Weekly BF

Things I find a bit annoying/ General rant.

MKRUPT89_bpsjeh
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Starting to really get annoyed with a few things in game and pre game.

One thing I would like to see in game before I get started is being able to change assignments in game rather then having to go back to the main menu screen and change there.

Ok now let's start this

Biggest thing annoying me is getting shot through walls and most cover, or when a player pre-fires walking around a corner and my character dies the instance I see the other player. I didn't realise I was playing COD or Rainbow Six: Siege.

Multiple times I will be sneaking around trying to get a few cheeky kills then from around the corner someone comes around and shoots me dead knowing exactly where I am but there is no way of them know I am even there. This happens a lot to me and to random players that have been in my squad with mics on.

So many times getting shot dead but the bullet patching shown indicates that it is going to miss me but I still end up on the floor. Its almost like my character is 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide.

Still dying in what appears to be a single frame and I know this is a well known issue for EA/ DICE but come on how long does it take to figure out something ain't right.

Since the last patch however sometimes when a game loads I get the black screen of nothingness. I have game sound. I can hear my weapon firing. But can't see anything. The menu doesn't display only the right tab that shows "daily orders". Same problem that happened in BF1.

Medic and support crates fall through the floor.

When customising weapons the background image is the map which can make it very difficult to read what I am trying to select. When customising in pre game as soon as the timer runs out it takes you to the deploy screen so then you have to go back into the customisation menu and by the time you get back to what you were doing or maybe a bit further along the same thing happens again.

Lots of people say that planes are underpowered. I'm guessing that's the people flying them. On the ground there is not much that can be done about it and I find AA guns are just useless. BF1 I could reasonably easily take down a plane regardless of it's direction of travel. BFV however I have tried so many times and maybe once have I taken down a plane that was being attacked by another plane.

Comments

• blakemoresimon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

"Since the last patch however sometimes when a game loads I get the black screen of nothingness. I have game sound. I can hear my weapon firing. But can't see anything. The menu doesn't display only the right tab that shows "daily orders". Same problem that happened in BF1."

I get this a lot and its very very annoying. I tend to find if you press start and then down twice and then a to look at squads it will normally sort it out. Sometimes you have to do this a few times to sort it out but that always sorts ut out for me.

As for the planes i cant hit other plans or bomb anyone its impossible for me i have never been any good with any plans or even tanks so i just stick to running and gunning.

Over all taking into mind all the problems and so on I still really really enjoy playing it, yes i get annoyed when t buggers up but thats all forgotton by the time i am in another game haha
  • lolingbuffalo
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've totally experienced the "how the **** did they know I was there" thing but eventually I've just kind of figured that I must have gotten spotted in a recon's spotting scope, or by a spotting flare (spitfires and 109's both can drop these two at a time, covering a whole objective)
  • Durand1981
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 16
    I've totally experienced the "how the **** did they know I was there" thing but eventually I've just kind of figured that I must have gotten spotted in a recon's spotting scope, or by a spotting flare (spitfires and 109's both can drop these two at a time, covering a whole objective)

Well this certainly lets me know people have no clue about the tools at their disposal which explains why i'm constantly on teams that whoop our ****. Snipers have a tool for spotting, that tool can be combed over terrain and will auto mark an enemy as it goes and from good range, thus that's just one way people get seen (not to mention) they don't always need to be up in full view (the spotter scope) clips im sure of it so you could be hiding behind a mound of dirt.

If this was utilised the outcome would be savage if we knew where to shoot, that's not including people using the AT mines and or rockets to stop tanks. it's an absolute joke the times we have had tanks roll up, and everyone just runs at it, like somehow they can shoot it with a pistols or something stupid. You need to know what's in your arsenal and USE it PROPERLY.

This game supposedly emphasises TEAMWORK but nobody does it, they see you on the deck, i am a medic but nooo i am not getting you up, ticket wasted, no one spots so still running round like idiots only to get shot in the back cause enemies flanked, we have engineers but forget the AT mines lets just go get kills YEAHHHHH this is what i see every day on breakthrough it's disgusting.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I think most of the time when your like how the heck did that guy know I was there you were either spotted or seen by a player in a squad talking to other players. This intel can really change the game and being in a good squad gives you eyes all over the battlefield. I can’t tell you how many kills I get because a buddy said he saw a guy and I was in a better position to kill him.

As far as the black screen, there’s a workaround where you redeploy mentioned above.

Have you tried clearing your MAC address. Seems like whenever I do this the game runs a bit smoother. Have to give credit to @moosehunter1969 for that. But I took that advice and I do it now every time before I play and my experience has been 10x smoother.

I think there’s also a lot of placebo that happens. When your frustrated and not having fun, you notice every little problem. However when your in a great squad, having laughs with the guys, and playing well as s result, you don’t notice as many of the problems...at least I have noticed this in myself and my own experience.

Try squading up with some good players. This game is SO MUCH BETTER with a good group.

Hope any of this helps and I hope your experience gets better. It sucks not enjoying Battlefield.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, this^. Getting in a group of players who you get along with can really help.

As far as people knowing where you are. Like SB mentioned, players communicating can give you away. Noise, I can't tell you how many people I have found because they were making noise. Crouch running will help, but if you have headphones and a keen ear you can still hear them. Also, sometimes I see someone, but I am not able to take them out yet, so I follow them to get in a better position or to get closer. Hiding in popular spots could also result in players "knowing where you are".

I'll have to try clearing my MAC address, I don't have any issues but it might help. Thanks for the tip.
  • ApollyonDrakul
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Biggest thing annoying me is getting shot through walls and most cover, or when a player pre-fires walking around a corner and my character dies the instance I see the other player. I didn't realise I was playing COD or Rainbow Six: Siege.
    I feel your pain. For me, it's probably packet loss or serious desync issues.
    Multiple times I will be sneaking around trying to get a few cheeky kills then from around the corner someone comes around and shoots me dead knowing exactly where I am but there is no way of them know I am even there. This happens a lot to me and to random players that have been in my squad with mics on.
    This may actually you being "spotted" by Recon. This happens to me too, and at first I was irate, but lately I've been playing Recon more and I spot as much as possible.