Vehicle Bugs Master List (Collaborative Effort)

Comments

• someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks have major latency for turning and aiming while not in zoomed firing modes. While zoomed in latency is non-existent.
  • Feney_exe
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First person aiming has an insane amount of input lag that magically disappears when you use the scope. Here’s a video I found on YouTube showing the bug:

It’s even more obvious when you play the video at 0.25 speed.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The input lag may disappear visually, but it does not disappear for your MG/ cannon... This is the worst part... Try it for yourself, fire your machine gun then rotate the hull! The amount of times I miss case rounds because of it is crazy.
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blenheim STILL does not resupply main cannon ammo.
    New glitch on PS4 where the touchpad will stop working while in a vehicle preventing you from changing the size of the mini-map. Glitch goes away when you respawn but can still reoccur on next spawn.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also not a bug, but something that's been in game since BF4. Other tanks shoot at me, I see shell fly by, than it hits me.
  • StealthAria
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    Feney_exe wrote: »
    First person aiming has an insane amount of input lag that magically disappears when you use the scope. Here’s a video I found on YouTube showing the bug:

Not a gitch, the turret keeps turning to show the momentum of their massive gun being swung around. You can even see it in 3rd if you pay attention, the cannon swings slightly past and then back on target. It disappears when zoomed because the turret is being turned much more slowly and deliberately.
    If you notice, there's no delay to start rotation, and if (s)he had bothered to demonstrate it you would find that the stopping delay gets shorter the slower you rotate the turret.

Of all the glitches I've seen here, the only one I'm familiar with is the 1st person reticle taking a moment to render, it isn't really a glitch though, but it's still an unintended problem. It's a frequent occurrence, happening whenever you leave 1st person for more than a few seconds.
  • Feney_exe
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not a gitch, the turret keeps turning to show the momentum of their massive gun being swung around. You can even see it in 3rd if you pay attention, the cannon swings slightly past and then back on target. It disappears when zoomed because the turret is being turned much more slowly and deliberately.
    If you notice, there's no delay to start rotation, and if (s)he had bothered to demonstrate it you would find that the stopping delay gets shorter the slower you rotate the turret.

Of all the glitches I've seen here, the only one I'm familiar with is the 1st person reticle taking a moment to render, it isn't really a glitch though, but it's still an unintended problem. It's a frequent occurrence, happening whenever you leave 1st person for more than a few seconds.

This is a terrible choice for tanks as it renders them useless in close quarters as you are always forced to use the sight to be accurate therefore sacrificing you're field of view. No wonder tanks just camp and never play the objective, if this doesn't get fixed i will never bother to use tanks
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks everyone, I'll update the list tonight.
  • someguy12121

This is a terrible choice for tanks as it renders them useless in close quarters as you are always forced to use the sight to be accurate therefore sacrificing you're field of view. No wonder tanks just camp and never play the objective, if this doesn't get fixed i will never bother to use tanks

Its so frustrating to have the turret swing back and forth as you try and fight it to shoot just one person. The light tanks show this the worst. I understand about the turret moving but why would that momentum not carry while zoomed in? I bring it up because again the tanks have two turning settings based purely on if you are zoomed in or not. How does that make sense. If the behavior was uniform across all zooms and views then at least itd be an easier fix, but because they are not uniform it means that there is a deeper issue and more complex. Ive also noticed that since the last patch the Staghound stutters now when moving the turret while in non-zoomed in first person mode. It jerks to the side you are turning before moving smoothly and then sliding past where you want it to stop.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are the flares good now?

I have this in the bug list: Spotting Flare Launcher on tanks shoot the flare about 3 meters in front of them onto the ground instead of up in the air at an angle. This renders them virtually useless except in a few niche situations

And then in patch notes there is this: Improved the behavior of the flares on the Panzer 38t

Should I leave this up or take down and mark as complete?
  • DukeSan27
    1152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 31
    This is fixed:
    -- On PC, when you set your analogue controls to the vehicle controls, forward,backwards, right, left. They randomly in game lock to the rear of the tank when you zoom and stay that way until your tanks destroyed.
    @MBT_Layzan

Not on your list but also fixed:
    -- I have a nice little bug or perhaps a design flaw but anyone driving a light tank will know how when you stop your forward momentum and hold back to reverse you end up continuing forward and turning goes all opposite to what you intend. Only way to stop this is by then going forward and preventing the tank from spinning around. This has cost me countless engagements and has even made me crash into objects. It's like the tank just goes rogue.
  • DukeSan27
    1152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    This is fixed:
    -- On PC, when you set your analogue controls to the vehicle controls, forward,backwards, right, left. They randomly in game lock to the rear of the tank when you zoom and stay that way until your tanks destroyed.
    @MBT_Layzan

-- I have a nice little bug or perhaps a design flaw but anyone driving a light tank will know how when you stop your forward momentum and hold back to reverse you end up continuing forward and turning goes all opposite to what you intend. Only way to stop this is by then going forward and preventing the tank from spinning around. This has cost me countless engagements and has even made me crash into objects. It's like the tank just goes rogue.

The second one is still present. Though appears to happen lesser than before.

• MBT_Layzan
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is fixed:
    @MBT_Layzan

Sorry mate I'm a bit confused. Are we able to set the controls with analogue, forward,backwards etc now, rather than use something like joytokey?
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here is the answer to all our issues with vehicles!
    This game was rushed out in early Access. Come back in 2 years. :D
  • DukeSan27
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    This is fixed:
    @MBT_Layzan

Sorry mate I'm a bit confused. Are we able to set the controls with analogue, forward,backwards etc now, rather than use something like joytokey?

Yes, analogue joystick for movement with mouse for aiming no longer cause the turret to snap to rear. No joy2key required.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    This is fixed:
    @MBT_Layzan

Yes, analogue joystick for movement with mouse for aiming no longer cause the turret to snap to rear. No joy2key required.

Awesome!
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I figured out why the case rounds feel bugged and we keep clipping players with only 1 pellet for 50 damage. It's the same for shotguns...

Here's DRUNKKZ3 confirming the bug for console:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/an5b06/shotguns_nerfed_i_play_on_ps4_and_really_like_to/efuzpsc

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/amwrug/why_your_shotgun_isnt_working_a_shotgun_study/

• Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The other team often destroys my Tiger, must be a bug.
  • WinterWarhurst
    Caramac_D wrote: »
    The other team often destroys my Tiger, must be a bug.

Are you noticing them disabling your tracks? Frontally a direct hit to the tracks deals a max side damage multiplier, the Tiger has a huge frontal track surface area, and is a very easy target, this often leads to an increased TTK vs the Tiger than anticipated.

When I 1 v 1 Tigers I ALWAYS win because I make sure every single hit is on their tracks.

Also note that the Tiger's HEAT round has the highest damage output of any AT round in game, hit their weak spot with that and it's over.
  • rainkloud
    I think I figured out why the case rounds feel bugged and we keep clipping players with only 1 pellet for 50 damage. It's the same for shotguns...

Here's DRUNKKZ3 confirming the bug for console:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/an5b06/shotguns_nerfed_i_play_on_ps4_and_really_like_to/efuzpsc

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/amwrug/why_your_shotgun_isnt_working_a_shotgun_study/

DRUNKKZ3 usually knows his stuff and I know you have a lot of experience but I'm still somewhat skeptical as all the evidence I've seen is suspect and it's odd to see a bug like this isolated to one system. Stranger things have happened though. Do you have any clips of funky case round shots?