Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #2

Comments

• FlubbedWand
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Few things I have noticed since Jan 29 update:

Cons:
    1. Customizing sights is glitchy; when i select sights, i am taken directly to muzzles.
    2. Ammo box does still fall through second stories and roofs, bridges, etc.
    3. Still have infinite loading screens, probably 1/7 games I load.
    4. Pretty please add the option to change assignments in game. This would be incredibly helpful, I was playing with a squad last night, and one member had to leave twice to change assignments, and was stuck in queue for the most of the two games he came back for.
    5. Calling in V1/JB2's I get a half black binocular when I zoom in, and it will not allow me to call in the rocket, until after I attempt to call it in several times.

Pros:
    5. I love the D pad add in for customizing appearance and weapons.
    6. I think the realism of the camo and player visibility is great.
    7. Breakthrough is amazing, BF 1 Grand Ops basically. I love it, please keep it :)
  • Googlebright
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Few things I have noticed since Jan 29 update:

Cons:
    1. Customizing sights is glitchy; when i select sights, i am taken directly to muzzles.

I noticed this as well. You can use the D-pad to toggle between your available sights but cannot go in to the sights menu itself.
  • Justeezy8
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please please please make squad conquest permanent. since it has been available it is all i have played and has became my favorite gamemode. I hope you decide to keep it around and put all the maps into the rotation and not just the 3.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M1A1 is perfect! Don't change it at all, it is right where it needs to be now. Thank you!
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    may i ask whether the gun named m1 grand will be pushed out,i badly like it in COD14
  • billyxu529
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    -Overpowered AA is really annoying since it kills both infantry and aircraft faster now. planes would get shot down across the map by an AA and dogfight element is now completely ignored since AA can snipe a plane out of the sky (does not matter if plane is flying towards or away from AA nor does the accuracy matter for AA anymore due to unreasonable large proxy zone and damage ). Is it really frustrating that planes aren't useful for anything anymore after this patch and this encouraged more and more AA camping during the game and sometimes as bad as 2 or more AA for one team not playing objectives and staying near spawn making the gaming experience absolutely horrible on opposing team pilots (who have no chance of doing anything anywhere) and friendly team tank players (who actually wants to play objectives).
    -Please decrease AA damage (by quite a bit) and zone making AA a skilled vehicle that requires movements and accuracy. It is also better for AA to deal only more wing damage to restrict movements of the aircraft making controlling the sky a team effort involving both dogfight and AA placement instead of one AA owning the whole sky from spawn.
    -Please decrease stuka maneuverability. it is known for durability not superior maneuverability (sometimes out turns spitfires).
    -Maybe add "broken gun" features from BF 1 tanks such as triggering broken cannon after the tank was shot more times on the turret after the turrets already damaged. making precise aiming on different tank parts with high velocity rounds more enjoyable and adds some strategic elements to armor warfare. Emergency repairs could repair the turret completely making the use of this ability significant during a battle.
    -increase machine gun damage for tanks slightly so one infantry won't be able to take 5+ shots to the chest and walks away like its nothing after.

I know there are a lot of suggestions but please balance AA at least. Thanks
  • Thietram
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2
    After playing several hours with the latest update - so did I found out the following things that annoy me the most.

1. Ammo crates still falls through floors, bridges, land and so on making them useless to use.

2. I feel its more lag then before the update (and NO its not my computer - using a highend rig and fiber) making aiming and gameplay quickly boring.

3. Still shitloads of cheaters and hackers enjoying to ruin the gameplay for others with aimhacks and wallhacks and so on without almost any risk to quickly get banned.

4. Still too many graphic bugs, with everything from floating medpacks to rocks and sandbags also floating in the air.
  • Private_Tom_7
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hello!!
    The enemy is too small. We can not see enemies. We want you to make enemies bigger.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The random disconnects are a problem. Only yesterday I got kicked out 4 times in 2 hours for no apparent reason. I'm playing on a high end rig and have fiber optic cables, my internet works fine but the game seems to disconnect. I've noticed it happens at times when there's a lot of things going on, like on flags and with combat involving multiple players at once.

