This Week in Battlefield V - January 21st

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
edited January 23
xq1mveor5wb21.jpg

Welcome to This Week in Battlefield V for the week of January 21st!

Hopefully by now you’re in the thick of Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes and tackling the first weekly challenge, A Few Good Soldiers. This week we introduce the second stage of this in-game mission. This new leg has two basic routes towards the final task, which will earn you a Modele 1944 semi-automatic rifle for the Assault class when completed. Learn more about the mission requirements on Battlefield.com.

We’ve a relatively lighter week in our communication pipeline as compared to previous weeks. Don’t let that fool you into thinking we don’t have loads prepared for you! Currently, you can play the Squad Conquest mode and sharpen your skills for the upcoming Rush game mode. On that note, we still have plenty of Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes to roll out including additional in-game weekly missions, the highly anticipated co-op mode, Combined Arms, and much more you can dive into on this Battlefield News article.

Let’s look at the week ahead!
7j7h8sys5wb21.png
As always, timing on the below can always shift. We’ll do our best to keep you updated of any changes.
  • Monday, January 21st
    • Article – This Week in Battlefield V – The rundown of various news beats in a concise communication roadmap. This is the article you’re reading!
    • Article – Battlefield V’s Known Issues List Update (Reddit & Forums) – As we track known issues internally and acknowledge major issues brought to our attention we’ll keep our Known Issues list updated.
  • Tuesday, January 22nd
    • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week – Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a stellar clip? Send it my way on your preferred social network and we’ll consider it. Each featured moment will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem! Here's this week's winner.
  • Wednesday, January 23rd
    • Hype – Chapter 2: Lighting Strikes ‘A Few Good Soldiers’ 2nd Week Starting Soon – Come Wednesday, we’ll be 24 hours away from kicking off the second part of the in-game weekly mission. You can read about it here.
  • Thursday, January 24th
    • Launch – Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes ‘A Few Good Soldiers’ 2nd Week Begins – The first segment comes to an end and you’ll be off to the battlefield to work towards the Modele 1944 semi-automatic rifle for the Assault class.
  • Friday, January 25th
    • Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.
7zy9zrsx5wb21.png

54pzj6dy5wb21.png

iwnv7r4z5wb21.png
Now, that’s a lid!

6w08tja06wb21.jpg
Arthur Rohart, BFV Firestorm Producer @ Criterion Games

Source: Twitter

Edit:
  • Updated OIB Moment Weekly Winner with link to winning clip, here.
Post edited by danmotoxx on

Comments

• DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @danmotoxx

I've scrubbed the "Latest Know Issues" within the forum and reddit of any updates pertaining to information below to which I first posted on January 15th as a result, there was none. Please see below.

Originally posted on December 15th in a forum discussion title which has been "deleted".

Any word about players being able to claim and assign "Special Assignments" in between rounds without exiting the players current game? This was a discussion during one of the DEV Q&A Life Streams on Twitch back in late November and it was mentioned that players would be able to conduct the said following in the December 4th patch. Players have not been able to do as mentioned since the Q&A, have not heard any follow ups about this topic and when can players expect this change?

Currently, players are still required to exit game, go to Armory > claim Shipments for weapon skins > Assignments > Activate Assignments > Return to "Play" > queue for game. It's a rinse and repeat system I strongly believe players are exhausted from conducting over and over.

Aside from post above, this has also came to my attention today.

Another discussion that was mentioned during the Live DEV Q&A in November to include in the December patch was that players would be able to perform an "Apply All" function to uniform and weapon skin customization menu when applying skins to characters. Players are still required to individually select Head, Torso and Legs for uniforms or apply individual weapon skins to that particular weapon through "sub menus". Players would require all the same skins to include in weapon and uniform for the "apply all" function to work correctly.

For example, if a player has unlocked all of the Golden ZK-383 skins, that can be all applied at once with the "Apply All" function.

Hopefully, these issue can make it into your "Friday January 25th Battlefield V Weekly Debrief". Any info would be "much" appreciated. Thanks!
  • Redstripe101
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zero issues addressed, but atleast I know of another studio to stay away from.
  • Elysiannnn
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What’s the point in new content when at level 50 we can’t buy anything we earn playing the game? You guys really need to pump all your money into fixing this issue, because no matter what you bring out we’re all huffing and puffing and items we’ve unlocked but can’t buy (I’m on PS4)
  • Astr0damus
    2728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 22
    Problem: Rear take-down not working (most of the time)

giphy.gif

The guy even had enough time to turn around and shoot me after a kukuri in his back-side.

(Sorry for multiple posts, I accidentally posted in last week's thread)
    @danmotoxx

EDIT: Platform XBOXONE, Game Mode: Conquest, Map: Arras. US or EU server. Date: Jan 21st.
    Post edited by Astr0damus on
  • Redstripe101
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Problem: Rear take-down not working (most of the time)

giphy.gif

The guy even had enough time to turn around and shoot me after a kukuri in his back-side.

