Weekly BF

Respawn invulnerability

TFBisquit
1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Sadly lacking in this edition.
Had it multiple times now when spawning in a supposed safe zone, with multiple teammates, and dying in a tenth of a second.
You can't spawn on your squad if they are in combat, but when you can, I don't expect to die without even materialize.
For those not knowing, respawn invulnerability is an old concept that lets you spawn and have a couple of seconds to get your bearings and duck for cover.
In BF3 Dice had a half baked solution, which was better than nothing. I suppose they never get to the level of raven software back in the sof2 days.

Comments

• zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same; very annoying to spawn & instantly die.
  • CSO7777
    1287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn protection is a difficult thing to implement without it giving some issues and I actually think it's better not to implement spawn protection.

But, the spawning in BFV is not good. This has plaqued older BF-titles and has improved a lot (BF4 is awful). I think BF1 had spawn-issues, but BFV is not better, perhaps even worse than BF1.

Spawning on contested flags are so bad, it often puts you in situations that are totally hopeless. Or you spawn on a flag not contested, and the enemy comes running into the flag, just where you spawned and you get killed within seconds. It should be possible to do it much better than now.

But with all the issues in the game, spawning is probably not high on their list of things to fix.
  • ProllyAFish
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mixed feelings honestly. I don't like dying instantly when I spawn, no one does, but I also don't like getting killed by invincible players. If you choose your spawn points correctly you shouldn't really being dying instantly TOO often. I only play breakthrough and grand ops where spawning in isn't as much of a crap shoot as it is in conquest, maybe go that route?

I do think it's stupid that you're completely vulnerable when parachuting in on airborne grand ops. Band of Brothers was cool, I agree DICE, but I rarely see anybody use the air plane to parachute behind enemy lines like they intended. When I do, they die instantly so it kind of makes me wonder what the whole point of it is.
  • TFBisquit
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, had it only at grand operations. And I agree that it doesn't have to happen often.
  • 9IronKiller
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5 secs of invulnerability would be ok if your weapon was not able to fire for the same length of time......no super soldiers thanks
  • Cerben1
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no ty i dont like this at all its always bugs and other stuff no super solders pl
  • TFBisquit
    No super soldiers. Fire one bullet and it ends. This is a basic concept that exsists for a long time now.
    Well, I don't care, it is just something I noticed which could help ducking for cover when respawning. Especially if someone is shooting at the base spawn, or you spawn on top of a vehicle getting one shotted immidiately.
    But as I said, Dice can't or wont make such a mechanic.