BFV Known Issues List Will Receive Major Overhaul

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
Hi Battlefield V Community,

Jumping in here as many of you have noticed that the BFV Known Issues list hasn't been updated since mid-December. You're right. We're setting up internal processes to that will allow us to continue maintaining a highly accurate list with frequent updates. Once our process is locked down the Known Issues list will receive a full overhaul.

Such a process may look like the following...
  1. Identify Issues – Pulling from all sources to determine all outstanding game issues, including and not limited to social channels, customer support teams, direct from player, in-game data, internal bug trackers, community maintained bug trackers, etc.
  2. Define Severity – Determine severity of each issue based on amount of players affected and impact to systems (economy, retention, game experience, etc.).
  3. Bi-Daily Syncs – Internal teams to meet frequently to circle on latest issues, categorize by priority, determine public acknowledgement, and set fix timelines.
  4. Public Acknowledgement – Lock down communications on outstanding issues, proposed fixes, and resolution ETA and publish to continue working on them alongside community feedback.
  5. Issue Resolution – Additional communication once issue is resolved.

Hopefully this provides you some insight into how we are looking to address outstanding issues you may be experiencing and the process we are working on to acknowledge them with you.

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 24
    That's great. Additional transparency is almost never a bad thing.
    Also, new issue:
    When using chat and being revived/respawning, often times you can't control your character's aim (only movement) after you become alive again. Your text that you were typing also goes away. In order to get control of your aim again, you have to press Enter twice.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I appreciate the earnestness of getting good communication going.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I appreciate that you're finally addressing this, does this not strike you as something incredibly fundamental that a large game developer should already have in place? The perception is that if you don't already have something like this in place, your developers are not getting reasonable notification of all bugs, issues, etc., and that is really disturbing as a consumer of your product.

Some people have noted the incredible negative tone in some of the participants on this Forum. Some people are undoubtedly very frustrated about the bugs and issues in the game, which continue to go unaddressed, yet new content appears, and seems to be the priority. You must understand that some people may be less mature in their response, but this is a classic case study of what happens when you don't address fundamental performance and/or game issues at launch. This is a direct result of EA / Dice's tepid response to these issues AHEAD of launch. Frankly, this game was brought to market too quickly.

As a constructive update, please share with your EA / Dice colleagues that as a consumer, I do not feel that EA has good quality control nor processes in place to properly launch a game and maintain it thereafter, relative to some of the other quality developers out there .

Please take this as a challenge to improve and test your games better before launch. Otherwise, you are going to reinforce the strong perception that consumers should not buy your games until 3-6 months AFTER launch, at a material discount. If this perception gains strength, your firm will lose substantial revenue as a result, and many may simply not buy the game at all, as new games are being launched each and every quarter which capture our eyes and hearts. As a real example, I was definitely interested in pre-purchasing Anthem, but after my BFV experience, I am going to wait at least 6 months to see how the game plays, and consider if it is good or not after all of the updates.

Thank you.

Almost everything you said ignores past experiences of good games after they mature. BF4 was horrid at launch, but after a while, it was brilliant and was one of the better FPS games I've ever played.
    Largely one of the bigger issues I've seen is the fact that whomever is in charge seems to be holding the hands of the player. Pulling the "I know what's best for you" approach some companies like Apple use in their software. Instead of letting users rent servers, DICE has servers that are constantly (randomly?) rotating through maps, some of which don't capture the true BF experience to some. A few of the maps have little to no vehicles in some modes and many don't like that. What if I want to play longer ranged maps? A server without Devastation or even Fjell would be nice. If I wanna play only closer ranged maps, a server without Hamada and Panzerstorm would also be great. Or a server with large vehicle presence would be nice to have so you can get those vehicle challenges easier.
    The issue is prevalent in lots of different aspects. The UI isn't that great. Why do we have to go through ~5 menus in order to change weapon skins? Why do I still have issues when I press the "quit" button and it takes upwards of 30 seconds to leave a server and sometimes even longer to leave the .exe? It's literally quicker for me to ALT+F4 the game and boot it up again than to press "quit" in a menu. That's dumb.
    Another instance of this hand holding I've found is that when you want to cancel searching, you are asked to confirm that you want to cancel, even though you're still searching. I have to move my mouse to the bottom right hand corner of the screen (but not all the way) and then move it back to the middle and make somewhat precision mouse movements to say "Yes, I don't want to queue up right now." I've had instances where I click cancel and while I'm trying to confirm that I do, infact, want to cancel, the game loads me into a match. Now I've got to wait another 20 seconds just so I can leave that game and it's a huge mess. To make it worse, the cancel button generally says something along the lines of "The queue time is up to several minutes" like it's talking down to me or something. Like, yes, I can see that the button I just clicked on says "EST: 2:55" on the timer. I can see how it tells me the estimated time. No need to patronize me while I'm trying to get out of queue.
    I just find some of the UI and hand holding in this game to be a bit much. You can't even use your own guns/upgrades in the practice range. Like, what??? I can't even use all the vehicles either. Want to try out a specific bomber with the upgrade you just unlocked?? Too bad. You get the default British bomber (not even sure which one it is tbh). Want to try out Onion rounds on your AA tank? Can't do that either. What about the rate of fire increase on your sniper? Can't do that either. It's just complete oversight on DICE's part.
    Most of the things I've mentioned seems to just be aspects of development to protect the user from themselves. But why go to such lengths about it? Even the chat filter blocks entire words if parts of it are in the chat filter. Accidentally type "hhim?" Well, that's blocked now. What about "ocunting" (instead of counting)? Well now you just see "counting" as blocked because you're unaware you made a mistake typing it.
    TL;DR: Handholding, bad. Options and confidence in userbase to understand UI, good.
  • D4rthGinge
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I appreciate that you're finally addressing this, does this not strike you as something incredibly fundamental that a large game developer should already have in place? The perception is that if you don't already have something like this in place, your developers are not getting reasonable notification of all bugs, issues, etc., and that is really disturbing as a consumer of your product.

