Mastery VI Assignments for self-loading rifles

Bumstag1
60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So I've done all of them for the semi-auto rifles (the ones the assault class has) and pretty much everything else so the only ones that remain are the Self-Loading Rifles for the recon class. It's hard, like really, really hard. The hardest out there. I'm particularly struggling with the last one which says "Headshot kill 10/20 enemies in objective areas in one life/round."

Unlike as an assault class, you cannot land shots that fast since you have a slow rate of fire and at the same time a long reload time (Model 8). I heard there was a secret third option to this which has worked for many here. What is that option? Do you have any suggestions on doing this one? Also is there going to be a rework around this particular assignment? Or am I stuck here and just need to grind for it playing with the same weapon over and over again?

Comments

• naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    Grind it out, there is a hidden cumulative method to unlock this so it'll take some time. I don't know how many it is, but id guess around 60. I unlocked the final mastery for the ZH29 this way, the best I ever got in a round was 14 IIRC.

Its a **** assignment pulled from someones rear who just applied the same objective to all recon weapons even though the SLRs need multiple HS to kill (The ZH29 does anyway). Nigh on impossible to do this in an objective area.
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 21
    Hey

From What I've heard and seen, the "in 1 round" is applicable in a Grand Operation, over the 3 days. As long as you do not leave until the next Map change.

So for example:

Day 1 - 5 counts for the Assignment
    Day 2 - 7 counts for the Assignment
    Day 3 - 8 counts for the Assignment

Gives you the 20, and if doesn't track in a match, but when you go to the main menu, it's tracked on the back end.

I've had issues ingame, tracking the one Recon assignment, to complete all 3.
    4 HS Kills in 1 life.
    15 Spot assists
    and 35 off Kills in OBJ area's

I did the 4 HS Kills and 15 Spots in 1 round, didn't play for 2 days due to work. and slowly ground the 35 kills.
    Then ingame it tracked the 35 kills, but kept prompting on the left side, I was getting the spots and HS kills. Until I got the final kill from 25 and left the game.
    My UI Bugged out, so I had to relog the game completely, and it was gone from the assignments page.

So much for fixing the UI and tracking of assignments.

Hope this helps.

Edit: 1 last thing before you take note of the post, the Assault Assignment, where you need 7 kills in a round with Explosives, it seems to be in 1 life, but not stipulated, as I got 9 kills in one Breakthrough map, and it never counted. Even with closing the game and reopening. There is some confusion with the description which can be limited.
  • Bumstag1
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If Grand Operations counted, why would the counter reset itself after each "day"?
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's bugged in the UI tracking, cause remember the Grand Ops you don't get the full talley of points for showing weapon XP, Class XP and such until the end of the 3rd Day.
    You keep your points if you leave after day 2. But officially the "round" ends after the full 3 days, before the new Map load, as opposed to the conventional modes, like conquest, Breakthrough and such.

Try it out and see, report back if it works or not.
  • Bumstag1
    Xephic_Za wrote: »
    It's bugged in the UI tracking, cause remember the Grand Ops you don't get the full talley of points for showing weapon XP, Class XP and such until the end of the 3rd Day.
    You keep your points if you leave after day 2. But officially the "round" ends after the full 3 days, before the new Map load, as opposed to the conventional modes, like conquest, Breakthrough and such.

Will do, thanks for the suggestion.
  • AlexdeF1
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still not able to select the last mastery for the ZH-29.
    Am I the only one?
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm also grinding this one with the M8 (still). Can confirm that it is magnitudes harder than any other (I don't mind it though as a challenging weapon is somewhat satisfactory to play with. Each kill feels like a small victory when you know the other guy carries something way more powerful.)

