Weapon balance continues to be a joke with assault's overpowered semi-automatic rifles

13»

Comments

  • GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    If you give semi-auto rifles higher muzzle velocity than SLR's (and even bolt action rifles) while also giving them minimal recoil, then they become superior at long range. It's just strange how many community members understand this very simple logic, yet the gun balance person at DICE doesn't.

    I disagree. I use a M1A1 and a sniper can kill me in 1 shot but it will take me up to 3 shots to kill the sniper. They also have a better scope to kill me with.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GirlMisfit wrote: »
    Kunstula wrote: »
    If you give semi-auto rifles higher muzzle velocity than SLR's (and even bolt action rifles) while also giving them minimal recoil, then they become superior at long range. It's just strange how many community members understand this very simple logic, yet the gun balance person at DICE doesn't.

    I disagree. I use a M1A1 and a sniper can kill me in 1 shot but it will take me up to 3 shots to kill the sniper. They also have a better scope to kill me with.

    The difference is you can use the M1A1 while you're swaying back and forth, can miss shots without penalty while the bolt action has only one shot and must hit you in the head. The semi's regularly outgun snipers and that shouldn't be the case, I do it all the time.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The issue I am seeing is people using macros to make these guns automatic and zero is being done about it.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    The issue I am seeing is people using macros to make these guns automatic and zero is being done about it.

    That is an entirely different conversation, cheating is rampant on the PC. But you don't even need macros with these weapons that how easy they are to use and manage their "recoil".
  • k12320593v
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’d say that lowering the AT capability of assault class would be a win win; the tanks suck now due to being ineffective against infantry and vulnerable to infantry AT weapons. Reducing the maximum ammo of piat and panzefaust to 2 sounds reasonable to me.

    In terms of weapon balancing, as the assault class can neither heal them themselves like the medics do not replenish ammo like supports, ie lower duration and require more support from teammates, it’s something like fair to me that they have a better overall firepower compared to other classes; their role in this game imo is sort of DPS and they’re supposed to outfire other supportive classes.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    k12320593v wrote: »
    I’d say that lowering the AT capability of assault class would be a win win; the tanks suck now due to being ineffective against infantry and vulnerable to infantry AT weapons. Reducing the maximum ammo of piat and panzefaust to 2 sounds reasonable to me.

    In terms of weapon balancing, as the assault class can neither heal them themselves like the medics do not replenish ammo like supports, ie lower duration and require more support from teammates, it’s something like fair to me that they have a better overall firepower compared to other classes; their role in this game imo is sort of DPS and they’re supposed to outfire other supportive classes.

    The problem is their "attrition" system is a total failure and doesn't impact the player as much as they had hoped. They shouldn't have a subset of weapons that completely dominate everything in the game.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    k12320593v wrote: »
    I’d say that lowering the AT capability of assault class would be a win win; the tanks suck now due to being ineffective against infantry and vulnerable to infantry AT weapons. Reducing the maximum ammo of piat and panzefaust to 2 sounds reasonable to me.

    In terms of weapon balancing, as the assault class can neither heal them themselves like the medics do not replenish ammo like supports, ie lower duration and require more support from teammates, it’s something like fair to me that they have a better overall firepower compared to other classes; their role in this game imo is sort of DPS and they’re supposed to outfire other supportive classes.
    No! You are wrong!
  • joachimeberhard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree.

    Assault is OP compared to the other classes.
Sign In or Register to comment.