Support Class with prone only MMG too weak and not interesting

2»

Comments

• someguy12121
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ANYTHING with a bipod is crap now. There is no recoil reduction with a bipod deployed compared to not. I mainly don't even bother ADS with MMGs as I find it much more accurate.
    That's the whole point of having separate classes. If they all did the same thing there would only need to be one class. It would be called soldier I guess. And I dont wanna hear about assault being as good as recon at long range. They cant get one hit kills and can shoot accurately at much longer range than assault.

You say that but Assault was never intended to be Anti-Sniper and by giving them DMRs they take on both vehicles & snipers. Ive been killed by more Assault players then Snipers while sniping. In BF1 aside from Assault still being OP it couldn't do crap against snipers and IMO BF1 had a much better class balance then currently present in BFV.
  • SirSpectacle
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs are a completely pointless weapon class. They can never be made good enough to make up for the loss of mobility without leading to massive problems with campers everywhere.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    MMGs are weak? That's funny, all you need to do is learn to aim and learn flanks and be more situational aware.

Exactly, of course mmg's suck for running and gunning. But if you can read the battlefield and get into the right position ahead of time, they are amazing. Mmg is my goto weapon type ( mg42 for axis/vgo for allies) its like mowing grass.
  • l_Grand_Vizir_l
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    Suppression should be increased for support (in terms of dealing it).
    I agree
    We know suppression is far less anoying than in previous BFs because now it's only a visual effect and not a weird tool to make enemy weapon inacurate. this is a great change and i'm glad of this.
    However this visual effect should be buffed, actually i have no difficulty to shoot back to a bipoded mmg player firing, at me and when i use the mmg i feel too much exposed. Other class can dance (ADADAD spam) under fire but prone bipod weapon make player a really easy target because he can't move. Adding a little more blur effect or shaking on the enemy sight would balance the mmg quite well in my opinion because actually the suppression effect is reallly nothing.

• xXHappy_PuppyXx
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's really stupid is that MMG's don't even cause the target to flinch when hit. All other class's can move, do pop up attacks.. and at range just sight in and kill the MMG user even while taking hits... while the MMG user is stuck to his bipod in one location. If they are not going to give MMG's real suppression mechanics such as blurred vision while under fire then they need to add at least target flinching when hit by a MMG... this BS where a player can just stand there taking hits while ADSing while under fire from a MMG is ridiculous.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree
    We know suppression is far less anoying than in previous BFs because now it's only a visual effect and not a weird tool to make enemy weapon inacurate. this is a great change and i'm glad of this.
    However this visual effect should be buffed, actually i have no difficulty to shoot back to a bipoded mmg player firing, at me and when i use the mmg i feel too much exposed. Other class can dance (ADADAD spam) under fire but prone bipod weapon make player a really easy target because he can't move. Adding a little more blur effect or shaking on the enemy sight would balance the mmg quite well in my opinion because actually the suppression effect is reallly nothing.

I agree with this so much, but as soon as some people see the word suppression, they immediately begin to combust. I guess the common consensus is that suppression provides an "unfair" advantage.

Unless im the one getting suppression assists, i usually forget it's even a game mechanic.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    MMGs are weak? That's funny, all you need to do is learn to aim and learn flanks and be more situational aware.

So odd.. Says you have never even played support...

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/DaHuntzMen/overview
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    I agree

I agree with this so much, but as soon as some people see the word suppression, they immediately begin to combust. I guess the common consensus is that suppression provides an "unfair" advantage.

Unless im the one getting suppression assists, i usually forget it's even a game mechanic.

"I guess the common consensus is that suppression provides an "unfair" advantage."

Only for a vocal few.. Suppression got out of hand when every gun caused the effect. Those of us seeing the issue that support has no support role in BF5 other then ammo drones are not asking for every gun to suppress but only the support class guns with MMG's having the largest effect. Right now all Support guns are good for are ambushing targets with direct fire.. that's it.. they are lousy in supporting other team mates in keeping the enemies heads down.. if you try to use a bipoded lmg/mmg in a supporting roles you pretty much are a free kill to the other team.

Another issue is you have other class's jumping posts like this that A: don't play the class or B: have there own class issues and some how think that they have to attack any thread that does mention there problems.. AKA medic SMGs and Recon bolt action players who seem to be the most vocal attacking other threads when they bring up issue with their class... While I agree that SMG's and Bolt-Action rifles need some tuning changes.. those class can still perform there intended roles. Support doesn't.. you just don't have the tools to lay down effective cover fire in the current meta of BF5
  • fakemon64
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    I agree

"I guess the common consensus is that suppression provides an "unfair" advantage."

Only for a vocal few.. Suppression got out of hand when every gun caused the effect. Those of us seeing the issue that support has no support role in BF5 other then ammo drones are not asking for every gun to suppress but only the support class guns with MMG's having the largest effect. Right now all Support guns are good for are ambushing targets with direct fire.. that's it.. they are lousy in supporting other team mates in keeping the enemies heads down.. if you try to use a bipoded lmg/mmg in a supporting roles you pretty much are a free kill to the other team.

Another issue is you have other class's jumping posts like this that A: don't play the class or B: have there own class issues and some how think that they have to attack any thread that does mention there problems.. AKA medic SMGs and Recon bolt action players who seem to be the most vocal attacking other threads when they bring up issue with their class... While I agree that SMG's and Bolt-Action rifles need some tuning changes.. those class can still perform there intended roles. Support doesn't.. you just don't have the tools to lay down effective cover fire in the current meta of BF5

Exactly, how am i supposed to fulfill my machine gunner combat role that explicitly states that i should be laying suppressive fire if suppressive fire barely exists in the first place.

People complain about being killed by "camping bipoders", but what else is there to do with an mmg? Support should be able to actually support the team and not just by getting kills.
  • Nesodos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a risk/reward thing. You're very vulnerable while on the move but when set up in a decent position you are able to put out almost unmatched firepower. I'm so sick of people moaning about this game wanting every class to be good at everything. Different classes are for different roles and excel at different things. That's the whole point of having separate classes. If they all did the same thing there would only need to be one class. It would be called soldier I guess. And I dont wanna hear about assault being as good as recon at long range. They cant get one hit kills and can shoot accurately at much longer range than assault.
    I'm sick of people complaining about other peoples complaints while assault is in fact the strongest allround class for everything within a 100m range.