The Battle for RSP

Rombibombii
573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited January 30
Hi everyone,

I'm HonorguyXNL and I represent Team Semper Fi on Social Media. Now this may sound like an advertisement for a bit but it is about RSP in general.

Last night we managed to get some community leaders/managers together and start a new front on the RSP battle in response to the news from Global Community Manager Dan Mitre. We want to show how much we care about RSP and how many people it would affect if RSP were not to come. We all understand that finances are a thing and so is the allocation of resources. However, we look at the bigger picture. RSP itself may cause a monetary loss but the overall profit may increase with RSP or at least this is how some of us see it.

Anyway, we've started a discord server for community leaders/managers (or clans or teams ofcourse) who want to join in on the battle for RSP. This is all about becoming a united front instead of dozens if not hundreds small teams/communities/clans etc fight for RSP seperately. We can achieve so much more if we were to combine our effort.

Since this discord is meant for a select group, the invitation goes directly.

You can contact the following clans/communities so far for an invite:

[SF] Team Semper Fi
[HL] Hardcore League
Phoenix AEL
EvdG
Battlefield Israel
[WBKS] WBKS (WaffenbrüderKässel) (i might just have butchered their name)
[Hex]Hexagon E-sports
[EASY]EASY Company
[stRS] staRS eSports gaming since 2003
[Fe] Feather Online Gaming
Bravo Foxtrot 30
Swedish Battlefield Alliance
Old Gents
Dads Army
[BoB]Band of Brothers
[BCL]Battlefield Champions League
[AMG] Alliance Multi Gaming
[SiC] [email protected]
[UP] UP-Community (Urban-Pirates)
[RNG] Rinnegati Italian Clan
[NOPa] NxOP Squadra Alpha
[ENG] =ENG= Clan
ZeroOneSix
[BMF] Battlefield Match Finder

(this list will be updated as time progresses and people join)
Post edited by Rombibombii on

Comments

• MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry there buddy but EA does not care. They will make some half **** posts on social media, saying that with a heavy hart they decided against it but eventually it is all in favor for the experience of the game! The entire live service concept of the game is in absolute opposition to a RSP and RSP failed hard in BF1.
  • krukan6
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Our organization HeXagon e-Sports (founded 2004) support this big time. We are based on the Battlefield series and have been around since Battlefield 2. We have played both competitive and casual and hosted online events like Bigwars, Nation Fights, Clan Cups and also our yearly HeXaLAN based on Battlefield.
    HeXagon e-Sports is one of the founders Swedish Battlefield Alliance who worked to bring the Swedish Battlefield players and organizations together with hosting events.

We need #RSP or other solutions so we can host servers for private play. Both for events and for competitive leagues/cups.

Please EA and DICE. Listen to your core players and bring back #RSP / dedicated private servers.

Thank you for reading this post!

Thomas 'krukan6' Kinell
    Founder of HeXagon e-Sports
    Member of #WheresOurRSP and Swedish Battlefield Alliance
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    784 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it that RSP servers are never going to be included, or is it that Dice are prioritising fixing the more broken aspects of the game and upcoming content first?

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is it that RSP servers are never going to be included, or is it that Dice are prioritising fixing the more broken aspects of the game and upcoming content first?

I doubt it's coming. When even Jackfrags, the apparent part of the "Deep State" of DICE is doubting it's coming, it's likely not. In that he did even make a good point, that given Mitre's comment about this, it shows it's not even in development right now.

So, that means not in development, and if it went into development say today, it could be several months before implemented.

My opinion, it's the "company coin" issue, in that rented servers is going make for a farming binge (or can make it so) for CC, and DICE wants that for revenue.
  • pebjesus
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jacks vid about RSP is quite good, good and honest.

Pat
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    pebjesus wrote: »

Pat

Well, as i said, he made good points, but i feel taking DICEs side a bit much. I mean, this is a multi billion dollar company. They can't give us this content?

I was over at Verdun, a game 5 or 6 years old, with a studio of six people, who just came out with a huge update, totally reinventing that game, that we're also getting on consoles. I understand DICEs CC cunundrum in how it would it play out with RSP. But why do they even care given the amount of money a company like that makes?

He also made a good point, the HE himself should follow, in that there may be "vocal" people, be it him, or reddit, or this forum. But that doesn't mean folks PLAY this stuff lol. Meaning, RSP folks may want it, but little others do out oof the whole BF playerbase.

It's almost like he must've been reading, what i've been saying here verbatum. Most folks go to work, come home, and play about an hour. They don't know about RSP, or even HC mode, or even many features, or even want the gameplay HE may want.

Most gamers are casual gamers, and idt they're liking this Hardcore like play that he, reddit and others may be an advocate of, but that's another subject.

However, knowing that, he should practice what he preaches at times in his rhetoric, and maybe he's going to start in realizing, many of us do not want our game to fit his mold.
  • ChiefSniper
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26
    "EA don't care". "Never gonna happen". "It's not coming". I have to laugh at all the pessimists, they plague every RSP thread. It was the same story with BF1. Anyway, we'll get RSP. Maybe not in the immediate future, but we'll get it. Just wait.
  • Rombibombii
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    List has been updated, in the meantime the set up discord has almost if not already doubled. We'll get there!
  • Rombibombii
    edited January 27

My opinion, it's the "company coin" issue, in that rented servers is going make for a farming binge (or can make it so) for CC, and DICE wants that for revenue.

I'm afraid this could actually be a legit thought, it never crossed my mind.