On a side note, is there any hope in changing the MMG issues? These weapons are so underperforming now I'm losing my will to even play.
  • LunkvanTrunk
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V - Buglist - 07.02.2019
    1. First of all Anser HQ is SOOOO bad, because you can report one bug at a time, I have a job and make these lists and have no time to fill out your formulas for EVERY bug - god damn. I hit submit, no adblocker, nothing, no error message just stops.
    2. Players who get healed already (even medics) have the “needs healing” icon above their head
    3. The intensive music at the last station of some mode is playing way to early and long, 15min of dramatic music gets annoying.
    4. Sturmtiger is useless on big maps like Harmada, too slow, turn rate is horrendous - doesn’t feel like a “super” weapon you call to a battle, more like a joke, Alternative version (smaller, faster tanks) would be cool
    5. Sometimes when ADSing and going prone the Nydar-Sight crosshair is totally off, you see only the half circle, the rest of the sight is “in” the bottom of the sight
    6. White font on white background…
    7. Autobalacing teams seems non existent, this seems to be reinvented every game since BF 3
    8. Why can’t you spawn directly into a “Reinforcement-Tank” like the Stormtiger? Do I really have to kill myself to use the tank? Ruins the immersion just a LITTLE bit
    9. All Tides of War Weapons are OP, this seems just to be a cheap way to introduce the need into players to “keep up” - lame
    10. As a squad leader in frontlines you can’t assign “locked” objectives with the commo rose, but looking at the locked object and double-tap Q works

• KopaTropa123
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breaking the server rules by selecting a weapon that was unlocked in prior rounds is still present:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/KL8fiso
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, the reward is Stug IV - a primarily anti-tank vehicle. In a situation where tanks are already useless due to bizarrely weak armor, it seems a bit sarcastic to release an anti-tank vehicle. What about splash damage? What about the maneuverability of tanks? I hope someone in Dice realizes that in the game you can basically outrun the heavy tanks. So instead of tanks chasing players, it's the other way around.
  • Ace-Cardd
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    3x scopes are weird. Why look through a 3xscope, zoom whole screen? it's stupid.
  • BillBailey0
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AA vehicles on infantry maps are a pain, turn them off or give us server rental, because I am slowly going off this game, to the point of never buying another battlefield game and I've played all of the PC versions. I was really hoping this game would get back to the days when it was fun to play a BF game, but with each patch it is getting worse, it's almost like you are trying to kill the franchise off.
  • Nummydoughnuts
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing a fair bit since the patch and it feels like something get either poked and prodded at while others are forgotten and new issues arise. The game balancing though is still bluntly put Deplorable and really needs some working. I'm one of those folks who talks about it to friends who don't play the game and their immediate response is usually "Why is that even the way it is" or "why would anyone design it that way?". Personally with some of the things in the game there appears to be a lot of "Good on paper, terrible execution though."

If anybody is ever actually interested I have a crazy amount of balancing ideas that could possibly improve or change up gameplay. I'm floating around. I'm not some sort of big content creator, just the average gamin fellow so I'm either here or on Reddit (pretty new to reddit but I'm there.) I'm always down to share my cool ideas if folks wanna hear them and I would love positive and constructive feedback. Usually the Feedback turns out 75% positive 25% Negative, with the Negative side of things usually being "So basically your idea is to Nerf my favorite thing in the game that lets me kill everything with literally no skill."
  • 1stKyser
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game still needs a massive overhaul, games are always one sided, Balance is absurd and doesn't exist. if you play anything other then Assault or Recon you are handicapping yourself. Forced to play stupid gamemodes to unlock new content and suffer through team mates not understanding these other modes.
  • Kush_Erdogan16
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello there :)
    I have a general feedback for BFV.
    It's about rentable Servers.Im a competitive player on ps4 and it's sadly not possible to take part or creating cups, tournaments etc.There are a few thousands of competitive player on ps4 who can't prove themselves on e-sports.
    It would be very nice if there are some rentable servers.Even if it's cost 100 euros/dollars per month, we would rent servers.
    Thanks for reading,have a nice day.
    Best regards
  • sloopyfish
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When does the beta stage end and some new maps get added?
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    I think the gameplay is continuing to improve. There are some real areas for improvement.

