Game randomly ‘freezing’

Gravlar_SN9
267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi all, don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this but since the patch I’ve been having this really weird ‘freezing’ experience.

I’ll be running around as you do, killing people having fun, and then all of a sudden everyone else, tanks, planes etc stop moving. If someone was firing the gun keeps firing.

I however can move around like normal so it’s not a complete freeze.

5-10 seconds later everything snaps back and most of the time I’m dead because it appears that my character just stopped in the middle of nowhere.

Anyone else experiencing this / know of a fix?

Comments

• -Ope-
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am definitely experiencing it but my freeze is about 1 second and everything stops for me, including sound. I spent most of the day yesterday troubleshooting using every trick I know and read up on with no improvement. The behavior was introduced with the 1/15 patch and it's super annoying.
  • FinnHit
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    9900k & 2080 ti here and fps is mostly very nice but sometimes explosions freezzzess my dude for second or two, in dx12
  • Gravlar_SN9
    Turns out I captured one last night so I’ve just popped it below. Unfortunately it’s not the best example as I was in cover but if you look at the mini map you can see everyone has stopped but I can still control my character.

• ZulfoDK
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seems to happen to a lot of players using DX12 - and I am one of them
  • Sk1lld
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    ZulfoDK wrote: »

Here also, I read it was the way that DirectX 12 buffers.
  • ZulfoDK
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    ZulfoDK wrote: »

Here also, I read it was the way that DirectX 12 buffers.

It definately seems to have something to do with textures....
  • InsoMn11ac
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi!
    I had the same problem i have i7 5930k 4.5 ghz GTX 1080ti 4*4 GB ram 2666ghz in quad channel.
    165hz 1440p gsync. Have tried almost everything same for bf1 sometimes the game is smooth Always thought it has the servers that was lagging, freezeing, hitching. Then i tried intelligent standby cleaner i have played for 3 days booth bf1 and bf5 not One single hickup, stutter, freeze everything om max settings v-sync disabled. I have had this problem since creators update now finally everything is butter smooth. Also very important you have to run the program as admin.
    I hope this helps someone.😀
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released
  • InsoMn11ac
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I forgot to add i use dx12 in bf5 future frame disabled. In bf1 dx11.
  • ZulfoDK
    InsoMn11ac wrote: »
    Hi!
    I had the same problem i have i7 5930k 4.5 ghz GTX 1080ti 4*4 GB ram 2666ghz in quad channel.
    165hz 1440p gsync. Have tried almost everything same for bf1 sometimes the game is smooth Always thought it has the servers that was lagging, freezeing, hitching. Then i tried intelligent standby cleaner i have played for 3 days booth bf1 and bf5 not One single hickup, stutter, freeze everything om max settings v-sync disabled. I have had this problem since creators update now finally everything is butter smooth. Also very important you have to run the program as admin.
    I hope this helps someone.😀
    https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

I tried this for a few days, and I did get less freezes, but it still happens...
  • Gravlar_SN9
    May have found a solution to this which may help others.

DX12 didn’t seem to be the issue with me so on the recommendation of a platoon member I turned off the killer network adaptor as I wasn’t using it and since then no freezes! Only played 2 games but it was previously happening 1-3 times per game!
  • lGuerillal
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same happens after last patch.
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -Ope- wrote: »
    I am definitely experiencing it but my freeze is about 1 second and everything stops for me, including sound. I spent most of the day yesterday troubleshooting using every trick I know and read up on with no improvement. The behavior was introduced with the 1/15 patch and it's super annoying.

Same. It maybe even shorter than 1 second. It's like the frames drop to 0 and then go back to normal. Although it started happening for me yesterday. Only thing I did was install a Windows Update (1809 I believe).
  • ForAnAngeL
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happens to me too. If you notice the pocket loss icon shows up on the screen.
    I also get lost connection after that.
    I tried black ops 4. There is no problem.
  • TFBisquit
    1513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I have it too, so switched back to DX11+ffr on. Same thing so back at DX12.
    It started with one or two times per round, but now it's more frequent.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Yeah I have it too, so switched back to DX11+ffr on. Same thing so back at DX12.

Just played 10 games or so tonight and since killing killer network adaptor the problem has gone. Try that if you have it but aren’t actively using it too.
  • ForAnAngeL
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Just played 10 games or so tonight and since killing killer network adaptor the problem has gone. Try that if you have it but aren’t actively using it too.

When I disable killer network adaptor, I can't connect internet
  • Gravlar_SN9
    ForAnAngeL wrote: »

When I disable killer network adaptor, I can't connect internet

Ah, yeah that would be a problem. A platoon member of mine said he’d found something which helped fix it whilst still being able to use killer network adaptor. I’ll see if he can send me a link to it.
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The heck is killing killer network adaptor?
  • Gravlar_SN9
    karcyon wrote: »

Ha, I missed the ‘the’ out! Killing the killer network adaptor would have sounded better!
  • karcyon
    karcyon wrote: »

Ha, I missed the ‘the’ out! Killing the killer network adaptor would have sounded better!
    Still, what the heck is a killer network adaptor?!