Vehicle Bugs Master List (Collaborative Effort)

Comments

• WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »
    I think I figured out why the case rounds feel bugged and we keep clipping players with only 1 pellet for 50 damage. It's the same for shotguns...

Here's DRUNKKZ3 confirming the bug for console:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/an5b06/shotguns_nerfed_i_play_on_ps4_and_really_like_to/efuzpsc

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/amwrug/why_your_shotgun_isnt_working_a_shotgun_study/

DRUNKKZ3 usually knows his stuff and I know you have a lot of experience but I'm still somewhat skeptical as all the evidence I've seen is suspect and it's odd to see a bug like this isolated to one system. Stranger things have happened though. Do you have any clips of funky case round shots?

I don’t have any clips but I have thousands of kills will them and I (and top competitive tankers I spoke to who rely on them) all noticed marked differences, similar to the complaints by shotgun users post-patch. There are plenty of threads on Reddit and the forums about shotguns post patch. I am not sure if anyone has figured out what changed precisely in the patch yet.

Also I presumed the shotgun changes affected all users, but I’ll take it on Drunkz’ authority that it’s consoles? IDK.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I figured out why the case rounds feel bugged and we keep clipping players with only 1 pellet for 50 damage. It's the same for shotguns...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/an5b06/shotguns_nerfed_i_play_on_ps4_and_really_like_to/efuzpsc

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/amwrug/why_your_shotgun_isnt_working_a_shotgun_study/

DRUNKKZ3 usually knows his stuff and I know you have a lot of experience but I'm still somewhat skeptical as all the evidence I've seen is suspect and it's odd to see a bug like this isolated to one system. Stranger things have happened though. Do you have any clips of funky case round shots?

I don’t have any clips but I have thousands of kills will them and I (and top competitive tankers I spoke to who rely on them) all noticed marked differences, similar to the complaints by shotgun users post-patch. There are plenty of threads on Reddit and the forums about shotguns post patch. I am not sure if anyone has figured out what changed precisely in the patch yet.

Also I presumed the shotgun changes affected all users, but I’ll take it on Drunkz’ authority that it’s consoles? IDK.

Okay well if you see any videos or get one yourself let me know. I'd like to see with my own eyes (not that I don't believe you)
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Okay well if you see any videos or get one yourself let me know. I'd like to see with my own eyes (not that I don't believe you)

I’m not so sure I can make a decent video, but it really mimics what we’re seeing with the shotguns where there’s a lot of low damage hits whereas before it would be OHK, etc. It’s hard to do the same videos for the case rounds because 50 is the min damage. If that makes sense? All I can really say is that I’m getting a lot of 50 hp hits, far more frequently than before, and I’m getting 50hp hits where before I would have easily gotten a OHK.
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D wrote: »
    The other team often destroys my Tiger, must be a bug.

Are you noticing them disabling your tracks? Frontally a direct hit to the tracks deals a max side damage multiplier, the Tiger has a huge frontal track surface area, and is a very easy target, this often leads to an increased TTK vs the Tiger than anticipated.

When I 1 v 1 Tigers I ALWAYS win because I make sure every single hit is on their tracks.

Also note that the Tiger's HEAT round has the highest damage output of any AT round in game, hit their weak spot with that and it's over.

I'm noticing AT weapons being op generally :p Its usually my own fault for not hanging back with the Tiger though.

HEAT rounds and aim for the tracks.. I shall try this!
  • fragnstein
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In a tank I get a bug a lot when switching from 3p to 1p and immediately try to zoom in 1p my screen goes black. Unzooming fixes the problem
  • Nummydoughnuts
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Okay this isn't so much of a bug, but something that I've noticed on Arras as the Defenders (Ye old British)

There are no Resupply stations at the last sector for the Allies within their play zone, especially when that's the only part of the map where they receive a tank. The particular round where this became a problem was with the enemy team possessing 3 Sturmtigers, and returning with one as soon as one was destroyed. We held them off and still won (Somehow) but that last objective was quite literally nothing but rubble with an empty Churchill set off to the side like an empty bottle since there is no resupply depot to drive to.

