Weekly BF

Still no buffs to tanks.

2»

Comments

• Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As long as Systemic Damage stays in the game Tanks will be useless unless used as Stationary Camping Coffins.

This.
  • villet4x
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont know why the h... ther is not buffs etc.. to the tanks yet. This has been up since game released. Time to do something
  • joachimeberhard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Buff the best Snipers in the Game -> Tanks? No thank you. Way to ruin the game.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are fine. They dont need any buffs. What needs a nerf is these complaints.
  • raexusa
    29 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like to play with vehicle in game and I can say "tanks don't need any buu at all".... They are perfect so please don't change nothing!
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've always loved playing in tanks, until this game.

They're slow, weak, and their armor is none existent.

You're supposed to fear a tank when it rolls up but in this game assault players are licking their chops when they see them because it's easy kills.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tank gameplay is so crap.... i rarely fight other tanks ...its mainly me in a tank vs 10 guys with explosives.... borring

the ammo refilling is absolutly pointless... a tank needs to sit in a ammo spawn for 20 seconds to refill while a bomber flys throug hsome random crap and instantly gets ammo.... the limited ammo is not needed and is a nerf to tanks

not to mention the way you damage a tank is so random that i rather have the old system back where
    - front hit does minimum dmg
    - side does mediocre dmg
    - rear does full dmg

Agreed.

Everything and I mean everything they did in bf1/bfv to tanks has made the whole experience crap. They looked at all aspects what made tanking great and dismantled it. Now it's RNG based, limited, dull, and skill really doesn't play any factor, you just have to learn how to camp and farm.
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tank a lot . You have to be smart . You have to pay attention to were your infantry line is , your surroundings . Need to know when to push up and when to back up . You can easily become isolated and a sitting duck . Reloading is cool and a challenge . The planes should have to land to reload at a depot .

I'd like to see better splash damage for the tank round . The third person view needs to go for tanks and planes . Someone posted this above .
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When DICE give all you tank nubs what you want and make them invincible, fire in any direction multi kill that never run out of ammo total skill mode, I'll be sitting in that long queue to roll out in one with you.
  • NoQuart3r
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No buffs to tanks?

Good.

Yes, please remove tanks and airplanes and introduce bicycles instead.
  • S_Markt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another patch, another disappointment. Dice, whats the point of adding a new tank, when tanks in general are useless metal boxes in this game? Why can't you buff them finally?

?

tanks dont need a buff. play better you will not get the tankl troll godmode back. tanks are valuable gadgets now because bad players like you do no longer missuse them as kd easymode.
  • Crestfall4
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they buff the FLakpanzer (AA tank). i cant even fly from it even using my repair
  • MBT_Layzan
    1613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    When DICE give all you tank nubs what you want and make them invincible, fire in any direction multi kill that never run out of ammo total skill mode, I'll be sitting in that long queue to roll out in one with you.

Can we just have them fun, I promise, instead of going 50-0 with them now camping like a ****, I'll go 20-0 instead but enjoy myself?
  • Nummydoughnuts
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I keep forgetting about it but with the soldier banter in the game which I always find funny, there is one line of dialogue that always annoys me and that's when a British soldier goes "Oah! Smashed that tank and you ain't even sweating." Of course I ain't because tanks are pretty easy to destroy and I'm personally not okay with that. If I wanna fight a tank, I want it to be a harrowing challenge, I want to fear the tank. Not just feel like "Oh look a tank, bye tank."

I get a good perspective of tanks from both sides because I do give the vehicles a fair stab, and I play as infantry mainly, more often then not I play as the support class. I can wreck shop with the tanks, given two things: A Supply depot is near and easy to get to, and between me and the infantry there is a huge open field with no cover which honestly, isn't all that fun. As soon as I try to play aggressive in any way shape or form, immediate punishment. As soon as I push up to an objective that is cleared of enemies, immediate punishment. Essentially if you don't camp out with the enemy easy to spot, you will be punished or destroyed. Playing as infantry, the only tanks I have trouble with are those who employ the exact same strategy, which from an infantry POV it looks like a tank is just sitting there Camping. Any other situation though that involves a tank basically doing anything but that, It's an easy peasy, sad kill that required little to no skill especially as the Assault Class I'm not proud of in any way shape or form. "Smashed that tank and you ain't even sweating"
  • Feney_exe
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Regardless of whether you think tanks are balanced or not, what cannot be denied is that they are boring and super unsatisfying to use. Why would any half decent player bother to waste their time with tanks in this game when a good enough player will always be able to get more kills, KPM, SPM and be able to PTFO when playing as infantry. Why would any decent player want to use a vehicle that forces input lag in first person, making precision aiming impossible in close range. The input lag isn't in the last tiger war story or some of the squad call ins, which leads me to believe that it is intentional which is the reason i will NEVER use tanks so long as the input lag exists and this is coming from someone who has 50k+ armour kills in battlefield games. I would consider using tanks if these changes where implemented:

