AA is OP again. Dmg vs light aircraft is way too high.

Comments

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think we could all foresee BFV unfolding this way when we played the BETA. OP, nerf, OP, nerf. It's pathetic. I think players are sick and tired of it. I want devs to stop doing this, it's spoiling Battlefield.

Players begged EA DICE on the BFV BETA forums to make planes reasonable. There were pages of incredibly detailed and well reasoned arguments for a well balanced aerial dynamic for BFV.

People really put their heart and soul into it.

Then it's: OP, nerf, OP, nerf. It's nauseating. And very off-putting for prospective purchasers.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You understand that algorithm data is looked at for balance right? I can post MAA is OP every day but its just words on a forum. If i go into a match and use it, abuse it even, it will get attention quicker. So literally using it is directly contributing data numbers they somehow use to determine balance. So its abused, but for a purpose. Much like USAS frag rounds in BF3, everyone ran for it knowing it was OP and then they nerfed it due to data showing it was being used way too often for way too many kills.

Yes I do and I was referring to my "flakpanzer is totally balanced" friend. I will abuse the hell out of the Flakpanzer as well. Just had a round with it where I went 29:0 with 22 plane destroys. Enemy bombers didn't even come close. Felt sorry for the pilots though....
    warslag wrote: »
    I think we could all foresee BFV unfolding this way when we played the BETA. OP, nerf, OP, nerf. It's pathetic. I think players are sick and tired of it. I want devs to stop doing this, it's spoiling Battlefield.

Players begged EA DICE on the BFV BETA forums to make planes reasonable. There were pages of incredibly detailed and well reasoned arguments for a well balanced aerial dynamic for BFV.

People really put their heart and soul into it.

Then it's: OP, nerf, OP, nerf. It's nauseating. And very off-putting for prospective purchasers.

I wonder why they haven't learned from the past and gave us a CTE. Even a day of testing on the CTE would have shown that the Flakpanzer is death on wheels... Just as it would have shown that AA is broken before.
  • Beastin_Ur_Maw
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm a flyboy and admit the 1st January patch pretty much killed AAs to the point you never looked or were bothered by them.

This patch is 1 extreme to another, dead in literally seconds. Flakpanzer in particular is like getting aimbot'd.

Why can't they balance properly? This isn't hard...

Somewhere in the middle of the 2 January patches please dice!!
  • blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    blarrgy wrote: »
    Go play War Thunder. All of you just want to kill infantry over and over without threat from the ground. Its pathetic

Pointless comment due to planephobia....

Poor pilots, cant slaughter infantry all game while claiming to want to dogfight. But could play dogfighting games prefers to whine about AA in BFV. Lol.
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Go play War Thunder. All of you just want to kill infantry over and over without threat from the ground. Its pathetic

Pointless comment due to planephobia....

Poor pilots, cant slaughter infantry all game while claiming to want to dogfight. But could play dogfighting games prefers to whine about AA in BFV. Lol.

Typical COD player. RIP
  • Holyshogun
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

What gives
  • rainkloud
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone confirm with their experience that it is specifically the Wirbelwind quad cannon AA that is performing really OP? I mean I know the other cannons are doing better than last patch but is the quad cannon the one that really really stands out? If so I think I know why.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    AA is suppose to counter planes pilots want to fly around unchallenged and have no counter.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please don't go mental at me, I'm not saying mobile aa is fine or anything. My question, I'm often wiped out in my tank by one bomber run. I just expect this from good pilots, why is the fact mobile aa can do likewise to planes so wrong when planes can do this to tanks for example?
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Please don't go mental at me, I'm not saying mobile aa is fine or anything. My question, I'm often wiped out in my tank by one bomber run. I just expect this from good pilots, why is the fact mobile aa can do likewise to planes so wrong when planes can do this to tanks for example?

One word. Bias.

I think its 1 MAA that everyone is complaining about and it's the quad cannon, which I'll admit is really strong.