I have over 200 hours in and here's my feedback for points of improvement:

1) My Toes still get stuck on rocks. Inconsistencies abound for what requires or doesn't require vaulting. This is a BF legacy issue. I have an entire thread devoted to this one. If anyone who can make a difference cares, please read that thread.
    2) More maps coming? Because we need them.
    3) AA should not be positioned so it can be used as AP. Just put some terrain around each non-moving AA emplacement that blocks any such AP effectiveness. It will also offer defense to the AA gunner.
    4) I can't perma-kick people from my squad. When I have squad members who clearly refuse to PTFO, I don't want them back. If I kick them, they shouldn't be able to come back.
    5) I feel like there should be something that monitors squad members and moves them to their own garbage noob squad if they don't earn any squad points within a certain time interval.
    6) Frontlines team balancing. When the objectives are presented in a linear fashion such as with Frontlines, the team balancing is even more important. 99.9% of the time, the team that takes the first flag in Frontlines is going to be the team that wins the match. The first flag taken is the primary indicator of the team imbalance. Most Frontlines matches result in a steamroll. Once "Rush" mode is rolled out, it will be more of the same. It's good to be on the winning side, but if you're not... I have a thread devoted to this one as well for anyone who can make a difference.
    7) Some assignments are near-impossible. 10 headshot kills with a Model 8 in a life for one of the mastery weapon assignments? It takes two headshots and then a body shot with a Model 8 to take someone down at range. This thing should be moved to assault, buffed somehow or just plain retired.
    8) Play a round of Squad Conquest on Hamada and you can find people hiding in the south wall at the B-flag. I'm sure this is unintentional, but it needs to be fixed.

What I really like:
    1) Gun play.
    2) Movement in general (see vaulting comment above).
    3) Squad conquest.
    4) Graphics. Nothing like them in any other game.
    5) Sound. This has improved. Some of the weapon sounds are pretty awesome.
    6) Weapon variety.
    Post edited by cylon0 on
  • Nummydoughnuts
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cylon0 wrote: »
    I think the gameplay is continuing to improve. There are some real areas for improvement.

I have over 200 hours in and here's my feedback for points of improvement:

1) My Toes still get stuck on rocks. Inconsistencies abound for what requires or doesn't require vaulting. This is a BF legacy issue. I have an entire thread devoted to this one. If anyone who can make a difference cares, please read that thread.
    2) More maps coming? Because we need them.
    3) AA should not be positioned so it can be used as AP. Just put some terrain around each non-moving AA emplacement that blocks any such AP effectiveness. It will also offer defense to the AA gunner.
    4) I can't perma-kick people from my squad. When I have squad members who clearly refuse to PTFO, I don't want them back. If I kick them, they shouldn't be able to come back.
    5) I feel like there should be something that monitors squad members and moves them to their own garbage noob squad if they don't earn any squad points within a certain time interval.
    5) Frontlines team balancing. When the objectives are presented in a linear fashion such as with Frontlines, the team balancing is even more important. 99.9% of the time, the team that takes the first flag in Frontlines is going to be the team that wins the match. The first flag taken is the primary indicator of the team imbalance. Most Frontlines matches result in a steamroll. Once "Rush" mode is rolled out, it will be more of the same. It's good to be on the winning side, but if you're not... I have a thread devoted to this one as well for anyone who can make a difference.
    6) Some assignments are near-impossible. 10 headshot kills with a Model 8 in a life for one of the mastery weapon assignments? It takes two headshots and then a body shot with a Model 8 to take someone down at range. This thing should be moved to assault, buffed somehow or just plain retired.
    7) Play a round of Squad Conquest on Hamada and you can find people hiding in the south wall at the B-flag. I'm sure this is unintentional, but it needs to be fixed.

What I really like:
    1) Gun play.
    2) Movement in general (see vaulting comment above).
    3) Squad conquest.
    4) Graphics. Nothing like them in any other game.
    5) Sound. This has improved. Some of the weapon sounds are pretty awesome.
    6) Weapon variety.

And I thought I was tripping balls when there were people in the wall at Hamada on Squad Conquest.