This Week in Battlefield V

WIll every major EA demo release prevent us from playing our Origin games? [ORIGIN DOWN]

BlindChance
490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
A serious question. Asking for a friend.

Comments

• II__SUSHI__II
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is so very annoying. All EA servers down on Friday night.
  • G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cheap scape´s EA , "will you recommend Origin to one of your freind´s" H.. NO , never.
    Problems with Origin is pretty much standard every week in different scales of stupidness.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do find it amusing when people get so frustrated over first world problems. Yes annoying it is, but life could be worse.
  • G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do find it amusing when people get so frustrated over first world problems. Yes annoying it is, but life could be worse.

Yeah, there could be a asteroid in trajectory to hit earth and wipe the whole planet.
    Or maybe a company that sells digital software that actually has a online platform that does not break down more often then not too.
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Poor equipped effected all platforms. Did any executive watch ready player one and see a company that behaviour is very similar
  • G-Gnu
    saxo101 wrote: »
    Poor equipped effected all platforms. Did any executive watch ready player one and see a company that behaviour is very similar

If they did , no one on the company got the connection anyway, book is better though :)
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It could always be worse. So if you are late to work and your car doesn't start, Do you think: "Yes annoying it is, but life could be worse."?
    GTFO with that :D

$MultiBILLION company and they still are as greedy and cheap as they come.
  • lllneonblacklll
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Says a dude on a gaming forum.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes I'm on a gaming forum what of it? Kills time while sat at work. But do you see me crying about things not working? Nothing in life is 100% things break down but ffs it's a game, go for a walk spend time with the family, think how lucky you are only having to worry about the fact your game won't work.
  • lllneonblacklll
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yes I'm on a gaming forum what of it? Kills time while sat at work. But do you see me crying about things not working? Nothing in life is 100% things break down but ffs it's a game, go for a walk spend time with the family, think how lucky you are only having to worry about the fact your game won't work.

It's in our nature to complain, when viewed in the correct context these complaints are legit.
  • superteds
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »

Yeah, there could be a asteroid in trajectory to hit earth and wipe the whole planet.
    Or maybe a company that sells digital software that actually has a online platform that does not break down more often then not too.

such hyperbole! Has origin been offline for over half the time since this game dropped? lol no, and not even remotely close.
  • asittingduck
    edited January 25

It's in our nature to complain, when viewed in the correct context these complaints are legit.

Like I said first world problems, if you think of how little this affects your life and how little others have it helps to put it in to perspective.
    I'm very lucky to be alive so little things like this don't bother me, every thing breaks down from time to time, be grateful it's just a game.

Besides if things didn't break down people like I would be out of work :smile:
  • xpixelbullyx
    1643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Like I said first world problems, if you think of how little this affects your life and how little others have it helps to put it in to perspective.
    I'm very lucky to be alive so little things like this don't bother me, every thing breaks down from time to time, be grateful it's just a game.

I have a very wide perspective also and try and not take all things too seriously, however lets not accept failure just because we live in great countries.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA don't get paid until the last day of the month, so they had to ask Activision for a loan so they could run the servers.
  • asittingduck

I have a very wide perspective also and try and not take all things too seriously, however lets not accept failure just because we live in great countries.

What failure? Things break down, simple fact of life, do you drive own a house? If you do things must have broken down, your car a boiler hell even a kettle. Amazon echo went down Christmas day because the servers were over loaded. So I just put on my CD player, simple as that
  • xpixelbullyx
    1643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What failure? Things break down, simple fact of life, do you drive own a house? If you do things must have broken down, your car a boiler hell even a kettle. Amazon echo went down Christmas day because the servers were over loaded. So I just put on my CD player, simple as that

Just because you accept it doesn't mean everyone else will have the same take. Little hard to grasp i get it but point still stands. You offer a free demo and all your games servers go down? Yeah, thats a fail. In any world. 1st, 2nd, 10th.

1st world problems. What cuz i don't eat mud cakes makes it just "oh, well could be worse i could be eating mud cakes"?
  • asittingduck

Just because you accept it doesn't mean everyone else will have the same take. Little hard to grasp i get it but point still stands. You offer a free demo and all your games servers go down? Yeah, thats a fail. In any world. 1st, 2nd, 10th.

1st world problems. What cuz i don't eat mud cakes makes it just "oh, well could be worse i could be eating mud cakes"?

Cuz wtf?
    I'm now guessing I'm talimi8toba millennial. So yes severs going down will be the end of the world to you, try to imagine a world without the internet or mobile phones.
    Anyway I'm getting bored now, it's great to hear that little issues like this are the worst thing for some people
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    Cheap scape´s EA , "will you recommend Origin to one of your freind´s" H.. NO , never.
    Problems with Origin is pretty much standard every week in different scales of stupidness.

This is the first server outage (or whatever it was) that I've experienced in BFV. Would you care to list the problems you've experienced with Origin "every week"? Or is this one of those posts that is long on passion, short on facts?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What is the correct context for blatant falsehoods like Origin is down more than it is working?

EA deserves to be criticized for many things, but that doesn't mean people can just make up nonsense like this without being called out for it.
  • xpixelbullyx

Cuz wtf?
    I'm now guessing I'm talimi8toba millennial. So yes severs going down will be the end of the world to you, try to imagine a world without the internet or mobile phones.
    Anyway I'm getting bored now, it's great to hear that little issues like this are the worst thing for some people

I'm "millennial" too, though don't identify as one.(?)

I never said it was end of the 6th version of the earth. I just stated some facts. I generally sling facts over feelings as i gets messy and feelings can't be proven. Fact is all ea servers were down including some of anthems. So posts about it were valid no matter how you view them or how they were articulated.

Plus tired of seeing people say "first world problems" while staring at a back lit screen. It provides as much substance as the one complaining.