AA is OP again. Dmg vs light aircraft is way too high.

Comments

• Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    SAA built by support is very effective at taking out fighters now, takes only a few seconds to shoot one down.

Fighters yes but stuka and bombers no.

It's supposed to be more of a deterrent vs bombers and not an insta pop weapon seeing how there's 90 per map. Sustained fire on a bomber still wrecks them. I think they're fine tbh.

Yer, with 90 planes per map of AA needs to strong maybe it should do the same damage to the rear of planes as to the front. It is almost like planes have weak spot like tanks.

I meant there's 90 AA.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SAA built by support is very effective at taking out fighters now, takes only a few seconds to shoot one down.

It's supposed to be more of a deterrent vs bombers and not an insta pop weapon seeing how there's 90 per map. Sustained fire on a bomber still wrecks them. I think they're fine tbh.

Yer, with 90 planes per map of AA needs to strong maybe it should do the same damage to the rear of planes as to the front. It is almost like planes have weak spot like tanks.

I meant there's 90 AA.

It's anti aircraft it should be able to do enough damage to destroy bombers and the stuka if they keep coming at you.
  • SirBobdk
    5298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I meant there's 90 AA.

It's anti aircraft it should be able to do enough damage to destroy bombers and the stuka if they keep coming at you.
    Agree. I can fly straight towards the valantine and drop the 1000 kg bomb without taking any enough damage to get killed.
    Trying the same with the German MAA is a guaranteed death. The Valentine is annoying but not a real threat.
    The imbalance between British and German Air right now is significant.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

I meant there's 90 AA.

And..they do dude, go try it. I'm just talking about stationary AA, not the tanks. The valentine still sucks against bombers yeah, but stationary is fine for how many there are (stationary AA at basically every point) and what they're supposed to do. They aren't meant to camp on for the entire map and dominate the sky. If you expect to 8 shot bombers with a stationary AA, you're dreaming.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

I meant there's 90 AA.

And..they do dude, go try it. I'm just talking about stationary AA, not the tanks. The valentine still sucks against bombers yeah, but stationary is fine for how many there are (stationary AA at basically every point) and what they're supposed to do. They aren't meant to camp on for the entire map and dominate the sky. If you expect to 8 shot bombers with a stationary AA, you're dreaming.

The valentine is nowhere near the german AA as anti aircraft, or the stationary, you're just trolling or you've played against the worst pilots in the game or finished off an already damaged plane.

I really think you're just delusional and don't know what you're talking about compared to with what a lot of the others think, your comments just don't match.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    edited February 2019

I meant there's 90 AA.

The valentine is nowhere near the german AA as anti aircraft, or the stationary, you're just trolling or you've played against the worst pilots in the game or finished off an already damaged plane.

I really think you're just delusional and don't know what you're talking about compared to with what a lot of the others think, your comments just don't match.

Dude you either have no reading comprehension or you're the troll. I LITERALLY SAID "The valentine still sucks against bombers yeah, "

I ALSO said, you CAN destroy bombers with stationary AA or valentine if you land all your shots and they pass you, jesus.
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember the marketing for BFV was how the game was going to be hard, recoil on guns, harder bullet patterns to memorize, skill returning. And then you look at how they deal with something OP... gets nerfed into oblivion... or something terrible gets buffed into the stratosphere. Maybe the real marketing should have been about how easy the game is and how anything skilful needs to be obliterated. :D
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I meant there's 90 AA.

Dude you either have no reading comprehension or you're the troll. I LITERALLY SAID "The valentine still sucks against bombers yeah, "

I ALSO said, you CAN destroy bombers with stationary AA or valentine if you land all your shots and they pass you, jesus.

lmao stationary AA is fodder for all planes but especially bombers. You'd have to be completely terrible to die to it.

Sit at the flight ceiling halfway across the map, put your little circle on the AA and click. Killfeed pops up 10 seconds later.

I can literally go whole rounds in the Stuka or Mosquito doing nothing but farming SAA emplacements and go 40-0.

Valentine isn't much better considering its two primary targets can both OHK it with the 1000kg. 37mm can also melt it.

If anything I'd say its 20mm 3x gun option needs brought up to near the Flakpanzer's level while the default 40mm should wreck bombers but be difficult to hit fighters with (yet also wreck them in a few shots if you do)
  • salomaogh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As an infantry player, i like the change. Now infantry has more defense near AA.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    edited February 2019

I meant there's 90 AA.

lmao stationary AA is fodder for all planes but especially bombers. You'd have to be completely terrible to die to it.

Sit at the flight ceiling halfway across the map, put your little circle on the AA and click. Killfeed pops up 10 seconds later.

I can literally go whole rounds in the Stuka or Mosquito doing nothing but farming SAA emplacements and go 40-0.

Valentine isn't much better considering its two primary targets can both OHK it with the 1000kg. 37mm can also melt it.

If anything I'd say its 20mm 3x gun option needs brought up to near the Flakpanzer's level while the default 40mm should wreck bombers but be difficult to hit fighters with (yet also wreck them in a few shots if you do)

Then the person on the AA is stupid for sitting there while a plane is lined up at it across the map don't you think? If you start shooting a fighter that's coming headon, there is so much aimpunch and blind vision on the fighters screen to actually hit you, also if he doesn't see you he's dead.

And no, 4x flakpanzer needs a nerf. Good aim with a stationary AA can take down planes easy. "Good aim" keyword here.
  • TropicPoison

I meant there's 90 AA.

Then the person on the AA is stupid for sitting there while a plane is lined up at it across the map don't you think? If you start shooting a fighter that's coming headon, there is so much aimpunch and blind vision on the fighters screen to actually hit you, also if he doesn't see you he's dead.

