Weapon balance continues to be a joke with assault's overpowered semi-automatic rifles

Comments

• WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    These things need a huge nerf, in terms of recoil and/or damage. They are plaguing the game and ruining any attempt at balance. They have been very obviously the best guns for a while now, as their range and damage over distance is far too accurate and high. Something needs to be done about these weapons.
    Agree 100%! Nerf them into the ground! And then buff recon SLRs, and game will be fine!
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just come out with ""BF Casual" servers, and nerf everything on those servers by half. That'll take care of these "everything is OP" threads (not to mention, solve the mass camping problems).
  • TFBisquit
    1327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LoL, people write complete essays, and then believe Dice actually reads them and do something with it.
    Never seen so many wannabee developers as in the BF community.
    Nerf this, buff that, now listen to me, ...lol.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    LoL, people write complete essays, and then believe Dice actually reads them and do something with it.
    Never seen so many wannabee developers as in the BF community.
    Nerf this, buff that, now listen to me, ...lol.

firstly if you make an actual argument ppl can understand your view on things
    secondly if you want change you must make an effort
    thirdly if enough ppl keep saying something DICE will eventually listen based on sheer community-pressure and to achieve that you must make an argument that can be convincing and or worked upon
  • JedMosley81
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove the 3x sights from any weapons not Recon, and give a buff to the Recon SLRs (cause they are trash) and done. No need to nerf the stats of the semis, cause then they will end up being smashed by every LMG and full auto AR at mid range
  • CSO7777
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BF4 the DMRs were good but still not worth it most of the time.

In BF1 people complained about medics having only mid/long-range weapons.

People always complain about snipers.

Nerfing DMRs will make them unattractive and change the game fundamentally, that will probably not be good for the game overall.

Dice has probably found the best balance in BFV. The average player will not outgun an AR or an LMG in CQC with an DMR. A good sniper will kill an assault-player with a DMR on medium/long range.

The bulletspeed of sniper-rifles is a joke, I think buffing recons (just a little) would be a good for the game and perhaps remove some of the complaints about DMRs.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the damage model is fine but I agree there should be much more recoil, especially if fired quickly. The recoil should get worse as you fire. Right now, I can fire say the Turner SMLE pretty darn fast and still hit all the shots with zero attempt at controlling the recoil as long as I start low enough on the body.
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TL;DR

Theres still **** on the internet saying this. God I hate these people.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maybe we need to reintroduce higher horizontal recoil onto them and highly punish the META of ADAD dancing with them
    1. Higher Horizontal recoil with a high multiplier for spam fire
    2. reduced movement-speed while ADS
    3. removal of 3x scopes or rework them to 2x scopes

Reworking the entire class-balance is still necessary as far as i am concerned. Assault is just too powerful in BFV
    The ARs are more effective then any comparable gun on any range. the semi-autos also outclass everything outside extreme CQC (0-10m) and there sheer amout of explosives is ludicrous at best and down right broken at worst. i mean the average assault pick-rate on my servers on PC varies between 45-60% that just shows how blatantly underpowered the rest of the classes are in the game. They are quite frankly not worth the bother for many players apparently (medic and scout being hit hardest by it)
    so how would i go about it beyond what has been stated above?
    1. Reworking the entire class balance.

Semi-autos become shared between medic and assault or at least the Turer-SMLE, Gewehr 1-5, M1A1
    Shotguns become shared with Assault and support and re balanced so they can i tab you beyond 10-15m at best
    Some SMGs like the STen and MP40 become accessible to Scout
    ARs become higher horizontal recoil to not make them laserbeams
    3x Scopes are now only accessible by scout and retain their glint
    former 3x Scopes now are 2x Scopes (but the model can stay for all i care as to not make CC-purchases redundant)
    assault looses access to dynamite and gets shifted to either medic or scout (to let them have any means of engaging a tank or campers in buildings)
    splash DMG of launcers (i.E Panzerfaust,PIAT,Frag-launcher) gets reduced and only remain 1 hit kills if hit directly on the chest
    if medic's self-heal turns out to be too strong whith some access to these few semi-autos it can still be balanced afterwords.(i personally dont think it will turn out to be that but they could put a charge on it so you can do it like 2x in a row and after that it recharges for 5-10 seconds just an idea)

2. map design must be reworked i.E more hard cover on the more open maps to make flanking more prominent and give players crossing said open ground a change to duck behind something
    3. rebalancing AA vs. aircraft firepower
    4. Rebalancing AA-tanks against infantry
    5. Rebalancing light tanks to not soak up 3 Panzerfaust hits with indifference making them more of a hit and run glass-canon and reducing the tank-snipers on some maps so they are somewhat forced to close the distant
    6. pre-scattered AT-guns on maps baceause 75% of the palyers either dont bother or care to two AT/AA around and it is really a bad system at best having them face in the wrong angle 75% of the time as well
    7. lower HS-hitbox because HS are just a bit too easy to achieve making siper-bullets even more noticable
    8. General net-code fix (i cant believe it took DICE 3+ months and still counting to get rid of that)
    9. cracking down on the balancing issues in general and improving the next to unnoticeable anti-cheat systems
    10. maybe reworking the medic-revive animation to them having none (this is optionali dont mind the animation if it gets less jarring to trigger i.E you need to stand at the exact right spot in the exact right angle for it to trigger.....

