Mastery VI Semi-auto rifles: Designed to cause stroke

Bumstag1
60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
We've all seen posts about the last mastery assignment for the semi-auto rifles.
DICE, you really need to take a look at this one. This cannot qualify as a challenge, getting 20 headshots in a round in objective areas requires only luck. Nothing else. With that said, this kind of challenge appears to be designed to stress people out and make them angry over not being able to complete it. I do not consider myself a bad player and I'm sure there are many out here who feel the same about themselves. Yet, we can all agree on this assignment not being fair at all.

Comments

• grrlpurple
    793 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Harder to achieve on console too. There should be a headshot adjustment for consoles.
  • Hawxxeye
    5210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 29
    it is also less of a display of mastery and more of luck
  • StorminNorman123
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HS should be a 1 shot kill also with any rifle.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I agree it's bollocks and should be changed, worth noting is two things:
    -to my knowledge, there is a third objective that tracks as a whole up to 100 Kills. It takes awhile, but I used this for my Model 8 Mastery (and I think RSC Too? Don't remember) and plan on using it for both my Ag m/42 and MAS 44
    -the assignment sometimes bugs and tracks regardless of dying or not. I'm not entirely sure whether it's map-locked or something else. My main assumption was that it's based on not dying between rounds, but it tracked regardless for me on one weapon and also that would be annoying for the Assault SARs considering you have to be on the objective unlike Recon ones which require the enemy to be on the objective.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -to my knowledge, there is a third objective that tracks as a whole up to 100 Kills. It takes awhile, but I used this for my Model 8 Mastery (and I think RSC Too? Don't remember) and plan on using it for both my Ag m/42 and MAS 44
    -the assignment sometimes bugs and tracks regardless of dying or not. I'm not entirely sure whether it's map-locked or something else. My main assumption was that it's based on not dying between rounds, but it tracked regardless for me on one weapon and also that would be annoying for the Assault SARs considering you have to be on the objective unlike Recon ones which require the enemy to be on the objective.

This is correct. There is a third objective which tracks headshots on objectives overall regardless of deaths or round ending. Just keep grinding youll get it eventually.

I did this for the Turner and AG
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is this just for the Mastery assignments or does it include the Proficiency ones too?

And do you know how many kills it is? I've read different figures ranging from 60 to 100?

This is correct. There is a third objective which tracks headshots on objectives overall regardless of deaths or round ending. Just keep grinding youll get it eventually.

• Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    I'm bored to tears of trying to get the receiver for the G43. I always equip it every now and again to try and progress it a bit more. I always go for headshots, get them, but the progress never seems to move. It's a joke.

grrlpurple wrote: »
    Harder to achieve on console too. There should be a headshot adjustment for consoles.

Yeah, I really hate how they put so much emphasis on headshots for console players while they're easing through it with a mouse and keyboard in the offices. It's a joke.

The other thing is, cos it's such a drawn out, borefest by the time you do unlock it, you never wanna use that weapon again cos you're so bored of it and miss playing with other guns. That's how I feel anyway. Like I loved the G43 at first, but i've spend so long trying to get the receiver i'm just fed up of it now.
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    Why all the stress to get gold parts? They look really silly. They should make the challenges more difficult if anything.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this just for the Mastery assignments or does it include the Proficiency ones too?

And do you know how many kills it is? I've read different figures ranging from 60 to 100?

Personally I'm confident that it's 100. Otherwise, I'm not sure if it works for Proficiency, but IMO That one isn't anywhere near as bad, though still a bit annoying.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The proficiency ones I think all have the overall requirement visible. There arent any that are either in a life or in a round such as Master VI
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Personally I'm confident that it's 100. Otherwise, I'm not sure if it works for Proficiency, but IMO That one isn't anywhere near as bad, though still a bit annoying.

My vote is on sixty. I've done a fair share of them this way, mainly SMGs and Semi Autos. Only two to go.

• CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The last Proficiency that I'm doing requires 4 headshots in a life in objective or 10 of the same in a round. And I'm lucky if I get one headshot kill in the objective area in a round.

The proficiency ones I think all have the overall requirement visible. There arent any that are either in a life or in a round such as Master VI

• StealthAria
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Um, it really doesn't need luck, least of all with the semi-auto rifles Assault gets. You don't need to get headshots on people in the same objective as you, you can sit in or near an objective and shoot people that are nowhere near one or versa-vis. Any kill with a defensive or offensive modifier counts as in an objective area. Try Frontlines and Breakthrough, Rush should also be a good mode for it when it comes up.
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I must be a glutton for punishment because I’ve gotten the M1A1, Turner SMLE, Ag m/42, Geweher 43 and MAS 44 all golden out. I can 100% confirm the “3rd hidden option” of 60 headshot kills and you will receive the last golden skin, the Receiver.

And yes, the 20 headshot kills in one round while in objective area is based more on luck than Mastery. I’ve tried game modes like Conquest, Breakthrough, Frontlines and Grand Operations mainly to see which one favors headshots the most and where enemy players are heavily concentrated in smaller areas. The end result was bouncing between Grand Operations and Breakthrough. My personal recommendation for maps and modes would be:

Devastation - Breakthrough/Grand Operations

Arras - Breakthrough

Fjell - Breakthrough

Narvik - Breakthrough/Grand Operations

Rotterdam - Breakthrough

Hamada - Grand Operations (Airborne)

I found these maps a bit denser in map topography and close concentrated area for enemy forces. Good luck!!
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had to do the M1A1 final mastery twice. The first time I got 10 in one life and it completed. The next day I logged in and it had been reset to 0. I unlocked it the second time by the hidden third option, much to say I was pissed off with doing it from scratch again.