Weekly BF

2 months in, Would you pay for Seperate Map content?

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I feel DICE have an opportunity to make some additional dough.

Game has began to settle down. I for one, on top of this live service, would absolutely be happy to pay for map packs. Hell if they want to release a £29.99 premium I’d snap it up!

Who else would now happily pay for extra map content ?

Comments

• frankie1986145
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would for sure
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    We were saying this when people were cryharding about premium over the years.

Thanks cryharders.

It’s a hard balance.. I for one was happy with premium, but again hardly anyone played the DLC maps.. I am wondering what the magic formula is..
  • Siiiiimi
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26
    Live service is the better model. Problem is DICE/EA are dimwits at implementing it.
    Post edited by Siiiiimi on
  • V1kingH4mster
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hahahahaha so in the last 5 years people have been complaining about paying for content and as soon as EA back down and say ok we are going for a live service people complain about no content lol. people need to rethink what they really want ether a split community on maps no one will play on ,or a full community with less maps but more players meaning less issues finding full games.personally i would prefer the live service as it keeps players in the maps and games full
  • BaconRebellion
    2440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hahaha I knew this was gonna happen when DICE said they were getting rid of premium. We are never going to get the same amount of content through live service as we got with premium. By March we will have gotten 2 new maps for BF V while by March of 2017 we had 4 new maps for BF 1.
  • Trokey66
    8525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hahahahaha so in the last 5 years people have been complaining about paying for content and as soon as EA back down and say ok we are going for a live service people complain about no content lol. people need to rethink what they really want ether a split community on maps no one will play on ,or a full community with less maps but more players meaning less issues finding full games.personally i would prefer the live service as it keeps players in the maps and games full

Until all players play the same map on the same mode on the same server on the same platform, the 'community' will always be split. This argument is simply Gentleman's dangly bits for not wanting to pay for extra content.

I recognise most of the 'pro premium' guys in this thread as arguing against its removal in pretty much every 'get rid......' thread prior to BFV.

We reserve the right to be able to so "Told you so......"

That said, cash based micro transactions haven't begun yet so perhaps, once they do, the Live Service might pick up.

I will withhold final judgement until Tides of War has fully played out but early signs are not that encouraging.
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing I would ever pay more money for for this game is RSP.
  • Noodlesocks
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. There are more effective ways of funding a game post release that retains the inclusive necessity of multiplayer gaming.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I didnt even pay for BF 5, and no way I would spend more on anything extra until core function is addressed. And I have had premium every other title. After BF 1 i stopped pre ordering, and i dont regret it lol.

fact is the game is bleeding players,i bet the ttk "fix" was actually marketing to retain players unfamiliar with the franchise.

so not only are the core base players turned off, but the fortnite/royale nich gamers also dont want anything to do with it.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Siiiiimi wrote: »
    Live service is the better model. Problem is DICE/EA are dimwits at implementing it.

Which is why it is in fact NOT the better model. Also- historical war games make zero sense for the “skins and emotes funding ongoing development” idea.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 26
    I barely played half the DLC maps in BF3 and BF4 because it was hard to consistently find populated servers with them a few months after they came out. I don't mind paying for maps but I do mind paying for maps I don't play on. I prefer the method in BFV.

You cheapos are the ones to blame for this garbage. You PREFER basically nothing is what you are talking about.

This is why Dice needs to listen to none of these kids and wah babies that cry over a premium pass.

BFV is a horror show and like Star Wars there will hardly be any content lol.

I prefer BFV guys! What a horrible opinion.

Do you prefer 12 maps or 30 lol? I prefer 12 guyz!
  • BaconRebellion
    2440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    We were saying this when people were cryharding about premium over the years.

Thanks cryharders.

It’s a hard balance.. I for one was happy with premium, but again hardly anyone played the DLC maps.. I am wondering what the magic formula is..

I had no problem finding populated servers running DLC maps in BF3 or BF4, and in the case of BF4 some of the DLC maps were among my favorites. I never understood the problem--you can afford a PC good enough to run BF, you can afford the game, but you can't afford another fifty bucks for Premium which gets you twenty more maps and all kind of weapons and vehicles? That's a XL pizza and a six-pack of beer. Or look at it like this, Premium almost doubled the price of the game, but tripled the content, how is that anything but a good deal?

Next time I hope EA announces that BF6 is $100, in effect everyone gets Premium, and the game launches with ten maps with 20 more to be released four at a time over two years. There will be deafening cries from the usual suspects that a hundred bucks for a game is insane (some of them dumb enough to have bought BFV Deluxe) and they'll never pay that--and then for two years we'll see them here moaning and crying over anything they can think of to complain about. And if EA wants to sell silly skins to players interested in that, okay, and I bet some of the Whinebots go for that too, then they'll complain about it. And life goes on....

While Im fine with this idea and have tossed it out myself it will never be accepted really. Players already complain that the live service dlc should have been included in the main game and that since they already paid for the game they shouldnt have to do assignments to get guns they feel they paid for. Those same players will complain that all the dlc they are getting in your model should have already been in the game at launch. After all they paid $100 for the game, all the dlc should have already been in the game.

Thats what I see happening. Regardless of what DICE does they wont be able to win.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    I barely played half the DLC maps in BF3 and BF4 because it was hard to consistently find populated servers with them a few months after they came out. I don't mind paying for maps but I do mind paying for maps I don't play on. I prefer the method in BFV.

You cheapos are the ones to blame for this garbage. You PREFER basically nothing is what you are talking about.

This is why Dice needs to listen to none of these kids and wah babies that cry over a premium pass.

BFV is a horror show and like like Star Wars there will hardly be any content lol.

I prefer BFV guys! What a horrible opinion.

the development plan for BF 5 had nothing to do with the community and more to do with DICE trying to appeal to the niche battle royale crowds that are spending millions on the same type of game and release system. hence battle royales and chrome/gold guns. you sound brand new

either way, DICE will DICE. low player counts, low sales, and even less being retained and its clear why BF 5 was only meant to be a 2 year title and not multi year like BF 4 and previous