This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's the X. But it's still locked at 30 fps. After testing PC fps I don't think I can ever go back to console.

Based on DF it's at 60. It doesn't stay constant but the target is 60.

==
    Wow, this video makes me a little jelly of the X, I think I might get one soon.
  • ElliotLH
    9357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the Battlefield franchise is the only reason I've been on console for the last 5 years. This game being so crappy on console made me realize I have no use for console. Sold it today. Going to get a PC. Atleast the netcode and frames will be better on PC.

I'm a bit sad about that as we never managed a game together. Ah well, bon voyage and enjoy PC man :)
  • BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I think the Battlefield franchise is the only reason I've been on console for the last 5 years. This game being so crappy on console made me realize I have no use for console. Sold it today. Going to get a PC. Atleast the netcode and frames will be better on PC.

I'm a bit sad about that as we never managed a game together. Ah well, bon voyage and enjoy PC man :)

Thanks! :) I know man. I've put in very little time into the game this year so far.
  • ElliotLH
    9357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thanks! :) I know man. I've put in very little time into the game this year so far.

It's all good man and it's the same for me right now. I probably post here more than I actually play nowadays.

To paraphrase Jurassic Park: "Life...Life gets in the way" :D
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Deluxe owners should get some currency when its released.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It's all good man and it's the same for me right now. I probably post here more than I actually play nowadays.

Haha same. I've definitely been on here more than playing the game.
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

Should use the Xim on PC and start fueding with the PC folks here. Lol

Depends on which version of an XBox you have. The game is so much better on the X over the S.

It's the X. But it's still locked at 30 fps. After testing PC fps I don't think I can ever go back to console.

It does run at 60 fps for single player but multiplayer is 30 fps unfortunately, like walking in mud.

Dude, GTFO with that.

• MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

I'll take you on, Xim or not. I'll even let @bran1986 medic for you.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

Lol.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

Depends on which version of an XBox you have. The game is so much better on the X over the S.

Just wait until you get a good pc and even further, a 144hz refresh rate monitor... you will wonder why you ever delved in the enigma known as console. ;)
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.

It's definitely better with an organized squad. There's LFG websites to help you find other team oriented players if you don't have any friends online.

I've only played 10 rounds of Apex so far, but we won 5 of those games and placed in the top 3 in 8 of them.

The game has the same problem that every other BR game I've tried has had for me. It's really repetitive and doesn't seem like something that will have much longevity for me.

I guess it'll depend on how frequently they add new heroes, weapons, and maps.

Still, I'm having more fun with it than BFV right now, but that could of course be because I just started. Like I said, I question its longevity for me.

Yeah, I had some fun with it too. I sure as heck didn't win 5/10 times lol even when I teamed up with one other person. You literally need all three people knowing what to do.

And I agree. I put some very decent hours into BFV before I realized things were starting to look like it just wasn't coming together. I mean BFV still has best in class controls. I really hate how you can barely tune anything in COD and other games like Apex. It just puts me off when I can't tune controls properly. BF is still king there.

But I too doubt just how much Apex can stick around when others start to compete. I think it has a good chance if they do things right. But again: 6-8 minutes of jumping around the same map looking for randomized gear. 1-2 firefights three at most. You see all kinds of zero kill champions. I am just not sure something like that is worth more than 20 hours for me.

My win rate has dropped a little since then.

My brother and I were playing together yesterday. We didn't have a friend available to fill the 3rd slot, so we just played with randoms.

It was a pretty terrible experience. Every random player we got over 4 games were literally the worst of the worst when it comes to skill. We would have been better off not having them at all. It really was that bad.

So after yesterday, I'm at 7 wins out of 17 games.

Ha yeah. I only played about 3 games yesterday. We did once make it to the last two groups. One of my randoms was good. The other doucher went off and died to the only two remaining dudes before we even had a chance to get set up. We were totally fine, but he basically threw the match in their favor.

Honestly, I feel the game is nearly unplayable without a full squad, or rather, you are just wasting time without two others. I have no idea how people find 8 minutes of mostly mediocre looting and then one major firefight maybe two is a game worth your time but whatever.

I do have friends that play, but right now I just want to see patches with the game. It needs to be ironed out and dear god I hope the TTK is at least looked at with netcode. It seems all over the place with certain weapons.

