Give the grenade rifle launcher to Medic Class

thebossman2202
401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I think this a needed buff for several reasons.
1.Gives them the ability to destory fortification quicker
2.Gives them the choice of having 3 smokes and a grenade/ 3 grenades and 2 smokes/ or 5 smokes. This will make the medic class play differently thanks to each setup
3. Grenade rifle (IMO) does not belong in the assault class. With the dynamite, PIAT, Panzer, and AT mines, I think a greanade launcher is unneccsary.

This would be a great buff to the medic class AND we would no longer need buffs to the smgs. I think all the medic class needs now is a new weapon class( Carbines not DMRS)

Thoughts?

Comments

• VolatileHunter
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO Giving them some of the semi auto rifles would be enough.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Gewehr 1-5 and M1a1 carbine should have been medic weapons from the beginning. Dice had ample time after the alpha when it was learned medics would lose the dmrs. They had a bunch of feedback that range was going to be a major issue and dice could have given us just one of those it would have fixed so many issues. Instead we are coming up on three months and the issue is still yet to be resolved.

As for the smgs. The balance is still awful. You have an assault dmr that fires 450 rpm, holds its max damage infinitely, has a 3x scope, fast bullet velocity, and be specced for hipfire. Yet my slow firing SMG can only hold its max damage 10 meters and will drop off 4 times to the point I need 8 bullets at anything past 70 meters.The Chauchat that is coming will keep its 3 btk max damage out to 50 meters, but asking for a SMG to hold its max damage for 20 meters is a no go for some reason.

As for the frag launcher I honestly wouldn't use it. First dice will nerf it into the ground since it wouldn't be an assault gadget anymore. Secondly smokes are just too valuable to give up, even though getting killed smoke is a too common of a thing right now, you really need them on the vast majority of revives.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the idea to buff medics a bit but I for 1 wouldn't trade my smokes for anything...well maybe a Semi or Assault rifle :smile:
  • thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    The Gewehr 1-5 and M1a1 carbine should have been medic weapons from the beginning. Dice had ample time after the alpha when it was learned medics would lose the dmrs. They had a bunch of feedback that range was going to be a major issue and dice could have given us just one of those it would have fixed so many issues. Instead we are coming up on three months and the issue is still yet to be resolved.

As for the smgs. The balance is still awful. You have an assault dmr that fires 450 rpm, holds its max damage infinitely, has a 3x scope, fast bullet velocity, and be specced for hipfire. Yet my slow firing SMG can only hold its max damage 10 meters and will drop off 4 times to the point I need 8 bullets at anything past 70 meters.The Chauchat that is coming will keep its 3 btk max damage out to 50 meters, but asking for a SMG to hold its max damage for 20 meters is a no go for some reason.

As for the frag launcher I honestly wouldn't use it. First dice will nerf it into the ground since it wouldn't be an assault gadget anymore. Secondly smokes are just too valuable to give up, even though getting killed smoke is a too common of a thing right now, you really need them on the vast majority of revives.

But forget you have smoke grenades and it gives you an option insted of always using the smoke grenade rifle. Also SMG's are the goat IMO. The new SMG is a literal laser and the MP40 is still reliable. The Suomi and the Thompson are even are accuarate ads which helps out with close engagments. Also alot of people dont want the camping medics from battlefield 1. The M1A1 and GEWHER already make the assault class OP(and campers) so it would just have the same effect on medics in BFV.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I never saw camping medics in BF1.
  • thebossman2202

Well dang son we play two different games
  • bran1986

Well dang son we play two different games

Apparently.
  • Noodlesocks
    3612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO Giving them some of the semi auto rifles would be enough.

I'd be happy with bolt action carbines (along with a Bolt action rifle buff to differentiate the two)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think this a needed buff for several reasons.
    1.Gives them the ability to destory fortification quicker
    2.Gives them the choice of having 3 smokes and a grenade/ 3 grenades and 2 smokes/ or 5 smokes. This will make the medic class play differently thanks to each setup
    3. Grenade rifle (IMO) does not belong in the assault class. With the dynamite, PIAT, Panzer, and AT mines, I think a greanade launcher is unneccsary.

This would be a great buff to the medic class AND we would no longer need buffs to the smgs. I think all the medic class needs now is a new weapon class( Carbines not DMRS)

Thoughts?

That's actually not a bad idea. Five shots, three smoke and two frag seems reasonable. Of course the Assaults will want the smoke launcher in return, not sure I'd give it to them, maybe only if they lost AT mines too. Yeah, good idea, I like it.