This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.

It's definitely better with an organized squad. There's LFG websites to help you find other team oriented players if you don't have any friends online.

I've only played 10 rounds of Apex so far, but we won 5 of those games and placed in the top 3 in 8 of them.

The game has the same problem that every other BR game I've tried has had for me. It's really repetitive and doesn't seem like something that will have much longevity for me.

I guess it'll depend on how frequently they add new heroes, weapons, and maps.

Still, I'm having more fun with it than BFV right now, but that could of course be because I just started. Like I said, I question its longevity for me.

Yeah, I had some fun with it too. I sure as heck didn't win 5/10 times lol even when I teamed up with one other person. You literally need all three people knowing what to do.

And I agree. I put some very decent hours into BFV before I realized things were starting to look like it just wasn't coming together. I mean BFV still has best in class controls. I really hate how you can barely tune anything in COD and other games like Apex. It just puts me off when I can't tune controls properly. BF is still king there.

But I too doubt just how much Apex can stick around when others start to compete. I think it has a good chance if they do things right. But again: 6-8 minutes of jumping around the same map looking for randomized gear. 1-2 firefights three at most. You see all kinds of zero kill champions. I am just not sure something like that is worth more than 20 hours for me.

My win rate has dropped a little since then.

My brother and I were playing together yesterday. We didn't have a friend available to fill the 3rd slot, so we just played with randoms.

It was a pretty terrible experience. Every random player we got over 4 games were literally the worst of the worst when it comes to skill. We would have been better off not having them at all. It really was that bad.

So after yesterday, I'm at 7 wins out of 17 games.

Ha yeah. I only played about 3 games yesterday. We did once make it to the last two groups. One of my randoms was good. The other doucher went off and died to the only two remaining dudes before we even had a chance to get set up. We were totally fine, but he basically threw the match in their favor.

Honestly, I feel the game is nearly unplayable without a full squad, or rather, you are just wasting time without two others. I have no idea how people find 8 minutes of mostly mediocre looting and then one major firefight maybe two is a game worth your time but whatever.

I do have friends that play, but right now I just want to see patches with the game. It needs to be ironed out and dear god I hope the TTK is at least looked at with netcode. It seems all over the place with certain weapons.

Weapon balance is trash imo.

Not a BR fan but all I've been playing is Apex the past few weeks. IT's everything i wanted BF to be. Well thought out, well executed, and fun to play.

If you join solo you get matched up with other solos so the bad squadmate thing isn't as bad as it seems. Others have the same luck or lack of luck in getting squadmates. Often I find you can do better joining solos because of this.

You don't have to spend 8 minutes looting. You control how much time you spend on looting. You can choose to literally fight in the first seconds by landing in hotspots. You can choose to land close to hotspots and loot for 1 minute and then go join the fight at the hotspot. Or you can loot for 8+ minutes and then go find someone.

I'm finding the sweetspot for me to be loot a bit and then get into action. I don't like looting for a long time every round only to die quick.

Really well done game.

It's an okay game as is with a ton of flaws. It's not something I really enjoy THAT much. Getting into games is pretty easy. I would say random squads just doesn't really cut it. Weapon balance is poor, hero balance is poor. TTK is still too high for my tastes, there are bugs, controls can be wonky.

For a start I don't mind the game. But I am also not buying the hype either.

It doesn't have a ton of flaws. IT doesn't mean it's for everyone but it's a well done game and very polished.

The hitboxes in Apex is just one of many flaws. No game is flawless
  • trip1ex
    5045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.

It's definitely better with an organized squad. There's LFG websites to help you find other team oriented players if you don't have any friends online.

I've only played 10 rounds of Apex so far, but we won 5 of those games and placed in the top 3 in 8 of them.

The game has the same problem that every other BR game I've tried has had for me. It's really repetitive and doesn't seem like something that will have much longevity for me.

Still, I'm having more fun with it than BFV right now, but that could of course be because I just started. Like I said, I question its longevity for me.

Yeah, I had some fun with it too. I sure as heck didn't win 5/10 times lol even when I teamed up with one other person. You literally need all three people knowing what to do.

And I agree. I put some very decent hours into BFV before I realized things were starting to look like it just wasn't coming together. I mean BFV still has best in class controls. I really hate how you can barely tune anything in COD and other games like Apex. It just puts me off when I can't tune controls properly. BF is still king there.

But I too doubt just how much Apex can stick around when others start to compete. I think it has a good chance if they do things right. But again: 6-8 minutes of jumping around the same map looking for randomized gear. 1-2 firefights three at most. You see all kinds of zero kill champions. I am just not sure something like that is worth more than 20 hours for me.

