Please, please try to balance the teams!

Jedi76
828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I love this game.

Even with the known bugs that we have and all the problems present in it.

I don't think there is a better online FPS than the Battlefield series. I have always played them (Since BF1942) and probably always will.

But being constantly dropped into a server where I am always put on the (heavily) losing side is just no fun, and it is becoming tiring to me as a player.

It seems just lately that every time I load into a Conquest server, the team I am placed on are already losing something like 125 to 500 (just an example, but the figures are usually around this kind of mark). Not only that, but the opposing team are literally steamrolling them, I try to play for a bit, get killed what seems like every 10 seconds and just rage-quit.

Rinse and repeat this for a couple of hours and, well, you get the idea.

This is the only thing that is diminishing my enjoyment of the game at the moment, I am not difficult to please, and can cope with the other bugs and issues until they are fixed.

But such extreme unbalance in the matches are something that should just not be happening, this should be working well from the outset, on any FPS game, not just BF series.

Comments

• lu300zxlu
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same things happen to me. Most of the time I join a conquest server and I got put on a losing team. This game brings out the rage in people. I never get this pissed off playing any other game.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I second this. Even if I am on the team doing the steamrolling, while it may not be rage inducing, it is certainly boring as all get out and makes me want to find a new server anyway.
  • DaMutha1
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless there is a vehicle I missed, they are not literally steamrolling them.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 29
    I second this. Even if I am on the team doing the steamrolling, while it may not be rage inducing, it is certainly boring as all get out and makes me want to find a new server anyway.

Exactly.

It can't be that much fun for the guys who have captured every flag within a couple of minutes, and are just continually shooting at the opposition as they are pushed back re-spawning at their main spawn point.

Can it?
  • Coheed1986
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lu300zxlu wrote: »
    Same things happen to me. Most of the time I join a conquest server and I got put on a losing team. This game brings out the rage in people. I never get this pissed off playing any other game.

You havent played fifa then... 🙈
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Of course you're going to be put on the losing team when you randomly join a match. It's because people have fled the sinking ship, leaving spaces open for players. Stick with the rotation and it'll eventually balance you out.

There shouldn't be any balancing done by the game in match. That's just awful. It was awful in BF1. You'd be working your tail off to win, and the game would "rebalance" and switch you over to the losing side. Since there's no "switch team" option in this BF, people would get real tired real quick of being shoved onto the losing team because the server decided you should be moved.

In-between matches should be as much as you need, which from my understanding is how it currently works.
  • Jedi76
    wc138 wrote: »
    Of course you're going to be put on the losing team when you randomly join a match. It's because people have fled the sinking ship, leaving spaces open for players. Stick with the rotation and it'll eventually balance you out.

There shouldn't be any balancing done by the game in match. That's just awful. It was awful in BF1. You'd be working your tail off to win, and the game would "rebalance" and switch you over to the losing side. Since there's no "switch team" option in this BF, people would get real tired real quick of being shoved onto the losing team because the server decided you should be moved.

In-between matches should be as much as you need, which from my understanding is how it currently works.

If it does work that way, then it ain't working...
  • Hurrykaine3000
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience if you can live with it for a match or so, it gets worked out. You joined a match in progress. the team was most likely getting destroyed because they are undermanned. As you an others join, during the match, and after, it'll balance out for the next match. Not always but usually.
  • pebjesus
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience if you can live with it for a match or so, it gets worked out. You joined a match in progress. the team was most likely getting destroyed because they are undermanned. As you an others join, during the match, and after, it'll balance out for the next match. Not always but usually.

It may occur but a lot of times we get stomped as duck, and the enemy top 3rd is the same, the next round. And the next, so u may need to change server. For ur pleasure.

Pat
  • Agrioxiros
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jedi76 wrote: »

It does work like that and that's how it should work. Changing the people that stayed and fought to get that advantage would be horrible. We suffered through that with BF4 and let me tell you it was no fun at all. I play as well as I can and we manage to establish a lead. People leave cause God forbid bad stats and I will have to undo everything I worked for? That is the only time matchmaking works.
    They never learned how to team balance. The only game with worst balancing is Destiny but that's the absolute bottom so it doesn't say much. That is why I can't understand why they removed the catch-up system (don't remember how it was called).
    When I started playing and not knowing the existence of the system, every match seemed perfectly balanced.
    But no. People want the "landslide". And those same people are the first that will bail on the server when they get their butts whooped and then you get balanced in their place and here we are.
  • Jedi76
    edited February 5
    Agrioxiros wrote: »
    Jedi76 wrote: »

It does work like that and that's how it should work. Changing the people that stayed and fought to get that advantage would be horrible. We suffered through that with BF4 and let me tell you it was no fun at all. I play as well as I can and we manage to establish a lead. People leave cause God forbid bad stats and I will have to undo everything I worked for? That is the only time matchmaking works.
    They never learned how to team balance. The only game with worst balancing is Destiny but that's the absolute bottom so it doesn't say much. That is why I can't understand why they removed the catch-up system (don't remember how it was called).
    When I started playing and not knowing the existence of the system, every match seemed perfectly balanced.
    But no. People want the "landslide". And those same people are the first that will bail on the server when they get their butts whooped and then you get balanced in their place and here we are.

I am not talking about changing the people who stayed on either team, I am talking about balancing the sides. If players on the losing team leave because of a crushing defeat, then better/ higher level players should be put into that side when they come online.

If it does work that way, then my experience with the game at the moment is not reflective of it, hence this post.

Who wants a landslide? I certainly don't. I don't want a landslide in victory or defeat.

I want good, competitive, close fought matches where you have to play well to win.

The game at the moment seems to offer anything but that, you either suffer a crushing loss, or a victory where you can pretty much shoot at fish in a barrel because the other team are spawn-locked.

In all honesty, I don't know how the balancing works, if indeed, there is any. But I do know that I am involved in far too many one-sided matches and it is impacting my enjoyment of the game.

That is the bottom line for me here.