Sure I get it's supposed to be the last sector and it's supposed to be harrowing and challenging, but why is there no resupply depot for the Allies at all? There isn't even one over in their spawn where it would take some time for the tank to drive all the way over there, and then drive back to the point to defend. I've actually seen this go exceptionally worse where someone would actually try to take the tank all the way over to the resupply zones out of the sector to resupply ammo only to die since it's so far away, or get their tank stolen.

I'm not really complaining, I just think it's really weird. I also don't think it's the only map with something like this along with the resupply stations for vehicles being put in really inconvenient spots on some of the maps.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Second biggest bug is that if you hit the front track wheel/ tracks during a frontal engagement you will achieve a perfect side armour multiplier, this hurts the Tiger especially as the tracks are quite literally the biggest target on the front, and people always aim for them... For a medium that means 44 damage from a PIAT frontally!

Made a reddit thread here. Anyone who can contribute to visibility is appreciated.
    Post edited by rainkloud on
  • DukeSan27
    1154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Please don't refer to "hull down" as "head glitch". Scrubs will assume we are actually glitching.
  • rainkloud
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    Please don't refer to "hull down" as "head glitch". Scrubs will assume we are actually glitching.

That's my bad. I quoted the wrong thing. I fixed the quote now to reflect the bug I posted on Reddit.
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it's not consistent and I don't know what makes it happen but I've experienced the gunner seats doing no damage to infantry. not even suppression. this has happened to me in All land and air vehicles with gunner seats. here is an example. I have more examples but I'd have to trim down the clip.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/full951/video/68767966

happens on all maps and modes with all vehicles. both with and without the network indicator on screen. in my case on an Xbox one x
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    it's not consistent and I don't know what makes it happen but I've experienced the gunner seats doing no damage to infantry. not even suppression. this has happened to me in All land and air vehicles with gunner seats. here is an example. I have more examples but I'd have to trim down the clip.

happens on all maps and modes with all vehicles. both with and without the network indicator on screen. in my case on an Xbox one x

I had this last night, two shells, and numeroua hits with the machine gun. Felt like I was hitting a teammate. Same guy ran on to destroy a tank a moment later.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    Not a bug but a huge annoyance. Every time a teammate leaves the tank it blocks the machine gun, and regular turret on one tank.
    Post edited by diagoro on
  • rainkloud
    full951 wrote: »

Thanks! Added to the list!
  • WinterWarhurst
    diagoro wrote: »
    Not a bug but a huge annoyance. Every time a teammate leaves the tank it blocks the machine gun, and regular turret on one tank.

I agree this is a bug because often it sponges my tank shell mid engagement and results in not scoring a hit.
  • rainkloud
    Sadly, I can confirm that this bug is still present:
    • Ground Vehicles can resupply infinite amounts of primary and secondary tank shell shell ammo at depots through a glitch that can be exploited easily and 100% of the time.

Although it looks like you can no longer do unlimited primary ammo. I am able to oversupply just once on primary but infinitely on specialty shells.
  • DavTan
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can confirm that last bug in your op OP.
    The movement can go opposite to what you are inputting
    This happens very often and is a contributing factor in why it's not as doable being right on a flag in a tank as previous battlefields.
  • WinterWarhurst
    Sadly, I can confirm that this bug is still present:
    • Ground Vehicles can resupply infinite amounts of primary and secondary tank shell shell ammo at depots through a glitch that can be exploited easily and 100% of the time.

Although it looks like you can no longer do unlimited primary ammo. I am able to oversupply just once on primary but infinitely on specialty shells.

Yeah I noticed this too... Unbelievable
  • Noodlesocks
    2760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since the update I find that sometimes I can't spawn in a vehicle even though the game shows that one is available.
  • rainkloud
    Okay let's do some cleanup here. Can anyone confirm any items that are currently on the list as being fixed? How about the Blenheim reload? Is that working now? How about the tank flares? I think they are firing straight up in the sky now so they seem to be working right?
  • rainkloud
    Added the Churchill Croc and move some items to the confirmed fixed section.