My brother and I were playing together yesterday. We didn't have a friend available to fill the 3rd slot, so we just played with randoms.

It was a pretty terrible experience. Every random player we got over 4 games were literally the worst of the worst when it comes to skill. We would have been better off not having them at all. It really was that bad.

Ha yeah. I only played about 3 games yesterday. We did once make it to the last two groups. One of my randoms was good. The other doucher went off and died to the only two remaining dudes before we even had a chance to get set up. We were totally fine, but he basically threw the match in their favor.

Honestly, I feel the game is nearly unplayable without a full squad, or rather, you are just wasting time without two others. I have no idea how people find 8 minutes of mostly mediocre looting and then one major firefight maybe two is a game worth your time but whatever.

I do have friends that play, but right now I just want to see patches with the game. It needs to be ironed out and dear god I hope the TTK is at least looked at with netcode. It seems all over the place with certain weapons.

Not a BR fan but all I've been playing is Apex the past few weeks. IT's everything i wanted BF to be. Well thought out, well executed, and fun to play.

If you join solo you get matched up with other solos so the bad squadmate thing isn't as bad as it seems. Others have the same luck or lack of luck in getting squadmates. Often I find you can do better joining solos because of this.

You don't have to spend 8 minutes looting. You control how much time you spend on looting. You can choose to literally fight in the first seconds by landing in hotspots. You can choose to land close to hotspots and loot for 1 minute and then go join the fight at the hotspot. Or you can loot for 8+ minutes and then go find someone.

I'm finding the sweetspot for me to be loot a bit and then get into action. I don't like looting for a long time every round only to die quick.

Really well done game.

It's an okay game as is with a ton of flaws. It's not something I really enjoy THAT much. Getting into games is pretty easy. I would say random squads just doesn't really cut it. Weapon balance is poor, hero balance is poor. TTK is still too high for my tastes, there are bugs, controls can be wonky.

It doesn't have a ton of flaws. IT doesn't mean it's for everyone but it's a well done game and very polished.

Strawman argument. No one said it was flawless.

I said it was well made and polished. Hitboxes work good overall.

• trip1ex
    5045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Pelliy

That's a strawman argument. Nobody said it was flawless.

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Really well done game.

Strawman argument. No one said it was flawless.

Fair point. Statement retracted.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Pelliy

That's a strawman argument. Nobody said it was flawless.

Well made like any other random shooter with a good core. It doesn't blow me away in any single facet of game design and sure as heck not shooting lol. It's a Fortnite derivation that is decently fun to play. I don't know what you want from me. They have a lot of work to do on consoles. I generally don't consider games that run at 30-60FPS to be polished.
  • opsis_1
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not one ship to sink yet?
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    opsis_1 wrote: »
    Not one ship to sink yet?

BFV is for all intents and purposes dying a slow to medium rate death.

They have some stuff coming up in March here that I think people are waiting for, but I don't think this game is doing that well overall as far as players sticking with it.

I was literally addicted to BF1. My favorite shooter in years. And to quit the next iteration this fast is pretty telling.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody cares about what’s coming out in March. The game is still broken on many fronts and instead of fixing, they released a co-op mode. Co-op mode???!!! Who’s in charge????
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody cares about what’s coming out in March. The game is still broken on many fronts and instead of fixing, they released a co-op mode. Co-op mode???!!! Who’s in charge????

Well coop would have been good if it hasn't been done in such a cheap and brainless way. I bet a couple guys at Dice made it during their spare time.
  • disposalist
    8729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well coop would have been good if it hasn't been done in such a cheap and brainless way. I bet a couple guys at Dice made it during their spare time.
    Was it BF3 where there was a coop campaign? LOVED doing that so much I repeated it with several friends. Remembering one section where your buddy runs down one side of a city canal and you are on the other providing cover fire? Awesome.
  • KPNuts74
    642 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Deluxe edition was just for 5 day early access as far as I am concerned (and I was happy with that!)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Was it BF3 where there was a coop campaign? LOVED doing that so much I repeated it with several friends. Remembering one section where your buddy runs down one side of a city canal and you are on the other providing cover fire? Awesome.

bf3 had a proper co-op missions. In bfv those were done just because Dice promised them but the same time quality wasn't promised so it ended up being a very poor experience.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loved those missions.
  • warslag
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Loved those missions.

They were great. The one in the street that was like that scene from "Heat" with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. Plus added puzzle where you had to work out why you kept getting disconnected. It was UPnP in the end. Disable for co-op but enable for multiplayer.
  • Redstripe101
    2748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetIaM wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Anthem is sure lighting the fires up lol. Looks like another unfinished game is finding its way into consumer's hands. Enough is enough at some point. EA literally does not even bother to have a semblance of finished games anymore. This is not okay really.

