Planes just spawn in?! Wow dice

BadumBattlefield
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 2016
I was watching levelcap playing Bf1 on his channel I he spawned in an airplane. The plane didn't take off and instead he was placed in the drivers seat!!

Straw poll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10502399

I thought that you might start off at an airbase article-2187558-148203D5000005DC-152_634x423.jpg
and then I was hoping that maybe you emerge through the clouds or something. An animation of you taking off at base and flying through the clouds coming through the other side..RTR34RN6.jpg

This would eliminate spawn killing or planes being stolen, and it would add the immersion for the people that want that. This would satisfy both parties.

DICE PLEASE FIX!!
Breaks the immersion
Post edited by BadumBattlefield on

Comments

• blackaddR
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Completely agree. Running up to a heli/jet in BF2,3 (maybe 4),climbing in and taking off was great. This needs to be sorted, this ISN'T Battlefront!!
  • DevilsBathtub
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    do you want to watch a cutscene every time you spawn in a plane?
    it would get boring real fast.
  • blackaddR
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, it would just be great to take off! and fly a short distance over the front to the battlefield. I'm not bothered about a cutscene
  • icED-eaRtH-nz
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    You see yourself getting into a tank, why not a plane?, other bf's have let you take off from the ground.
  • CaptinFlapjack
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why are you getting so worked up over nothing? Maybe it just depends on the map?

Even in BF4 and BF3 there were maps where when you spawned in a jet it was already in the air (e.g Dawn Breaker or Bandar Desert).

That didn't mean that there weren't other maps where you could take off from a landing strip (e.g Caspian Border)

I'm sure it will depend on the map. At least wait till we know more.
  • blackaddR
    Exactly. Though thinking about it, the map that was played last night looks to be very close to the Britsh front and far west of No-Man's-Land. So i guess watching the German side spawn in the air, coming from the air makes sense, but still, the British side should take off.

The taking off mechanic is needed in Battlefield, please don't chop it DICE!
  • pss4dm
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    wow really! This would really upset me. Add the battlefront style interface, the ridiculous 3D spotting and the women commander from the future the game play was disappointing. The reason battlefield has always been my go to game is because of its authenticity, and I didn't really feel I was fully immersed in a WW1 theatre of war.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Right away my thoughts are BAD about this but lets really look at it from different angles.

A game needs to be balanced in a conquest mode. The mode is Conquest and not steal the enemies planes.

How many times that 1/3 of the team loses focus playing Conquest and make it there pure effort for the entire game to steal enemy assets? I have. I do it because it breaks the game. Again, the mode conquest and we should be playing conquest.

This is nothing new in BF3 and BF4. Some maps you would spawn in and some you could take off.

I hope for a game mode that as a lvl100 you can cap the base.

I
  • blackaddR
    Right away my thoughts are BAD about this but lets really look at it from different angles.

A game needs to be balanced in a conquest mode. The mode is Conquest and not steal the enemies planes.

How many times that 1/3 of the team loses focus playing Conquest and make it there pure effort for the entire game to steal enemy assets? I have. I do it because it breaks the game. Again, the mode conquest and we should be playing conquest.

This is nothing new in BF3 and BF4. Some maps you would spawn in and some you could take off.

I

So in previous BF titles, you would spawn at a base that would be in accessible to the opposing team, by the boundaries. Surely this can be crossed over.
  • DevilsBathtub
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    blackaddR wrote: »

I

So in previous BF titles, you would spawn at a base that would be in accessible to the opposing team, by the boundaries. Surely this can be crossed over.

you can in jets and helis, i would guess bi planes would work too
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    blackaddR wrote: »

I

Is this a rhetorical question?

or
  • BadumBattlefield
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I

It doesn't have to take off from the map. It could be a cut scene or you take off into fog and emerge in battle
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It prevents vehicle stealing, baseraping, spawntrapping and whatnot. BF4 did it this way too (excpet for SA DLC of course) and I'm perfectly fine with it.
  • Mr_Solomon69
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Yeah I love when they allow us to take off, not magically spawn in the air!
  • Peernu
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    It prevents vehicle stealing, baseraping, spawntrapping and whatnot. BF4 did it this way too (excpet for SA DLC of course) and I'm perfectly fine with it.

They said there will be special role for tank crews, don't see a reason why there shouldn't be a role for pilot. So, you could spawn into the plane to prevent stealing, but could spawn with the plane on the ground and take off yourself.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have a bad feeling they dummied it down for the console people. Do the flight controls on these Biplanes still require you to understand Pitch, Roll, and Yaw? Or were they controlled like the stupid X-Wing in Battlefront. Anyone know?
  • Peernu
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a bad feeling they dummied it down for the console people. Do the flight controls on these Biplanes still require you to understand Pitch, Roll, and Yaw? Or were they controlled like the stupid X-Wing in Battlefront. Anyone know?

Dunno, but I'm guessing yaw will be controlled automatically, based on roll degree.
  • s1sscottishlobo
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn in plane stops the fly boys c4ing your plane when they think it's their god given right to get it before you, so annoying.
  • Rene_16h
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The flight controls are the same as in BF3 and Bf4.
  • DisguisedMike
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It might not look realistic but spawning in the sky gets you back in the action much faster and I don't think that's a bad thing.