Regarding GA, I have no idea whether it counts over the days or not but one needs to be aware that some of the modes included has very small cap areas and rarely anyone is in there at all (basically only when disarming/arming for example) so getting many 'in cap area' kills can be quite hard. Many of these rounds can also be very fast over if the attackers just steam roll the defenses. When doing these one would like the good old Frontlines from BF1 back (before they added a time limit.) ;).
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I heard it was a 100 kills, so I'm hoping you're right!!!
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Grind it out, there is a hidden cumulative method to unlock this so it'll take some time. I don't know how many it is, but id guess around 60. I unlocked the final mastery for the ZH29 this way, the best I ever got in a round was 14 IIRC.

Its a **** assignment pulled from someones rear who just applied the same objective to all recon weapons even though the SLRs need multiple HS to kill (The ZH29 does anyway). Nigh on impossible to do this in an objective area.

• xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSC was a nightmare but got the 10 in one life.
    The M1A1 I unlocked via the 60-100 kills, I would say it's more like 60.
  • Trokey66
    8155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za wrote: »

This could be true.

I was doing Sten Mastery Vi but never quite got the 20 kills per round (day).

When I left after the final day, the assignment was awarded.
  • Xephic_Za
    Tried now, with the STG44, did 8, 10 and 8 odd, not registering after I left after full GO map round, and an Origin reboot, so hard as it's not known how far out an objective I was, nor if the Obj must be marked by Squad Leader or not.

Stuck on STG44 Mastery VII
  • Pyr0Plazma
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm honestly ignoring all the SA,SLR's and BA Mastery assignments until they take another look at the assignment system altogether.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly a lot of the assignments, especially for Recon, are just annoying and rely on luck more than skill (people being in the right place at the right time etc)
  • Lt_Schofield
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AlexdeF1 wrote: »
    I'm still not able to select the last mastery for the ZH-29.
    Am I the only one?

No your not the only one. I too have the same Issue, I've contacted EA support and they are aware of the problem and say its being worked on.
    Tran scrip of chat with EA.

Anuj: I have checked with the team and they are saying that there is some issue with the assignment and they are working on it
    Anuj: The issues is that for some players it is visible and for some it is not
    you: so just have to wait then, ok bummer
    Anuj: So they are working on it so that all the players can play it
    Anuj: THe issue is almost fixed that's why i took that much time as i wanted to know th estatus
    Anuj: I have checked it and it will be solved very soon and you will get the ingame notification.

So I guess we will just have to wait.
  • Bumstag1
    I'm honestly ignoring all the SA,SLR's and BA Mastery assignments until they take another look at the assignment system altogether.

Yeah I did that as well but I only have these left. Maybe I'll just leave the very last assignment out and carry on with the other rifles.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »

Are you 100% sure about the hidden method? I'm nearing the VI Mastery for the MP 40 and I dread it.
  • Xephic_Za
    A few days later and still no unlock, doubt it's 100 on the back end, as this is too easy. Then may as well skip doing them all, if you'll get it without much effort.
  • Bumstag1
    UPDATE:

Finally managed to get the last mastery for the Model 8. I can confirm a 3. option being there, don't know whether it's 60 or 100 though. It feels more like ~60.
  • DigitalHype
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I finished Sten Mastery VII yesterday. Best I could do was 18 hip fire kill in the objective area before rounds ended. Usually I finished with about 10 per round. I'm also not sure exactly how many it took to complete the hidden cumulative. But, for me it seemed like more than 60. The problem is you can't know until you leave the server. Until then, the assignment will not show completed. And there is some evidence/reports that the cumulative only tracks if you stay on the server and keep grinding. It might be resetting if you leave the server to check, every time. So, I could have done more than required.
  • Bumstag1
    I finished Sten Mastery VII yesterday. Best I could do was 18 hip fire kill in the objective area before rounds ended. Usually I finished with about 10 per round. I'm also not sure exactly how many it took to complete the hidden cumulative. But, for me it seemed like more than 60. The problem is you can't know until you leave the server. Until then, the assignment will not show completed. And there is some evidence/reports that the cumulative only tracks if you stay on the server and keep grinding. It might be resetting if you leave the server to check, every time. So, I could have done more than required.

It does not reset, I've done it on multiple servers over the course of days.