Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #2

Comments

• joachimeberhard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do Assignments reset or even disappear for others too?

That's just really not cool, Dice.
    I feel cheated!
  • xCoolBreez
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had heard that TTD was going to be adjusted in January? Will it be adjusted? if so when? thx
  • joachimeberhard
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I have restarted the game several times, the Assignments I have worked for the entire afternoon just disappeared, nowhere to be found.

This happened after I was forced to hard-quit the game itself because of the Black-Screen bug which prevents quitting a gamemode.
  • Jknight256
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know if the upcoming M1922 Lmg will have a stripper clip,or belt feed? Thanks
  • M0rph4eus
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a person who’s played this game since it was called Desert Combat I can say with out a word of a lie this game is absolutely garbage now.

1 Kill cam is bloody stupid I can make a cup of tea waiting for it.

2 spawn times again bloody slow way to long to get into the game.

3. Impossible since 3rd patch to get consistency in kills.

4. Tanks are skow as a snail and are sitting ducks I don’t know why you even bothered with them as apposed to bf3 and Bf4.

5. Snipers yet again way over powered with absolutely stupid ranges in kills from the other side of the map.

6 massive lack in anti air to bring down planes

7 ranking system stopping at 50 absolutely stupid why bother playing it any lmore ?

8. Unlocks should be awarded based on rank snd time out into the game not this company coin crap if you want that **** off snd play fortnite.

This game has successfully bowed down to the Gen Ys and I’d say is bring coded on a console platform and ported.

Ea/ Dice has completely lost focus on its target market with this game now and it’s not younge generation its older guys who have played this since 1942 days.

It’s absolutely garbage and I won’t be buying it when this is the best you can produce a game riddled with bugs and poor development.
  • M0rph4eus
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ohh and supper not being able to reload there own Grenada’s another stupid idea !!’
  • Jknight256
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello Battlefield Community,

Following the update earlier in January, this release introduces the Sturmgeschutz IV vehicle – an Axis tank (or assault gun, technically) well equipped for self-defense, with a top gunner position and a remotely controlled machinegun turret that can be operated safely from within the tank. Unlock the Sturmgeschutz IV by completing the Weekly Challenge of the third Chapter Event of Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes.

More functionality is being added to our Practice Range, many improvements are coming to the Panzerstorm map and, as always, so are several fixes and tweaks. We’ve also made changes based upon the feedback and issue reports from the Battlefield™ community.

We're always looking for your feedback! Once the new update will go live for your platform, take a look at the full Update Notes and let us know what you think.

Thanks and we'll see you on the battlefield!

