Snipers ARE overpowered

RedBadger93
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
EA, do something about the overpowered snipers in this game. Literally the whole opposing team is sniping. That speaks for it self as proof of it. It's bad enough you got level 50 fighting basically newbies. This game is a joke.

Comments

• full951
    2119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    not really. imo there needs to be a one hit kill range added for bolt actions. and better gadgets like dynamyte. otherwise it's a rather anemic class. some maps and modes do have sections where snipers get their range with an overview of the objectives.. can't really fault players for taking advantage of the one advantage the class has. give Recon different primary weapons too.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just limit recons to about 7 or 8 per team, so we don't see like 16 people sniping (which i have seen quite a few times, especially in Grand Ops/Breakthrough) because that's either really cancerous for the team on the receiving end or just down right useless if the people sniping can't aim for shizzle.
  • full951
    2119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do agree with the sniper limit. but it's a hard sell. it's hard to argue when we all paid for it and we wanna play how we want to play. I can only suggest to look at how Insurgency does it. they have a sniper limit and it works great
  • parkingbrake
    2436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I do agree with the sniper limit. but it's a hard sell. it's hard to argue when we all paid for it and we wanna play how we want to play. I can only suggest to look at how Insurgency does it. they have a sniper limit and it works great

I always like the other team to have as many "snipers" as possible as that makes it less likely they will win. Now Recons are another matter, they can really help their team, but snipers are just baggage.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Limiting the number of recons per team would be smart but that class does not need a nerf

This is only our wet dreams... Dice will never do class limit. Btw it works perfectly in Red Orchestra 2 for example. Lets hope that they will allow custom servers, i would like to see servers with forbidden sniper class at all, or atleast do not allow to use 3+ zoom optics.
  • iron_site_sniper
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I always like the other team to have as many "snipers" as possible as that makes it less likely they will win. Now Recons are another matter, they can really help their team, but snipers are just baggage.[/quote]

Lol, you are still playing to win?
  • Hawxxeye
    4147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    If snipers only would use the spotting scope they would be the MVP.
    I'm beginning to use the Belheim spotting camera and it really makes a difference for ground.
    I used the flare constantly while defending in Rotterdam conquest.
    By the time that we won I had made so many points by flare spotting that I had the second highest score in the lobby 13k points with only 1 kill and 4-5 deaths.
    The only one higher than me was my squad-mate friend who was taking the most advantage of my flares.
  • SirBobdk
    3554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Hawxxeye wrote
    The only one higher than me was my squad-mate friend who was taking the most advantage of my flares.
    Yaa amazing hov many points you cant get and at the same time really helping your team.
    Have the same in the Belheim. Getting 15K almost every game just be using the Spotting camera.
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA, do something about the overpowered snipers in this game. Literally the whole opposing team is sniping. That speaks for it self as proof of it. It's bad enough you got level 50 fighting basically newbies. This game is a joke.

if you think snipers are bad? try assult having sniper rifles.

it's f'n ridiculous.
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nerf all the snipers. Force them to be prone and laying still to be able to ADS!
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Limiting the number of recons per team would be smart but that class does not need a nerf

Thank God, that won't happen.
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All I know is I get domed far more often in this game than I ever did in BF3/4 even 1. Past games you felt shots whiz by and had an idea of where it was coming from.

I'm all for a class limit. But it has to be across the board. If you're limiting snipers you also need to limit assault, supports and medics!
  • CaptHotah
    942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The more snipers in the enemy team the better. Easy win everytime.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon is the worst class imo.