Out of Bounds Hopping.

DETROIT7414
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I have noticed that the last few rounds of Areodrome and Arras that the enemy team can sit out of bounds on everywhere on the map (including our spawn) and camp without consequences. Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• lolingbuffalo
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you on PC?
  • LeesSummit09
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Happens on several maps playing breakthrough. Tanks sitting out of bounds, near flag, and you can't flank to blow them up.
  • DETROIT7414
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you on PC?

No ps4
  • DETROIT7414
    Happens on several maps playing breakthrough. Tanks sitting out of bounds, near flag, and you can't flank to blow them up.

Yep had an AA sit out of bounds and camp in a Hamada front lines it took 15 attempts to kill him
  • F3AR_Combat
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. there is a glitch to get into the walls and plant a beacon inside the Areodrome building. YouTube Areodrome wall glitch
  • Loqtrall
    12074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got scared when I read the title and thought you were gonna expose my "running from obj to obj via out of bounds mountain tops on Fjell" tactics.

I mean-- out of bounds??? Whaaaaa?
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yep had an AA sit out of bounds and camp in a Hamada front lines it took 15 attempts to kill him

you should stop at 2 next time
  • eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Mentioned this in the beta, specifically on Arras, where the red zones make up about 40% of the map. Enemy AA can camp it and shut down the entire map. Was laughed at by a bunch of know-nothings.
  • DETROIT7414

you should stop at 2 next time

I would've but since it was the last two bombs and up until that point it was a solid match I wanted to finish it lol.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have noticed that the last few rounds of Areodrome and Arras that the enemy team can sit out of bounds on everywhere on the map (including our spawn) and camp without consequences. Has anyone else seen this?

Out of bounds for your team and out of bounds for the other team are different. Just because you can't reach an enemy tank or sniper because they're in the "red zone" for you doesn't mean they're out of bounds for them. This is bad game design on the part of DICE because it encourages camping and shooting from the spawn. Obviously they did it to help prevent teams from being spawn-trapped, but it's poorly implemented and has been for as long as DICE has made BF games.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously they did it to help prevent teams from being spawn-trapped,

But what was so wrong about spawn-trapping an enemy, or being spawn-trapped?
    Back in the day, you could always escape a spawn trap... at least I typically could... I might get killed 3 times trying, but eventually I would get out and have the whole map to myself... next thing you know, people are spawning on you and you back-cap the crap out of them.
    It was like a trophy (spawn trapping your opponent) for dominating the game that much.
    Putting AT mines in front of enemy vehicles at their spawn was a fun legit tactic... you counter this by learning to back up every time you get in a vehicle, if you didn't, well you get what you get.
  • Loqtrall
    12074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Obviously they did it to help prevent teams from being spawn-trapped,

But what was so wrong about spawn-trapping an enemy, or being spawn-trapped?
    Back in the day, you could always escape a spawn trap... at least I typically could... I might get killed 3 times trying, but eventually I would get out and have the whole map to myself... next thing you know, people are spawning on you and you back-cap the crap out of them.
    It was like a trophy (spawn trapping your opponent) for dominating the game that much.
    Putting AT mines in front of enemy vehicles at their spawn was a fun legit tactic... you counter this by learning to back up every time you get in a vehicle, if you didn't, well you get what you get.

You can still spawn trap just like every other BF game. This is like the billionth BF title with this mechanic, that's why this zone in question where you can't wander but enemies can camp in is commonly referred to as the "enemy uncap", because it's a zone the enemy can spawn in and that you can't capture.

I don't see why this being in BF5 is surprising, it's been a part of BF for like a decade now. Spawn trapping is no different, uncaps are no different.
  • DETROIT7414

Out of bounds for your team and out of bounds for the other team are different. Just because you can't reach an enemy tank or sniper because they're in the "red zone" for you doesn't mean they're out of bounds for them. This is bad game design on the part of DICE because it encourages camping and shooting from the spawn. Obviously they did it to help prevent teams from being spawn-trapped, but it's poorly implemented and has been for as long as DICE has made BF games.

That's fine but when they are doing it out of their spawn and around the map its a problem is what I'm saying. Yea its trash for them to hide in their spawn but when it literally affects the match (not being able to arm obj due to AA with a clean LoS and being OoB) is frustrating AF. I'm also not talking about being spawn camped because I've only been apart of one in bfv but when you play front lines and the last obj is in their spawn, you shouldn't have a turkey shoot while being invulnerable because we can't assault your vehicles hiding out of bounds.