And no, 4x flakpanzer needs a nerf. Good aim with a stationary AA can take down planes easy. "Good aim" keyword here.

Yeah because you know exactly when a bomber has you in their sight right?, I think you're just a mad pilot that doesn't want AA to hurt you at all honestly.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Amazing. Pilots who have been flying for days are getting killed by the Flakpanzer while the guy who has a combined 140 kills in the Stuka tells us how he is going 40:0 "farming SAA emplacements". In no round I have ever played have I seen 40 SAA emplacements manned. I simpy cannot avoid getting a feeling that someone is making things up.
    Meanwhile the guy with an anti-air tank as his profile picture keeps telling us that the AA isn't all that powerful and might even need further buffing. Biased a little?
  • TheBaitOne
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stationary AA was pretty useless before this patch but now it can exert control over half the map, I do think DICE went a little overboard this time with the buffs although only a little.

Had one dude recently camp his base AA for the entire game but I was still able to kill him several times with a rocket spit by using the terrain to sneak up on him, he didn't shoot me down once although he came extremely close on several occasions. My point being that the majority of people who decide to fly aircraft aren't going to be proficient enough to take on AA, they're just going to get melted from across the map.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Stationary AA's need to be buffed a little, (farming stationary AA's by flyboys that easily isnt good); Mobile AA needs to get rebalanced (and the german AA bugfixed obviously).

But that's just my humble opinion.
  • TropicPoison
    edited February 2019
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Amazing. Pilots who have been flying for days are getting killed by the Flakpanzer while the guy who has a combined 140 kills in the Stuka tells us how he is going 40:0 "farming SAA emplacements". In no round I have ever played have I seen 40 SAA emplacements manned. I simpy cannot avoid getting a feeling that someone is making things up.
    Meanwhile the guy with an anti-air tank as his profile picture keeps telling us that the AA isn't all that powerful and might even need further buffing. Biased a little?

That's been my profile pic since BF3 when I would use the base AA to defend against vehicle/jet thieves.

And the Valentine MAA does suck in comparison to the german one, if a stuka with the cannons upgrade sees you or a bomber you're usually dead before they are even if you're both shooting each other at the same time.

I might be a tad biased, but between the german and british air and MAA it's very unbalanced.

And I never said all AA or MAA was weak, just the british MAA and the stationary against vehicles like bombers and the Stuka.
  • SirBobdk
    5298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @TropicPoison wrote
    I might be a tad biased, but between the german and british air and MAA it's very unbalanced.
    It is.
    The Valantine can be taken out in one run by the Stuka and the JU88. The Flak Panzer cant.
    The Flak Panzer melts everyting, the Valentine dont.
    Imo the Valentine is close to be what the Flak Panzer should have been. Its still strong bus as a pilot you have a change.
    I maybe could need a little buff. The stationary AA seem to do more damage towards bombers than the Valentine does.
  • thanatopsis
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You people are not flying tanks. If you are getting killed in two seconds it is because you do not know how to fly a plane. Planes are fragile little things. You should not be able to dive bomb an aa with a stuka and live. The flack through your canopy should kill you in 3-4 shots. But for some reason you fly with impunity. Stop whining about being an easy target and start flying like your not a Panzer with wings.

In wwii planes were known to be brought down by soldiers with rifles.

https://www.britishpathe.com/video/home-guard-shoot-down-a-bomber

So be glad you arent able to be taken out with a bren some assault with their semi auto.
  • Kagg
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Thx for the patch. Now fighters die in 2 seconds. It is almost impossible to escape. Looks like dmg from AA was increased like x3 or even more from previous build. This is insane, make something middle DICE.

What are you talking about? AA is next to useless. If anything we need more weapons against airplanes as they dominate every map that has them.
    Air is so OP in this game it's not even funny. If you get killed by AA you're simply really bad.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I seldom have trouble with AA in my BF-109's and Spitfires though? Swooping in to try bombing this is a bad idea, that should be a given, but they die almost instantly if you use your guns. Not to mention the AA only has a range of 300m, and have rather limited turn rates.
    AA aren't the only things that will shred you when you dive in to drop bombs, any MMG will shred you just as quickly.

Instead of flying up at high altitude and diving in to drop your bombs, hug the treeline, punch the throttle open and outrun their vertical traverse.

-÷---÷---÷---÷-

While a Spitfire can't kill a Wirbelwind in one run with bombs, neither can a BF-109 do that to a Valentine. You're comparing apples to pears. A Stuka with the 1000kg bombs can OHK a Valintine, and a Mosquito can wipe a Wirbelwind just the same.
    When you're making a comparison to need to make sure you're comparing using the same class of vehicle. Spitfire is a fighter, Stuka is a light bomber. Just because you gave your fighter bombs, that doesn't make it a bomber.
    If you want to compare the Spitfire to the German equivalent, it does loads more damage with its bombs than the BF-109.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Sounds a lot like all the pilot sweaties talking about other game balance (e.g. MAA) and saying planes that are already as easymode as they've ever been in any BF title need further buffs.

Does this logic apply in the converse? Do you have to shut up about MAA balance because I have more kills with a single MAA tank than you do armor in total, and therefore obviously know so very much more that your little airhead couldn't possibly comprehend with only a couple hundred kills?

Screeching about the AA killing you in 2 seconds when the tanks you barely play die to planes in zero seconds (and aside from AA versions have next to zero means to defend against said planes) is just rich.

Oh and as for SAA, here I get caught between two of them firing at me simultaneously and kill both by flying straight at them

oh and a 3rd one dead seconds later that did all of 5 damage, just to highlight what a complete joke SAA is balance wise

40-0 in one game vs them would only be hard because no player is dumb enough to try and use that deathtrap all game.

yet I don't hear you lot of airheads bleating about that balancing issue like you do the German MAA. I wonder why?