Vehicle Bugs Master List (Collaborative Effort)

Comments

• ElToroFFM
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The other day I shot with the Autocannon on a P38T at a bigger Tank (Churchill) and din't get any hit indicators. Anyone else encounter the problem?
  • DukeSan27
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElToroFFM wrote: »
    The other day I shot with the Autocannon on a P38T at a bigger Tank (Churchill) and din't get any hit indicators. Anyone else encounter the problem?

Its new design in the latest patch. Auto-cannon no longer damages other Tanks.
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

You've got to be kidding me ?

So now light tanks have upgrades paths which can make them completely useless against other tanks?
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    StuG’s 1st person zoomed view is often completely obscured by MG shield on the concealed gunner position as it rotates, and even in its original position upon spawn.
  • diagoro
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This is a bug that was also in BF1.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On PS4 zoomed first person view for the light tanks has far lower sensitivity and therefore turret traverse than medium tanks.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The tanks still bounce about when on flat ground, esp if other tanks are near.
  • WinterWarhurst
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

infantry also have their aim thrown off when tanks fire their cannons!
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't spawn on my own tank destroyer on hamada. I called three as a squad leader. The only way I could use it was to spawn on an objective, commit suicide via redeploy, and reselect it from the home screen. Ps4
  • Johnny__Rogueps3
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was playing breakthrough
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Is this just isolated to flat ground or does it happen everywhere? Are there any good videos out there showing this? I've had this happen to me all the time so obviously it's legit but I'd like to have a video to show the devs.
  • diagoro
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »

Is this just isolated to flat ground or does it happen everywhere? Are there any good videos out there showing this? I've had this happen to me all the time so obviously it's legit but I'd like to have a video to show the devs.

They just need to make tanks "heavier". They float over terrain, or roll, like they're made of balsa wood.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So now light tanks have upgrades paths which can make them completely useless against other tanks?

It was never intended to be an anti armor path.
  • DukeSan27
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One more bug, now If I quickly deploy on a Tank icon, it takes the Tank in my middle slot, instead of my last selection.

And the Damage direction went from bad to terrible. I have zero confidence on what it shows now. Might as well park on a hill, in a corner of the map, to be sure of the direction of enemy fire.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Seems to be very random, and the odds increase if you are near other vehicles, that's all I know.
  • ElToroFFM
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It was never intended to be an anti armor path.

I shredded other armor before. Although it might not be an anti amor path, it shouldn't be completly defenseless against other tanks. I mean the AA tans have better AT capabilities...
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One more bug, now If I quickly deploy on a Tank icon, it takes the Tank in my middle slot, instead of my last selection.

And the Damage direction went from bad to terrible. I have zero confidence on what it shows now. Might as well park on a hill, in a corner of the map, to be sure of the direction of enemy fire.

Is this 100% of the time or does it occur randomly?
  • rainkloud

Seems to be very random, and the odds increase if you are near other vehicles, that's all I know.

Okay I added to the list, thanks.
  • WinterWarhurst
    I guess this is one for two friends to practice in test range with friendly fire on.

I think what causes the faulty hit markers are hits to the top of the turret but on the rear side of it/ shallow angle hits to side/ rear of the turret. The hit marker arc probably radiates from the centre of the tank, showing where rounds hit, not from where rounds hit.

Let’s say someone is directly in front of you but elevated, they shoot down onto your turret roof and nick say the rear section of the roof. My guess is it will show hit markers to the rear rather than from the direction of the shot. Likewise if they clip the side of your turret, it’ll do max damage and not ricochet, it’ll show a hit marker to the side.
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is fixed:
    -- On PC, when you set your analogue controls to the vehicle controls, forward,backwards, right, left. They randomly in game lock to the rear of the tank when you zoom and stay that way until your tanks destroyed.
    @MBT_Layzan

Not on your list but also fixed:
    -- I have a nice little bug or perhaps a design flaw but anyone driving a light tank will know how when you stop your forward momentum and hold back to reverse you end up continuing forward and turning goes all opposite to what you intend. Only way to stop this is by then going forward and preventing the tank from spinning around. This has cost me countless engagements and has even made me crash into objects. It's like the tank just goes rogue.

The second one is still present. Though appears to happen lesser than before.

I get that second one still every day on PS4. It is highly annoying combined with the latent tank aiming >.>