All other AA I think is fine just need a bit more fall off damage now that the hits are registering properly again.
  • rainkloud
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone confirm with their experience that it is specifically the Wirbelwind quad cannon AA that is performing really OP since last patch? I mean I know the other cannons are doing better than last patch but is the quad cannon the one that really really stands out? If so I think I know why but I need actual player confirmation.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree you need to take evasive maneuvers as soon as AA is locked on hitting you, I played a whole match destroying 14 enemy planes without dying, you dive as low to the ground as low as possible and then immediately start repairing.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Two reasons: 1) The Flakpanzer now almost insta-kills fighters, a plane variant that cannot OHK a tank and 2) in a tank you can evade most bombing runs by moving a few meters away from the flight path of an incoming bomber and the bomber has to first find you on the ground and then come right to you to kill you. By comparison the Flakpanzer can kill you from several hundred meters away, planes are much easier to spot and avoding a Flakpanzer means staying away from half the map.
  • TheSacar
    rainkloud wrote: »
    Can someone confirm with their experience that it is specifically the Wirbelwind quad cannon AA that is performing really OP since last patch? I mean I know the other cannons are doing better than last patch but is the quad cannon the one that really really stands out? If so I think I know why but I need actual player confirmation.

Havent tested the 37mm variant.
  • AssassinAgent47
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Thx for the patch. Now fighters die in 2 seconds. It is almost impossible to escape. Looks like dmg from AA was increased like x3 or even more from previous build. This is insane, make something middle DICE.

You ever been in a light tank ?

Planes of all varieties can literally one shot you.

Welcome to "light-tank-life".

I guess you'll have to rely on attacking home spawn with mines.

• MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    good, spitfire scrubs were nigh invulnerable for too long, and gives them a counter in the big rock paper scissors thing (AA>Fighter>Bomber>AA).
    BS. you die in a split second by the MAA, Thats not balance. Thats only a vehicle for low skill noobs that have airfobia and should play cod.
    Wait and see if not pilot change to bombers. No fighters are no going to be fun for infantry

You also die instantly from OP splash damage from bombers that does nothing but flyby-s and every 30 seconds have almost v2 rocket power releasing carpet bombing on 1 out of 2 objectives. Remove bombers all together and nerf maa, or turn down splash damage from plane bombs to that of tanks than they can nerf maa and increase stationary aa damage for balancing.
    In bfv u couldn't even counter air vehicles from ground until now when they made ww2 maa into tunguska XD.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Two reasons: 1) The Flakpanzer now almost insta-kills fighters, a plane variant that cannot OHK a tank and 2) in a tank you can evade most bombing runs by moving a few meters away from the flight path of an incoming bomber and the bomber has to first find you on the ground and then come right to you to kill you. By comparison the Flakpanzer can kill you from several hundred meters away, planes are much easier to spot and avoding a Flakpanzer means staying away from half the map.

I know your in the sky but doesn't mobile aa have to find you to?, like maps on twisted steel I see planes use the tree lines to break vision. They also can evade by good flying for at least the flack cannon mobile aa. Also, the mobile aa has to keep an eye out for ground threats too which are many. I do know some camp at the homebase but then is that not just a case of staying clear of that area for most mobile aa.

As a tank, I'm often spotted while engaged by the ground forces, then a plane moves in to wipe me out on full health or finish me off because I took a hit from something. Even if I survive, they turn to make another run while I desperately try to fix up if ground enemy forces permit. Heavy tanks are also really slow to accelerate and decent bombers are getting really precise now on PC. They come many a time from nowhere and by the time you see the big bombs dropping it's over.
  • MBT_Layzan
    I do think the mobile aa in the vid is over the top though. The others seem better. But it still stands, decent planes ruin tanks in my games in one attack run, I switch to mobile aa because it's futile doing tanks on those matches.
  • TheSacar

I know your in the sky but doesn't mobile aa have to find you to?, like maps on twisted steel I see planes use the tree lines to break vision. They also can evade by good flying for at least the flack cannon mobile aa. Also, the mobile aa has to keep an eye out for ground threats too which are many. I do know some camp at the homebase but then is that not just a case of staying clear of that area for most mobile aa.

As a tank, I'm often spotted while engaged by the ground forces, then a plane moves in to wipe me out on full health or finish me off because I took a hit from something. Even if I survive, they turn to make another run while I desperately try to fix up if ground enemy forces permit. Heavy tanks are also really slow to accelerate and decent bombers are getting really precise now on PC. They come many a time from nowhere and by the time you see the big bombs dropping it's over.

Using trees to break vision can work. The problem with that is that you don't have time for that once the Flakpanzer shoots you. And Of course you can't do anything while flying so low.
    Yes the mobile AA needs to find you to, but it just has to drive around in 3rd person view and wait for a dark spot to show up on the blue sky backdrop.
    I can't really comment on how effective bombers are against tanks or even against AA as I have stopped flying bombers after leveling them up and I rarely use tanks.