Battlefield app with voting for in game changes

stringy82
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Imagine if everyone had an app on their phone and dice could introduce polls on proposed changes to get direct feedback

Comments

• superteds
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    yes, just imagine how handing game changes from designers (who are paid to do this) to the general public would work.

(it wouldn't - just look at this forum for example - X is OP, NO Y IS OP)

this is probably one of the worst suggestions i've seen.
  • stringy82
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 28
    superteds wrote: »
    yes, just imagine how handing game changes from designers (who are paid to do this) to the general public would work.

Can’t understand why you gotta be so negative, take the ttk issue awhile back it was a bunch of ppl being cheerleaders trying to make the most noise for the direction the game should go, it would’ve been better to have a poll and a user friendly app to get accurate feedback how the whole community feels as opposed to to listening to the minority of the community that gets on these forums, most ppl don’t get on here and make posts and then trying to read them and figure out how strongly the community feels on a issue can be tricky, is it just a few players being salty making a bunch of noise for something that shouldn’t even be changed? A more direct way to get feedback is polling now you have accurate numbers on how the community feels after all everyone gets one vote, voting has been a great American past time like baseball lol
  • superteds
    1097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's only negative i guess if it annoys you that i don't like your idea - i don't. the first page of the forum is evidence enough of how people have wildly differing views (often based solely on what killed them last...) and you want to widen that range of feedback by about 100 times? Christ no.

People are employed and paid to be game devs for a reason, i'd argue half of the problems games have nowadays is the twitterati and YT's whipping up too much influence on what a game dev has to do. leave them to design the game they wanted, not what you wanted.
  • stringy82
    edited January 28
    Well this is the point of this whole forum to get feedback from the community and makes changes so according to you maybe they should just scrap this forum and operate in the complete dark about what their customers actually want, I’m simply proposing a more accurate way to get feedback like you stated someone makes a post about how op something is so he gets on here and types up an essay, but is it actually a problem? some ppl will disagree with him so as a developer your looking at a debate looking at what both sides are arguing for which is good to understand the why but you don’t have the numbers on how many ppl think it’s an issue that needs addressing or not. Whether you like it or not this forum exists for a reason so the developers see what the community thinks and they certainly dont have to take our advice but will certainly take our opinions into consideration
  • superteds
    stringy82 wrote: »
    Well this is the point of this whole forum to get feedback from the community and makes changes so according to you maybe they should just scrap this forum and operate in the complete dark about what their customers actually want, I’m simply proposing a more accurate way to get feedback like you stated someone makes a post about how op something is so he gets on here and types up an essay, but is it actually a problem? some ppl will disagree with him so as a developer your looking at a debate looking at what both sides are arguing for which is good to understand the why but you don’t have the numbers on how many ppl think it’s an issue that needs addressing or not. Whether you like it or not this forum exists for a reason so the developers see what the community thinks and they certainly dont have to take our advice but will certainly take our opinions into consideration

as i said;

'People are employed and paid to be game devs for a reason, i'd argue half of the problems games have nowadays is the twitterati and YT's whipping up too much influence on what a game dev has to do. leave them to design the game they wanted, not what you wanted.'

you're talking about going from a handful of people here on the forum and people on twitter and youtube having input - and getting very vocally upset about when they don't get what they want - to potentially every player of the game. there is already enough distraction for devs imo.

by all means give input here (and don't get salty when people disagree), but devs shouldn't feel like they have to be reactionary all the time.
  • superteds
    tell you what - you're basically looking for democratization of design, and as you used the US as an example - look into the M2 Bradley programme and watch the movie 'The Pentagon Wars' - too many cooks spoil the broth.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    superteds wrote: »

Can’t understand why you gotta be so negative, take the ttk issue awhile back it was a bunch of ppl being cheerleaders trying to make the most noise for the direction the game should go, it would’ve been better to have a poll and a user friendly app to get accurate feedback how the whole community feels as opposed to to listening to the minority of the community that gets on these forums, most ppl don’t get on here and make posts and then trying to read them and figure out how strongly the community feels on a issue can be tricky, is it just a few players being salty making a bunch of noise for something that shouldn’t even be changed? A more direct way to get feedback is polling now you have accurate numbers on how the community feels after all everyone gets one vote, voting has been a great American past time like baseball lol