Feel free to put in some constructive criticism with arguments and ideas for improving
    this is my take on a needed rework

Ok a couple things:

Trying to make semi auto weapons cqc only is counter productive. People don't clear rooms with DMRs, they use SMGs and shotguns. In fact, DMRs are already OP in cqc, and need a massive nerf. SMGs are losing to them simply becuase DMRs suffer zero accuracy penalty.

And that's the issue. If you had to be stationary to hit targets, like with recon weapons, they'd be specialized, not all purpose. Then, the run and gun assualts would use ARs, and the sniper assualts would stay in the back like they should, except now recon would actually have a chance to hit them, so it wouldn't be plain sailing.

Also, no more stupid comments about sniper medics. No. Just no. No one wanted them in bf1, so cut it out here. I like that if someone picks medic now, they do there actual job. Personally, ARs would be a logical choice if you wanted more range lol, but whatever, hypocrit.

Right, rant out of the way. Everything else seems fine. I will add though just fix ADAD spam in general. They fixed it in bf1, and they should of just learned there lesson. Fix it dice!
  • nikon56
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just need to buff everything else. Everything feels so weak in this game.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the network code, as some days my weapons feel deadly as heck, and the next day they feel unusually weak and spongy.

i feel the same but to me it has more to do with the server you land on.

since the game release i almost always play with friends in squad of 3 / 4, and the conclusion is, for us, simple.

there are "bad" and "good" servers.

every time we play, we start on servers that makes the weapons feel, as you described, wonky / spongy. for all of us. so we leave, and relaunch MM and after a few "server hoping" we land on a server that feels "ok" from there we can play all night long on said server and we don't have the wonky / weak weapons. shall we change server for a reason or another then it will often feel bad again until we hop on a "good" server.

nothing to do with our hardware or location or connexion, we all have very good connexion / ping (below 25 ping and 100Mb/s Bw or above), and from various EU country. and when it feels "wrong" we all feel it, when it feels "right" we all feel it. so imao, definitely a server side issue of some kind.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    In BF4 the DMRs were good but still not worth it most of the time.

In BF1 people complained about medics having only mid/long-range weapons.

People always complain about snipers.

Nerfing DMRs will make them unattractive and change the game fundamentally, that will probably not be good for the game overall.

Dice has probably found the best balance in BFV. The average player will not outgun an AR or an LMG in CQC with an DMR. A good sniper will kill an assault-player with a DMR on medium/long range.

The bulletspeed of sniper-rifles is a joke, I think buffing recons (just a little) would be a good for the game and perhaps remove some of the complaints about DMRs.

This is the worst balanced BF game I have ever played (between weapon and class balance) and I have put thousands of hours collectively into this franchise since BF2...
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the damage model is fine but I agree there should be much more recoil, especially if fired quickly. The recoil should get worse as you fire. Right now, I can fire say the Turner SMLE pretty darn fast and still hit all the shots with zero attempt at controlling the recoil as long as I start low enough on the body.

Correct, simply spamming the weapon should not result in you getting rewarded with pinpoint accuracy. I see people miss 10 shots with their gun and still get the kill just because are spamming at nearly any distance. DICE nerfed some of them very slightly, but they have a long way to go as they are still INSANELY overpowered
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Semi auto rifles need to never be able to 2 shot people. Reduce the headshot multiplier so I dont die as fast as getting shot by a Thompson but at 50m.
  • 0SiGHT0
    edited January 29
    Semi auto rifles need to never be able to 2 shot people. Reduce the headshot multiplier so I dont die as fast as getting shot by a Thompson but at 50m.

Yes, they can start by making it a 3 shot kill no matter what and then increase the recoil substantially so you can't spam 20-30 bullets with no penalty.

It's not like my suggestions come out of thin air. I have only played Battlefield for a collective 3000 to 4000 hours and have watched this franchise been developed into the toilet for the past few years. It's a shock that changing things for the worse stands out like a sore thumb in every aspect.
  • GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use an M1A1 and there is another side of the story. I found in squad conquest where the range of engagement is very close on certain maps, my M1A1 is worthless compared to the faster assault rifles and SMGs. The M1A1 has a sweet spot like lots of weapons. I played against a team with a Medic who was amazing with his ZK SMG. I dont think it is overpowered, I think he was really good at navitgating the map to his advantage.
  • Kunstula
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you give semi-auto rifles higher muzzle velocity than SLR's (and even bolt action rifles) while also giving them minimal recoil, then they become superior at long range. It's just strange how many community members understand this very simple logic, yet the gun balance person at DICE doesn't.
  • Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    If you give semi-auto rifles higher muzzle velocity than SLR's (and even bolt action rifles) while also giving them minimal recoil, then they become superior at long range. It's just strange how many community members understand this very simple logic, yet the gun balance person at DICE doesn't.

Dice doesnt understand even the simplest things. I am not even suprised, write anything about the fact that assault is op on reddt and you will be treated like trash by this band of kids. And everyone knows that Dice only listens reddit community.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nailed it. Unless one is great at head shots there is far less a reason to run recon than ever before. Bad game design but so is making a class on a broken b-pod system, then giving 2 that work to other classes!!!?? What....
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am pretty sure they dont need a nerfing into the ground as some suggest, some adjusting to recoil and maybe try to turn down the adad spam potential.
  • 0SiGHT0
    I am pretty sure they dont need a nerfing into the ground as some suggest, some adjusting to recoil and maybe try to turn down the adad spam potential.

I mean, I'm not necessarily advocating for that but I wouldn't be at all against it. The semi-autos remove any attempt at weapon balance and nearly they eliminate any gun skill needed to use them. They have the highest and simplest kill distance, and they reward poor aim and accuracy.