- Remove first person input lag on all tanks.
    - Tank vs Tank TTK is too high, increase the damage of all tank shells against other tanks. Currently it feels like infantry are more of a threat to tanks then other tanks which is just plain wrong.
    - Reduce the % chance of systematic damage for tanks at high HP. It's stupid that one panzerfaust can disable a Tiger 1 turret at 100hp.
    - Slightly increase splash damage of all tank shells in the game against infantry. Will allow for an actual counter to the bunnyhop panzerfaust from hard cover meta because currently tanks have a hard time reacting to this due to slow turret traverse, first person input lag limitations.
    - Increase the starting ammo capacity of medium / heavy tanks. These tanks are so slow that going back to rearm just takes way to long, especially when some of the resupply stations are in terrible locations and hardly ever built.
    - Decrease the splash damage the top gunner receives when ducked. The top gunner is still useless due to the fact you take full splash damage even when crouched, meaning one piat or panzerfaust will usually just one hit you.
  • Feney_exe
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not only are tanks just boring as hell for decent players to use, they also promote a horrible campy playstyle and have a very low skill ceiling.

1. Remove / fix first person input lag so precise aiming at close range is possible.
    2. Slightly Increase the splash damage of all shells against infantry. This will help to counter the bunnyhopping panzerfaust / piat meta, while also allowing for tanks to flush out enemies hiding behind hard cover.
    3. Decrease the TTK for Tank vs Tank combat. Currently infantry feel like more of a threat then enemy tanks which feels wrong. Tank vs Tank combat is the worst it's been in any BF game, and tanks should feel way more of a threat to other tanks.
    4. Increase the starting ammo capacity of heavy / medium tanks. The slow nature of these tanks means going to resupply takes way too long is just boring. It also doesn't help that literally 0 thought has been put into the positioning of the resupply stations and literally no one ever builds them.

If these changes are implemented i will consider using tanks again but i just do not enjoy the current implementations of tanks. 0/10 fun, 10/10 camping.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Feney_exe wrote: »
    Not only are tanks just boring as hell for decent players to use, they also promote a horrible campy playstyle and have a very low skill ceiling.

1. Remove / fix first person input lag so precise aiming at close range is possible.
    2. Slightly Increase the splash damage of all shells against infantry. This will help to counter the bunnyhopping panzerfaust / piat meta, while also allowing for tanks to flush out enemies hiding behind hard cover.
    3. Decrease the TTK for Tank vs Tank combat. Currently infantry feel like more of a threat then enemy tanks which feels wrong. Tank vs Tank combat is the worst it's been in any BF game, and tanks should feel way more of a threat to other tanks.
    4. Increase the starting ammo capacity of heavy / medium tanks. The slow nature of these tanks means going to resupply takes way too long is just boring. It also doesn't help that literally 0 thought has been put into the positioning of the resupply stations and literally no one ever builds them.

If these changes are implemented i will consider using tanks again but i just do not enjoy the current implementations of tanks. 0/10 fun, 10/10 camping.

+1
  • zakrocz
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tank gameplay is so crap.... i rarely fight other tanks ...its mainly me in a tank vs 10 guys with explosives.... borring

the ammo refilling is absolutly pointless... a tank needs to sit in a ammo spawn for 20 seconds to refill while a bomber flys throug hsome random crap and instantly gets ammo.... the limited ammo is not needed and is a nerf to tanks

not to mention the way you damage a tank is so random that i rather have the old system back where
    - front hit does minimum dmg
    - side does mediocre dmg
    - rear does full dmg

Agreed. Been tanking since BF1942 and this is the worst tank gameplay in the series.

It's just a random mess especially tank vs tank.

Dice need to stop listening to the tiny minority of players who want uber realistic tank damage.

Keep it simple.

BF1942 tank vs tank gameplay has never been bettered by any subsequent BF game. They kept it simple and skill won the day back then.