(Sorry for multiple posts, I accidentally posted in last week's thread)
    @danmotoxx

i dont even knife anymore unless they are static and unaware.
  • Astr0damus
    2728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I took the time to try to report the bug in the proper area, but GET THIS... the bug reporting submission button is BUGGED.
    So I had to report the bug in the General Discussion area, which means it will probably not be read.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Rear-melee-take-down-not-working/m-p/7364444#M12955

What a gaggle... I want to go break something in the garage.
  • Redstripe101
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I took the time to try to report the bug in the proper area, but GET THIS... the bug reporting submission button is BUGGED.
    So I had to report the bug in the General Discussion area, which means it will probably not be read.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Rear-melee-take-down-not-working/m-p/7364444#M12955

What a gaggle... I want to go break something in the garage.

go figure

Gagglefield 5
  • Cemtexx
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thought the bipods were meant to be fixed this time round? Am still having trouble with most walls and ledges, its starting to become a joke, if you want the proof, try it your self, it feels as if you use an MMG your getting punihsed for it -_-
  • Redstripe101
    Cemtexx wrote: »
    Thought the bipods were meant to be fixed this time round? Am still having trouble with most walls and ledges, its starting to become a joke, if you want the proof, try it your self, it feels as if you use an MMG your getting punihsed for it -_-

no fix, but they did state they will be removing laying on the back and firing as support. so even more useless
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cemtexx wrote: »

Look at Flórian twitter, they will fix bipods in the next patch.

Patch notes is ready so it will come SOON tm.
  • Braddock512
    1142 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @DigitalContagion
    • Select Assignments Between Matches: Definitely something the community has been quite vocal about, and this has absolutely been shared with the Dev team. No details on when this will come into play, but it is noted in my weekly reports.
    • Apply All When Customizing: Oh man. This is something I've been wanting since launch. You're absolutely right, it was discussed during one of our launch livestreams, but I the team's focus is addressing gameplay critical bugs (Company Coin, crashing, black screen, etc.). I feel you on this, I really do. Especially when some weapons have 6-7 slots to customize. Will check back with the team on a roadmap for this customization rollout and will update you when I have any info.

@Vinicarioca Yep, we're finalizing the notes and getting them ready for deploy next week. Stay tuned.

-Braddock
  • ShortDwarff
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will bfv5 add search or a game mode like it ? I really like this game and would love a more strategic slow paced game mode
  • Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gotta get those endless EOR bugs fixed. It's just too frustrating to bug out of every single match you get in to, then have to join a queue to get with your squad again. Intolerable.
  • omaha4ever1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks. Still waiting for CC that is owed. And the fact we are very bored at Level 50 max Rank🤷‍♂️

Yea, me too, miss a lot of CC also rank 50 for a long time .....
  • sloopyfish
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks. Still waiting for CC that is owed. And the fact we are very bored at Level 50 max Rank🤷‍♂️

For real dice sort the act out and repay us what we are owed.
    Nice that you release new items and guns but listen up to the community when we say company coin needs fixing badly and get the whole team on this bug.

We are owed so much from you and we want compensated with company coin not just the few who got given tens of thousands through details given on twitter.
  • Braddock512
    1142 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    sloopyfish wrote: »

For real dice sort the act out and repay us what we are owed.
    Nice that you release new items and guns but listen up to the community when we say company coin needs fixing badly and get the whole team on this bug.

We are owed so much from you and we want compensated with company coin not just the few who got given tens of thousands through details given on twitter.

I've already replied to you on another thread. TL;DR (as I don't want to repeat mysef)
    Now that the issue with accruing CC is resolved for those at Max Rank, next step is to run a script to determine who has been missing CC since December on and provide a grant for those players.

Now, you've mentioned twice that folks have gotten "tens of thousands through Twitter". I want to clarify this for you, as you may not have the full picture. We did a back-end grant in December to address the missing CC. Unfortunately, it didn't apply to all players who were at Max Rank 50 and impacted by the issue. No one dev went in and pushed a button for a select few from Twitter.

Next item:
    Map designers, weapon designers, gameplay designers wouldn't have any part of fixing the issue, so "get the whole team on this bug" isn't feasible or realistic. Our QA team and Dev producers have been tackling this since December with some limited success. With the backend update on Tuesday, we are able to say, with some level of confidence, that the accrual issue is resolved. Now we're working to get a script together to drop CC into the Inventory of those that haven't been able to earn any (Max Rank 50 players) within the last 7 weeks (since December). When we have an update on the rollout of the batch job, we'll let you know.

-Braddock512-
  • rockin_master
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 25
    Thank goodness CC is almost, kinda, mostly sorta fixed now. Great work Braddock and crew.

These wonderful players will be really happy about it too. They get all their hard earned CC thanks to all of Mitre's and Braddock's really really hard work and dedication to the community.

You guys are great. The real gems of modern age gaming development and customer relations.

• pebjesus
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just imagine, setting the level cap at
    Thank goodness CC is almost, kinda, mostly sorta fixed now. Great work Braddock and crew.

These wonderful players will be really happy about it too. They get all their hard earned CC thanks to all of Mitre's and Braddock's really really hard work and dedication to the community.

You guys are great. The real gems of modern age gaming development and customer relations.

🤣😂
  • Redstripe101

that clip is hard to watch, or ignore.