Some people have noted the incredible negative tone in some of the participants on this Forum. Some people are undoubtedly very frustrated about the bugs and issues in the game, which continue to go unaddressed, yet new content appears, and seems to be the priority. You must understand that some people may be less mature in their response, but this is a classic case study of what happens when you don't address fundamental performance and/or game issues at launch. This is a direct result of EA / Dice's tepid response to these issues AHEAD of launch. Frankly, this game was brought to market too quickly.

As a constructive update, please share with your EA / Dice colleagues that as a consumer, I do not feel that EA has good quality control nor processes in place to properly launch a game and maintain it thereafter, relative to some of the other quality developers out there .

Please take this as a challenge to improve and test your games better before launch. Otherwise, you are going to reinforce the strong perception that consumers should not buy your games until 3-6 months AFTER launch, at a material discount. If this perception gains strength, your firm will lose substantial revenue as a result, and many may simply not buy the game at all, as new games are being launched each and every quarter which capture our eyes and hearts. As a real example, I was definitely interested in pre-purchasing Anthem, but after my BFV experience, I am going to wait at least 6 months to see how the game plays, and consider if it is good or not after all of the updates.

Thank you.

Well said
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Very well said but am pretty sure it’s a wish in one hand, poop in the other and see what fills first...BF5 🥁
  • sabootheshaman
    780 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thank you.

You are kinda assuming they had nothing in place. I to think it's been a shambles. However I would assume the existing processes/people were not good enough so they have to change. Whats listed above is a pretty big change in process and would be disruptive to many so could not be rolled out fast. For instance "Bi-daily" syncs that would be deemed quite disruptive to many people in dev environments. I wouldn't allow it in my business. Unfortunately for DICE they are dealing with a growing list so it may be necessary as they crunch the bug list.

If it was me I'd be bring out the paddle. "No company coin, thats a paddlin" "crash between rounds, oh you better believe thats a paddlin"
  • mollyfrank1
    139 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    how about release a game without bugs!
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

You're looking in the twilight zone for that
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No software will ever be without bugs. Period.
    You're living in a dream world.
  • CHEFARZT1
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nice P.R.-yadayada , next time post when you got something substantial to say. Thx in advance.
  • Renamed1901291438
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there something bigger going on with EA? The whole damn game disappeared from the game list in Origin, oh and now when I try to log in I get a warning "Online login is currently unavailable."
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    Hi Battlefield V Community,

Jumping in here as many of you have noticed that the BFV Known Issues list hasn't been updated since mid-December. You're right. We're setting up internal processes to that will allow us to continue maintaining a highly accurate list with frequent updates. Once our process is locked down the Known Issues list will receive a full overhaul.

Such a process may look like the following...
    1. Identify Issues – Pulling from all sources to determine all outstanding game issues, including and not limited to social channels, customer support teams, direct from player, in-game data, internal bug trackers, community maintained bug trackers, etc.
    2. Define Severity – Determine severity of each issue based on amount of players affected and impact to systems (economy, retention, game experience, etc.).
    3. Bi-Daily Syncs – Internal teams to meet frequently to circle on latest issues, categorize by priority, determine public acknowledgement, and set fix timelines.
    4. Public Acknowledgement – Lock down communications on outstanding issues, proposed fixes, and resolution ETA and publish to continue working on them alongside community feedback.
    5. Issue Resolution – Additional communication once issue is resolved.

Hopefully this provides you some insight into how we are looking to address outstanding issues you may be experiencing and the process we are working on to acknowledge them with you.

When will us console players get our Chat log back on the top left screen? It's been well over a month now since it's been gone.

• DirtyDog1974
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How about they fix their isn't servers as well? Hard to play frontlines or SC when TOW doesn't work! They continue to show how inept they are as a company every day
  • SturmKliest
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All I know is the game was working fine up until a week or two ago, now I cant getting running for more then 5 minutes on any multi-player mode and it locks up and crashes, WTF!
  • finney72
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where on earth is the ttd fix. So sick and tired of getting one shoot killed by all guns from all ranges. Come on already dice this is the biggest problem with this game.It is whats driving the player base down.
  • LazZzer7
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey everyone its me LazZzer 7, I hope your all listening to my discussion. Ive been playing b5 since 1 so I'm hope there will be no bug issues since 1 didn't have as much bugs. 5 on the hand i was thinking they can fix the headshot and make more dependable to get a shot of the headshot, since it is not registering as much.
  • keefa2027
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why don't they fix the stuck on loading screen with spinning icons (xbox), been at least 2 months game is not playable.Total waste of money
  • ftmiranda
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about introducing a new feature called FairPlay that will allow players using either low graphics settings and ultra graphics settings to enjoy fair play?

Today if I use low graphics settings I get a huge advantage as other plares playing on ultra settings as the game does not render vegetation or even trees that helps players take cover.

Running low settings I can see people just laying on the ground thinking that they are hidden behind a plant (they are running on ultra settings).
This discussion has been closed.