Though, in all fairness, boosting servers are against ToS but ToS was never followed by EA itself in previous titles.
  • SemperFi-Mantis
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I doubt it's coming. When even Jackfrags, the apparent part of the "Deep State" of DICE is doubting it's coming, it's likely not. In that he did even make a good point, that given Mitre's comment about this, it shows it's not even in development right now.

So, that means not in development, and if it went into development say today, it could be several months before implemented.

i'm sure people will farm Coins, assignments on RSP servers. but let this Live Service Tides Of War only be possible on Official Dice/EEA servers. so this can't be farmed/explioted. as i commented on JackFrags vid and yes he is really on point with it. (small copy past form the comment)

With you saying about the live service ‘Tides Of War’ and the assignments, earning weapons, company coins and cosmetics. Maybe only let this live service be on Official Dice/EA servers. This way it cannot be exploited or able to do assignments the easy way with friends.

I really hope that RSP will come in BF-V. The Battlefield community and those who want RSP need to form one big front on this and unit. the more people the better

#WheresOurRSP
  • Neox255
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really hope that RSP will come in BF-V. The Battlefield community and those who want RSP need to form one big front on this and unit. the more people the better

This ^^

#WheresOurRSP

• obisearch
    774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Pat

His argument would work if rsp hasn't been done for bf bc2, bf3 , 4 and one. Now their telling us in 2019 it's an issue. WTF??
  • ghost_shot128
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Neox255 wrote: »

This ^^

#WheresOurRSP

#WheresOurRSP
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    obisearch wrote: »

Pat

His argument would work if rsp hasn't been done for bf bc2, bf3 , 4 and one. Now their telling us in 2019 it's an issue. WTF??

But it does work. Because as he said, those games were released with support for RSP (ik it wasn't available in BF1 at launch but came shortly after). But because they were designed with that in mind, it worked. Battlefield V wasn't, and what's more, because of the live service / Tides of War model, I don't think it would work very well in terms of assignments, for the reasons Jack mentioned (you could set up scenarios in a rented server to complete assignments quicker, either for new ToW items, weapon skins, infantry cosmetics, chapter XP, and just company coin). So do you just disable assignments and company coin earning on these servers? Is this not just going to discourage casual players (who probably form a large portion of the playerbase, like 75%) who just want to hop in a quick match, unlock some stuff, earn company coin and jus have some fun, from using the service?
    Not to mention some of the gameplay restrictions that Admin's would put in place, like banning certain weapons with no notification so you got kicked for using them, and also just kicking you if you killed them.
    I think a solution could be private servers, at least for the side of RSP which revolves around clan/competitive gaming, creating cinematic content and exploring maps. These private servers could have custom settings for player count, gamemode, classes/weapons allowed, etc but only be active whilst the host player/owner is in the game - a fairly standard private server system. Obviously it's not a full replacement for RSP, but it does help clans who want to play together/competitively which I think is one of the main parts of the playerbase who actively wants RSP. Thoughts?
  • ESF-Snip
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Possible work around for RSP

What if we had an option to play on EA servers or rented servers?
    This might be a solution to both partys in volved. What if we had the option
    to pay to play on rented servers? Now I know we pay enough for this game already
    but as a BF community member, I would be will to pay on a rented server in a heart beat.

This is what I was thinking. You have the option to pay like 7.00 a year for playing on
    any rented server (premium members would get this free) or play on a EA server. What this
    would do is keep the BF community together and grow, we could have our competitive teams
    playing matches, Dice would get the money they need to set up these servers. All we would
    need is the tools like procon to run these servers the way we need too. Now it might be to
    late to set this up for BF5 but Im looking at the next Battlefield. With out rented servers,
    the BFcommunity as we know it will die and I dont want to see that happen. I think this
    would work for all of us.

• TheEvilPi
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 27
    This whole thing is a cheap excuse to maximize monetanization. If they would offer a system they had back in BF4 and prior, where they had certified hosters that offered private servers / community drive servers, this would cost them 0 and in return let them make some extra money, but they want to go either full in (like they did with BF1, owning the servers or at least having an exclusive lease on the offered servers) or abandong RSP alltogether.

I am sick of having EA telling me what team to join and with whom I have to play. I mean honestly, they are even unable to fix the joining mechanism. Since release I played probably less than 50h with friends because it´s almost impossible to join them. Once they are in a squad its over - " Error, Squad full, can not join". No, we have to tell them to leave the squad and invite just to get on the same servers. This game should be scrapped and the money refunded - that would fix most of the issues.

Back when BF was still worth it they took their time to offer a decent game, continouus content and some content upgrades, paired with a great interface (remembers Battlelog?) and allow me to customize most of the game.
    Now it´s no custom servers, so if I am sick of snipers and planes....well, bad luck if you want to play Conquest then because there are no servers with different rules.
    That all is topped with the lousy interface (Squad Spawn - really?!) and the ton of bugs that don´t get fixed. I don´t understand why they can´t just take BF4 source and put that into the new engine, tuning and skinng and be done. Or take BF1 and skin it slighlty and be done. No...complete re-write with a ton of new bugs.

Private Servers would at least keep me in the game because I could play with friends and not have tons of noobs shoved into my team just to hear "how do I jump" and "which key on my controller is for the map" (on a PC server).
  • Jaskaman
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you everyone for joining this "Battle for RSP".
    This is so important thing to Battlefield clans/communities and it's a basics of Battlefield gaming. As with other clans/communities, our Community is based on Battlefield and having servers with it.
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    #WheresOurRSP
  • Hadron301
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    #WheresOurRSP