Weapon balance is trash imo.

Not a BR fan but all I've been playing is Apex the past few weeks. IT's everything i wanted BF to be. Well thought out, well executed, and fun to play.

If you join solo you get matched up with other solos so the bad squadmate thing isn't as bad as it seems. Others have the same luck or lack of luck in getting squadmates. Often I find you can do better joining solos because of this.

You don't have to spend 8 minutes looting. You control how much time you spend on looting. You can choose to literally fight in the first seconds by landing in hotspots. You can choose to land close to hotspots and loot for 1 minute and then go join the fight at the hotspot. Or you can loot for 8+ minutes and then go find someone.

I'm finding the sweetspot for me to be loot a bit and then get into action. I don't like looting for a long time every round only to die quick.

Really well done game.

It is a surprisingly good game (except when you get screwed with randoms). I haven't cared for any other BR game, but Apex keeps me coming back to it so far. I never thought I'd even be into a BR game before my friends finally convinced me to download and play it.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Haha same. I've definitely been on here more than playing the game.

Forumfield is more fun than BF5, how the mighty have fallen...
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.

It's definitely better with an organized squad. There's LFG websites to help you find other team oriented players if you don't have any friends online.

I've only played 10 rounds of Apex so far, but we won 5 of those games and placed in the top 3 in 8 of them.

The game has the same problem that every other BR game I've tried has had for me. It's really repetitive and doesn't seem like something that will have much longevity for me.

Still, I'm having more fun with it than BFV right now, but that could of course be because I just started. Like I said, I question its longevity for me.

Yeah, I had some fun with it too. I sure as heck didn't win 5/10 times lol even when I teamed up with one other person. You literally need all three people knowing what to do.

And I agree. I put some very decent hours into BFV before I realized things were starting to look like it just wasn't coming together. I mean BFV still has best in class controls. I really hate how you can barely tune anything in COD and other games like Apex. It just puts me off when I can't tune controls properly. BF is still king there.

But I too doubt just how much Apex can stick around when others start to compete. I think it has a good chance if they do things right. But again: 6-8 minutes of jumping around the same map looking for randomized gear. 1-2 firefights three at most. You see all kinds of zero kill champions. I am just not sure something like that is worth more than 20 hours for me.

My brother and I were playing together yesterday. We didn't have a friend available to fill the 3rd slot, so we just played with randoms.

It was a pretty terrible experience. Every random player we got over 4 games were literally the worst of the worst when it comes to skill. We would have been better off not having them at all. It really was that bad.

Ha yeah. I only played about 3 games yesterday. We did once make it to the last two groups. One of my randoms was good. The other doucher went off and died to the only two remaining dudes before we even had a chance to get set up. We were totally fine, but he basically threw the match in their favor.

Honestly, I feel the game is nearly unplayable without a full squad, or rather, you are just wasting time without two others. I have no idea how people find 8 minutes of mostly mediocre looting and then one major firefight maybe two is a game worth your time but whatever.

I do have friends that play, but right now I just want to see patches with the game. It needs to be ironed out and dear god I hope the TTK is at least looked at with netcode. It seems all over the place with certain weapons.

Not a BR fan but all I've been playing is Apex the past few weeks. IT's everything i wanted BF to be. Well thought out, well executed, and fun to play.

If you join solo you get matched up with other solos so the bad squadmate thing isn't as bad as it seems. Others have the same luck or lack of luck in getting squadmates. Often I find you can do better joining solos because of this.

You don't have to spend 8 minutes looting. You control how much time you spend on looting. You can choose to literally fight in the first seconds by landing in hotspots. You can choose to land close to hotspots and loot for 1 minute and then go join the fight at the hotspot. Or you can loot for 8+ minutes and then go find someone.

I'm finding the sweetspot for me to be loot a bit and then get into action. I don't like looting for a long time every round only to die quick.

Really well done game.

It's an okay game as is with a ton of flaws. It's not something I really enjoy THAT much. Getting into games is pretty easy. I would say random squads just doesn't really cut it. Weapon balance is poor, hero balance is poor. TTK is still too high for my tastes, there are bugs, controls can be wonky.

For a start I don't mind the game. But I am also not buying the hype either.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

Really well done game.