The Teams at EA/DICE

Do you know if the the m1922 is gonna be belt fed,or stripper feed?
  • Hyper1541
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ADD A DOGFIGHT GAMEMODE
  • I1ITHE_PURGEI1I
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FIX TANKS! WE DON’T NEED NEW ONES, MAKE THE EXISTING ONES MORE THREATENING TO INFANTRY! SPLASH DAMAGE IS A JOKE! Caps aside, I find it very hard to believe that you’ve been listening to the community when everyone including prominent youtubers have been saying since day dot that tanks need a buff, yet here we are at the second January patch and not one iota of difference has been made to the lack of splash from a primary round against infantry. An enemy can literally be two metres in front of your tank cowering behind a metre square boulder or burnt out car and not take even 10hp worth off damage from a shell aimed immediately to the left/right or on top of sed object. Infantry can take a shell to the face and still survive, usually to blow up the tank with o.p tossed mines or a panzer that has higher velocity rockets than the tank (and a quicker reload time since the first update!) Why make an alternative game to COD that features vehicles if you’re going to make them virtually useless?! The vehicles is what sets this game apart, so stop catering to the 360 no-scoping kids in the hopes to steal them over from COD so more money can be made. Well done, you made a more challenging (and bug filled) game that BF1, but the vehicles are trash and you know it! And like someone else write earlier, Ammo boxes still fall through the map on bridges and overpasses, but this isn’t even mentioned?! FIX THE KNOWN PROBLEMS before you go tweaking maps! TANKS need a buff, Things shouldn’t fall through the map and if it’s SOOO HARD TO MAKE A DRAG TO SAFETY feature, admit you can’t, give us some company coin to spruce up the lack-lustre soldier uniforms and camouflages we can’t afford and maybe introduce an alternative, such as every soldier starts with one smoke grenade or a downed soldier has the ability to not only call out, but crawl a few metres to safety at a higher bleed rate. I like many, was so looking forward to a more skilled battlefield and have been playing since it all began, but it seems the only thing that has improved over time is the graphics. NO COMMANDER, NO LEVELOTION, NO BOHEMYTHS.. BF5 makes vanilla seem exciting for general game play! The lack of content and imagination could be forgiven if things worked as they should, as have been mentioned time and time again in forums such as this, but REAL issues aren’t addressed and instead we’re given cosmetic overhauls of maps to distract us? DICE must think us all idiots! And before the “predictibles ” chime in with their “if you don’t like it, don’t play it” type comments, know that I, and many players I know are waiting to do just that. The moment any “total war” game games to console that can pick up from where Battlefield so clearly lost the path comes out.. gone. FIX THE GAME! Start with vehicles, and listen to your community. The ones who have been in the world long enough to buy these games without convincing mummy that it’s not that violent. FI X THE FUNKING GAME.
  • RightWngXtremist
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry....but where in the patch notes listed hardcore mode? Such a letdown this game is.
  • CircuitFreaQ
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah why is the splash damage so **** for tanks. It feels like you have to actually hit them with the shell just to kill them
  • Woodlbrad
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tank dmg is a complete joke.
  • RovingCodeMonkey
    Any work you did to improve the game or roll out a fun feature set has been completely ruined by the cheating. It's getting to the point where I might just give up and delete the game as it only seems to be getting WORSE!!!
  • II-INFIDEL-II
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Let me start off with many thanks for the recent updates to the beloved game Battlefield 5, and many thanks for fixing the the company coin issue last week. But being forced by the EA online LIVE chat to post my issue to the forums to get noticed of my issue here I am again. Being a Origin Premier member gave me 1 week early access to the game , less then a day 7 hours or less hit rank 50, god lol loved the German bomber before it got nurfed grinding the Twisted Steel map. That being said 1 day in the game , 1 week before the game was launched to the public I was lvl 50, up until last week not receiving Company Coin. Once again I thank you for fixing that issue, but for the Retro active coin that was sent out last week is my concern. It seems the numbers don't jive, the question is are the Origin Premier members shafted in this deal? Because we wanted to get our hands on the game now and payed a premium for it? Is Origin Premier recognized for this Battlefield Title or future titles to come? Looking at the difference of time played in game is definitely different from Origins recorded time of hours played. For me its like 157 hours that was not calculated in the Base game, so in theory 150 hours of lvl 50 gameplay is missing on the Retro Coin Pay out last week. What made me post this issue is that knowingly I play half this amount of time on my PS4 account which seemed to be payed out Retro company coin properly but My PC barely got half the amount. I have attached a photo showing hours played on the PC if this helps. In game 195hrs Origin 352hrs, and thank you for your time, and hoping further assistance. https://i.imgur.com/tww7MdO.jpg
  • theham007
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please bring back the rent-able servers and hardcore options. This really is not fun for me and everyone else who likes that type of play.

I gave this a shot, but it's so far from the sophistication, play style, and challenge of Battle Field 2 and 2142. I went back to BF 4, and that's where I'll be until I see something different, something like BF 2. This is the last time I front the cash though in the hopes it's not a COD / Fortnight clone capitalizing on the title that only the old DICE had the talent to really pull off.

The DICE of 2005 did not need reddit, or twitter, surveys to figure out how to create BF2. If the masses knew what they wanted and what would sell.....they wouldn't be in the masses anymore. I'd pay 500 bucks upfront to have a true modern adaptation of Battlefield 2.
    Best of luck in the future - a Battle Field 2 player who knows the difference.
  • maskedocelot
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ty for the update the game is fun again =D, noticed 2 new problems on playstation though, sometimes getting a black screen for a second while spawning on a squad member and the map button sometimes doesn't work for part of a game. Saw both in conquest.
  • FireStarterGR
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are impossible to destroy after the patch. Gewehr 43 seems like increased vertical recoil. Also horizontal spreading seems more in distant aims. Did you secretely messed out the guns behaviour? Ballancing in the games does not exist. 32 soldiers are hunting enemies like if they were zombies spawning in one and only flag. That ends up in quitting the match, even the game. Many many many upset players finding themselves unable to play. It does not depend on their individual ability toy hide and shoot, not even a 4 squad soldier's ability. ONLY BF 4 allowed players to play as lone wolves if there wasn't any other way to play the game.
  • Neo2Party
    I'm having issues with black screen and constantly loading in to next map after we finished one! Please fix this asp because you have to quit every game after it finishes and makes game unplayable............
  • SgtMDuck
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    Starting to enjoy the game, and especially squad conquest (But why not 5 men/women in each squad in any game type?)
    Looking forward to rush and some real Battlefield feeling, still got a long way from BF4 and BF3 but slowly getting closer, but still it´s own type of game
    RSP would be highly appreciated though
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    xCoolBreez wrote: »
    I had heard that TTD was going to be adjusted in January? Will it be adjusted? if so when? thx

Not ETA at the moment, as soon we'll have the info, we'll share that with the community.
    Jknight256 wrote: »

Do you know if the the m1922 is gonna be belt fed,or stripper feed?

It's belt fed.