Right, more so in that they should send out surveys to emails folks who bought the game, and get more direct feedback in what they like or don''t like. Also, maybe doing a raffle of sorts, of who gets flown in to test out new features or new games, rather than say, westie and snoop dogg lol.
  • stringy82
    edited January 28
    Your taking this way too seriously superteds 😂 as I said they don’t have to react on every vote, it’s their call at the end of the day, I’m just saying this forum exists because they want opinions but why not actually give them numbers as well they don’t want to build this game without any input from the community or this forum wouldn’t exist, if their going to make changes based on the opinions of the few giving them actual numbers on whether something is an issue or not would be beneficial, give them the best data possible is really what I’m getting at
  • superteds
    they have actual numbers - have a look at the super detailed heatmaps they could work with from BF1 and that's just the start - they can see the problems statistically that we really have no handle on. what we do do though is constantly pull in opposite directions 'sniper is OP' 'nerf sniper' 'support OP' 'nerf support' as basic examples, and it isn't helpful.

i'm certain they focus group and survey where they need help, but asking for feedback from every single player will just generate so so so much noise.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Actually I personally would prefer if Dice balances the game based soley on hard data mined from active servers. Hard data doesn't lie, it doesn't over exaggerate, and its not emotional.
  • stringy82
    Actually I personally would prefer if Dice balances the game based soley on hard data mined from active servers. Hard data doesn't lie, it doesn't over exaggerate, and its not emotional.

Not everything can be mined that way though for an example ttk that’s more opinion based but I saw some poll on twitter brought up by some YouTuber about it, 80 percent or so liked it at where it was at and that surely played a role into deciding not to change it. They were going to change based on data mining statistics they were saying casual players were dying too fast so they were giving up on the game which means when they roll out premium currency they have a smaller player base that will spend money. But overall not worth the squeeze with that many players against it, it kinda counter acts what they were trying to achieve, keep players playing the game
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I understand what you are saying :smile: but there is no unity with in the Battlefield community, and a poll as @superteds was saying would generate nothing but confusion for the Dev team. I would rather leave game design decisions to the pro's. If the entire gaming community wasn't so selfish and divided on EVERY LITTLE THING.... I would say that your idea was a good one. But unfortunetly it's not.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Not everything can be mined that way though for an example ttk that’s more opinion based but I saw some poll on twitter brought up by some YouTuber about it, 80 percent or so liked it at where it was at and that surely played a role into deciding not to change it. They were going to change based on data mining statistics they were saying casual players were dying too fast so they were giving up on the game which means when they roll out premium currency they have a smaller player base that will spend money. But overall not worth the squeeze with that many players against it, it kinda counter acts what they were trying to achieve, keep players playing the game

Well, if they took the surveys at home, which they may have done in regards to ttk, they may have found most didn't like it, as compared to the vocal minority who post on forums.

And, so, that's why i'm saying they have to interact with the folks who buy their game better, (surveys at home) being chances are, folks who post on forums and "vote", are a very small minority to those who buy the game, and don't post about their game or experiences.

Example would be, say Jackfrags at you tube (the biggest bf you tubers), only gets about 100k views, as compared to the multi millions who buy the game. In so, whoever votes on his site, are a handful of people. Same on reddit with their 100k, many of which already subscribe to Jack or others.

What DICE ended up doing, was making a choice of those who advertise their game in a positive manner (against the sea who don''t), and caved to them, in not wanting to lose their advertisers. But that didn't mean most didn't want the ttk change (including me). In fact, only "three" Core servers were going on at Xbox, as compare to the hundreds of others.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And what would this hard Data show when it comes to Tanks ? That they are fine because they survive so long. And the reason for that which the " Hard Data " isnt showing: they are camping far back...
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So the loudest people who actually know about this and vote every time will always get their way? Or how work it work?
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    Stahlmach wrote: »

And what would this hard Data show when it comes to Tanks ? That they are fine because they survive so long. And the reason for that which the " Hard Data " isnt showing: they are camping far back...

You would have too ask Dice what all the hard data shows, all I know is that when I participated in the Bf1 Alpha, they told us to go play and use all the vehicles, gadgets, and weapons possible, because everything we do, every shot fired whether we get a kill or not gives them valuable data. With that said, I assume that you pretty much cant blow a fart in their game without data being gathered and graphed somewhere.