Nice way to foreshadow your eventual purchase.

Sorry to tell you this but I have absolutely 0 time for another EA game. This game will most likely not be purchased at all until it is free on PS Plus. I have way too much going on. Plus I already have three EA games. I literally have no interest in Anthem whatsoever but thanks.

See you when Anthem comes out.

How's Anthem going bud?

Also, are you guys still defending BFV and hoping it will some day be home to miraculous amounts of content? Cuz EA is awesome and stuff!

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed 🤷‍♂️
    You don’t have much of an argument against EA when it comes to Apex, do ya?

Btw, BFV is still the best FPS on the market. You know...opinions and all

Although apex plays well it doesn't have much content does it bud?

No it doesn’t, but then again, it was free. My comment was directed at all the folks on this forum that seem to believe that EA was going to go out of business because of bfv.

I think the EA hate train is funny. It’s like some sort of bad experiment in group think.

who thought they would? i think its funny when most complaints could be supported by the games overall weak performance at beta, launch, and 6 months in with retaining players, much less increasing them like every other fps in the market is doing. 😎
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Mmm. I preordered deluxe at a discount for the early access.

I paid $48 for delivery last night, which we finished in seven minutes.

I paid another $20 for a movie that was over in two hours and and sixteen minutes.

Edit: The delivery and movie cost less than deluxe and were completed in two hours and twenty three minutes.

I'm sure you didn't mean it but your comment could seem a bit insensitive to anyone who struggles with the day-today bills.

For a lot of people Battlefield is an escape from the daily drudgery.

To just wave a wad of cash in their faces and say it's nothing to you to spend seventy dollars on two hours worth of entertainment seems a little bit disrespectful.

Bear in mind that Battlefield is designed to offer value over a lengthy period of playing time and it's inherent value or worth is intrinsically linked to that.

Yet these people who struggle to pay their bills found money to buy a console and pay subs fees.

If they struggle to pay bills, why are they playing video games?

Same reason as everyone else who plays video games.

But if they know it is a struggle but still do it, why should anyone 'feel bad' for being able to afford it without such struggle?

Now if it was actually to their face and in person perhaps but here?

Naaahhhh.

You think people should stop playing video games because they are poor or struggle to pay the bills?

Is it a good idea to play videogames if you are poor, and struggle to pay the bills?
    Or is it a good idea to get a job so you get out of poverty, pay the bills...THEN play videogames?

I know wich one is right.

So poors aren't allowed any down time? What do you work for H&K or something?
  • Pelliy

I paid another $20 for a movie that was over in two hours and and sixteen minutes.

Edit: The delivery and movie cost less than deluxe and were completed in two hours and twenty three minutes.

I'm sure you didn't mean it but your comment could seem a bit insensitive to anyone who struggles with the day-today bills.

To just wave a wad of cash in their faces and say it's nothing to you to spend seventy dollars on two hours worth of entertainment seems a little bit disrespectful.

Bear in mind that Battlefield is designed to offer value over a lengthy period of playing time and it's inherent value or worth is intrinsically linked to that.

Yet these people who struggle to pay their bills found money to buy a console and pay subs fees.

You do realize that video subscriptions are yearly? Also there's a second hand market? Do you really think they're buying the latest and greatest?

Frankly I'd be more concerned if a poor person bought a PC with all the latest bells and whistles than a $200 console.

The$200 enjoyment isn't going to make or break their economic situation but spending$2k-3k likely would.
  • disposalist
    8729 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Kayback wrote: »

But if they know it is a struggle but still do it, why should anyone 'feel bad' for being able to afford it without such struggle?

Naaahhhh.
    You think people should stop playing video games because they are poor or struggle to pay the bills?
    Is it a good idea to play videogames if you are poor, and struggle to pay the bills?
    Or is it a good idea to get a job so you get out of poverty, pay the bills...THEN play videogames?

So poors aren't allowed any down time? What do you work for H&K or something?
    Yeah! Video games and cable TV is a human right!

Why would you chose to buy more healthy food and heat your house when you can get the latest games and TV streams. And training shoes. Those things are basic necessities!
  • Pelliy
    edited March 2019

Naaahhhh.

Why are you assuming they're not working? They might have worked hella hours just to be able to even afford the console.

• KPNuts74
    642 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Naaahhhh.

Why are you assuming they're not working? They might have worked hella hours just to be able to even afford the console.

If someone has to work many hours to buy a console maybe they should be spending the money on more important things.
This discussion has been closed.