyone. First of all the **** were far away NOT the only people to commit atrocities. Sorry to tell you this but Japan, Britain, US, et cetera all committed unspeakable horrors in WW2.

No one has any clue to the true extent of anything in WW2. Look at Russian death numbers lol. Completely fabricated. They are around 20-30m deaths lol. No one is even close, and that certainly makes no sense at all as the Russians were feared fighters and fought decently enough.

If anything Japan was one of the worst in the war, **** and killing innocent people in Nanking and running Unit 731. We actually have full proof of that, though, again all the figures are entirely unreliable. I would never trust any historian spouting any numbers about WW2. The whole war was pure propaganda on all sides.

I highly doubt a lot of death figures all throughout history. The winners write the history and the losers are always painted as the devil. Period. Kids today are just conditioned to believe whatever they are told.

The **** were horrible of course. The Germans used chemicals in the first WW1 even. And that was a starting point to the horror. But to start erasing history is a complex subject and definitely a good debate can be had. Should we erase poison gas from BF1? Should we act like the allies never bombed Dresden?

I don't really so much care for it unless the game is some kind of super drama like The Last of Us that is trying to be accurate. Then I would want the actual symbols.

• Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    And this title is worse than Hardline, the only drawing power it has is WW2 era shooter.

And even with that it fails. There is no immersion in any way, being part of the biggest war in human history. It just feels like " Dudes A are fighting Dudes B but Dudes A have a different colour and Vehicles than Dudes B and vice versa "

Immersion is a huge issue. COD had the HQ at least and tons of little maps. The HQ was a nice place to wander around and talk or chat with people. It gives the game a bit more immersion in the WW2 aesthetic.

BFV on the other hand looks like some modern euro game. The armory and areas to see your equipment are so boring, so lame, and it just makes me not even want to level up. I hate everything about its UI, the look of it, the tone of it. None of it even remotely comes off as professional. It just looks like some kid designed a random modern UI for a modern shooter, and even then it's bad. The soldier scenes you have in the main menu are terrible. The detail is mediocre, the look is gross, and the whole thing is amateurish. I just barely every get the idea I am in a WW2 game when playing this thing.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Anthem is sure lighting the fires up lol. Looks like another unfinished game is finding its way into consumer's hands. Enough is enough at some point. EA literally does not even bother to have a semblance of finished games anymore. This is not okay really.

Nice way to foreshadow your eventual purchase.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

EA/DICE should just close up shop as they clearly are going under with BF5. It's the end of the road, sky is falling.

you understand it was 2nd most purchased game on xbox and was 7th played a month ago? its funny watching people defend just basic info i post to support the census of this title. name some of those titles beating it out in the FPS genre. You do know this launch was to target the fortnite crowd that spends 25$ million on just skins monthly, hence battle royale lol. So its funny they literally failed their own goal that directed the development process. And this title is worse than Hardline, the only drawing power it has is WW2 era shooter.

Alleged WW2 shooter.
    ****'s don't even have their symbol..because some might get offended...poor things.

Well when an army kills millions in gas chambers, smash infants to death with the butts of their rifles, and have committed many other unspeakable atrocities, someone might get offended.

Would you want to play a game that bears the hate symbol of an army that tried to annihilate your whole race?

It might not mean a lot to you, but for some that symbol recounts pain, horror and the death of many close family members.

you missed the entire point. put it this way, fortnite, pubg, and cod all offer more immersion. playlists prove this since they are ALL played more than BF5.

Lmfao.

So your logic is that fortnite, pubg, and Cod offer more immersion because they're played more? Can I have what you're smoking?
  • EA_Rtas
    528 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Alright everyone enough with the snarky comments and keep the thread on topic.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not sure if i'm "defending" the game so much as just not agreeing with the criteria you use to determine "failure".

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright everyone enough with the snarky comments and keep the thread on topic.

It would have been great if you guys would have stayed on topic and create something that even just has a small part off WW2 immersion in any way.....
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Alleged WW2 shooter.

you missed the entire point. put it this way, fortnite, pubg, and cod all offer more immersion. playlists prove this since they are ALL played more than BF5.

Lmfao.

So your logic is that fortnite, pubg, and Cod offer more immersion because they're played more? Can I have what you're smoking?

they have a base, and they retain that base. i think you are trying to redefine immersion in context of game styles. fortnite sells 25$ million in skins a month. it has, it did, and it will still populate more players than bf5. so yes, their players are immersed into their game model.

thanks for allowing me to clear that up.

You're referring to buy-in, or conversion, or adoption.

Not immersion.

From an objective standpoint of commonly used terms within the industry.

Immersion is referring to the depth in which a person is involved with the in-game story/setting. It's effectively how "separated" from the real world you become when engaging with a game.

In other words, you're misusing the word in this context - which isn't a huge deal really as I did understand what you were getting at based on different posts of yours.

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i think you are trying to redefine immersion in context of game styles.

I think you should search the definition of immersion before insisting I'm trying to redefine it.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think you may be confusing 'suspension of disbelief' with 'immersion'.

They are very similar things. But I think 'suspension of disbelief' means consciously allowing yourself to fall into what you're experiencing by ignoring the fact it obviously cannot be real.

Immersion is where your thoughts are, to a varying degree, saturated by the experience itself.

Therefore, 'suspension of disbelief' is where you have consciously lost yourself, and 'immersion' is where you're just surrounded by it.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Alleged WW2 shooter.

I bet my left ****, they'll put in both Japanese Imperial symbols aswell as CCCP ones...since they were the good guys...eh...
    Why is not the US flag removed aswell, since you know...they eradicated allmost 2 whole cities of civillians to test their new toys....and the English ones for torching whole cities populations alive?

Yeah..i bet the old CCCP states REALLY love the hammer and sickle, for example..

Hiding such symbols, just make THEM stronger.
    Staying in denial, makes YOUweaker.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179728/ea-statement-on-battlefield-franchise#latest

new thread up. looks like my assumed criteria for failure is pretty spot on.

thanks

LOL, well it didn't take a rocket genius. Many of us knew this would happen. Do you think they're gonna abandon this game?

I mean they sold it half price, and even that ot couldn't sell, and on xbox i think Mafia 2 back compatible has this game beat in the "most played" section lol. I think March may be it for this game.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179728/ea-statement-on-battlefield-franchise#latest

new thread up. looks like my assumed criteria for failure is pretty spot on.

thanks

LOL, well it didn't take a rocket genius. Many of us knew this would happen. Do you think they're gonna abandon this game?

I mean they sold it half price, and even that ot couldn't sell, and on xbox i think Mafia 2 back compatible has this game beat in the "most played" section lol. I think March may be it for this game.

it took rocket like science to convince the reason this thread is on page 18. i knew it from launch. it'll be RIP in another year.

Oh, well you're talking about the blind fandom, but i think we obviously knew better than that lol. You also know our friend Loqtrall is still going to come on here and try and convince us a mere nickel adds up to 50 cents lol.
  • Khronikos
    Sales were a touch over 7 million apparently. Which is really bad considering all the hype BF1 built for this franchise. EA of course will just be on to the next soon enough, but if this was a proper WW2 with a ton of content this would have been at 15m in no time at all. They had to murder their revenue to get to 7m.
  • kjgregoire
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Idk I’m having fun.
  • OverLord01a
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't surprised at all by this news. But the naysayers on here couldn't see the light till now.
This discussion has been closed.