It's an okay game as is with a ton of flaws. It's not something I really enjoy THAT much. Getting into games is pretty easy. I would say random squads just doesn't really cut it. Weapon balance is poor, hero balance is poor. TTK is still too high for my tastes, there are bugs, controls can be wonky.

The high TTK fosters the skills of going for precision headshots and movement. A Hemlock burst will take you out in 3 very quick bursts to the head. The Longbow can take you out in two hits to the head at long ranges. The Wingman revolver can take out players who have blue or lower armor with two headshots. The R-99 SMG has a fast TTK in close quarters with some headshots chained in. Two of the shotguns can 2 hit kill in close quarters. The Kraber 50 cal can OHK to the head.

Body shot TTK is very long in the game. That's why the best players will go for headshots or stick together to concentrate fire on a target.

I think the TTK in Apex is perfectly fine for the type of game it is and is seemingly trying to be.

Now, since this is a BF forum, as for BFV, I personally think the TTK is too fast in BFV. I liked when they decided to increase the TTK a while back. I just wish they had spent more time on it before making the change instead of just doing wide sweeping BTK change to almost every weapon. It was poorly balanced and unfortunately not given much of a chance.
  • Ashanz1992
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Problem solved, stop buying overpriced and terrible editions past standard.
    Yup still have not received some of my stuff and ive played since the beginning

• Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Really well done game.

The high TTK fosters the skills of going for precision headshots and movement. A Hemlock burst will take you out in 3 very quick bursts to the head. The Longbow can take you out in two hits to the head at long ranges. The Wingman revolver can take out players who have blue or lower armor with two headshots. The R-99 SMG has a fast TTK in close quarters with some headshots chained in. Two of the shotguns can 2 hit kill in close quarters. The Kraber 50 cal can OHK to the head.

Body shot TTK is very long in the game. That's why the best players will go for headshots or stick together to concentrate fire on a target.

I think the TTK in Apex is perfectly fine for the type of game it is and is seemingly trying to be.

Now, since this is a BF forum, as for BFV, I personally think the TTK is too fast in BFV. I liked when they decided to increase the TTK a while back. I just wish they had spent more time on it before making the change instead of just doing wide sweeping BTK change to almost every weapon. It was poorly balanced and unfortunately not given much of a chance.

Yeah well on console at least BFV runs better than Apex does on my Pro. Apex to me is just IDK man. I don't mind it. It can be fun. It's just really not my type of shooter unless I have three others playing with me, and even then I really just don't enjoy randomized loot all that much. There are too many samey moments in Apex where I am just doing the same looting procedures over and over without any action or care really.

It is cool diving down and fighting it out in a huge sandbox. I think the game has a decent amount of potential. Weapon balance is awful though, and that cannot really be defended at this point.

Too many encounters to me come down to guy has better weapon attachment or armor and wins. Nevermind all the issues with randos in the game.

As for headshots IDK. I feel the game has some weird hitboxes atm, and beyond that the sloppy as hell framerate mixed with other things makes it a jittery, weird shooter to me on PS4. It just doesn't seem smooth to me atm.

But a lot of the issues are honestly just down to RNG. Not my type of thing really, but I will pay attention to future patches in both V and Apex to see what they bring.

I'm a little not sure about what BR will do for V. It doesn't seem like a game that really needs it but you never know maybe it will be fun. I just think these modes tend to be dominated by premades, and when not in a premade it just turns into a crapshoot. Crapshoot means to me wasting a lot of your time. Time I just don't have.

• disposalist
    8925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2019
    Yay! If you can afford it, do get a 144Hz monitor and a GPU that can get up to around 90 fps. The difference between 60 and 90-100 is amazing.

Friend me once you're on BF1 on PC!
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

It does run at 60 fps for single player but multiplayer is 30 fps unfortunately, like walking in mud.

not true. It runs at 60, doesn't stay at sixty. You might be meaning the tickrate. The tickrate on console is 30hz while on pc its 60hz. Why aren't you on pc anyway? I figured you'd be if you're trying to use a xim on console.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

give me the sloppy seconds :smile:
  • trip1ex
    5213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Really well done game.

It doesn't have a ton of flaws. IT doesn't mean it's for everyone but it's a well done game and very polished.
This discussion has been closed.