AA is OP again. Dmg vs light aircraft is way too high.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    least of all like when the game launched and they had instant reloads and could kill the entire enemy team in spawn during the round start countdown.
    The flak panzer is just as op as the ju88 was. Nothing can justifie one vehicle being this dominant. It completely removes the reason for fighters. The fighter can't serve it purpose as airspace denial on maps like arras and twisted steel. Its impossible when the MAA covers most of the airspace where the bomber will be. Any good bomber pilot will stay close to the MAA or fly to it as soon as it get attack by fighters.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't know why people continue to support BFV when you get this 'one extreme to another' type of gameplay balancing. Personally, I have been watching BFV to see if the devs are still up to their old tricks before buying BFV.

We all know that there are a lot of players who just want an 'I-hate-planes-machine'. The devs give it to them to keep them happy and not because it's balanced.

The gameplay devs also know all the arguments for and against. But they make AA or MAA too strong anyway. Because it's a popular decision.

The devs kowtow to popular perceptions and opinions.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    least of all like when the game launched and they had instant reloads and could kill the entire enemy team in spawn during the round start countdown.
    The flak panzer is just as op as the ju88 was. Nothing can justifie one vehicle being this dominant. It completely removes the reason for fighters. The fighter can't serve it purpose as airspace denial on maps like arras and twisted steel. Its impossible when the MAA covers most of the airspace where the bomber will be. Any good bomber pilot will stay close to the MAA or fly to it as soon as it get attack by fighters.

I've yet to see a 200-0 flakpanzer, sooo…..

This mass hysteria and exaggeration doesn't actually help balance the game.

The current meta is preferable to the unkillable (by anything other than a fighter) fighters, unusable bombers/flakpanzer and infantry farming (but useless against planes) case round Valentine.

I'd say nerf the case round VAA so it isn't such a faceroll infantry farm vehicle and the balance is in a good spot.

Fighters kill bombers (and infantry if spotting is going on or the pilot is that good at finding them), bombers kill armor including the AA, AA kills fighters, and everything except fighters (bombers, stukas, mosquitos, any other kind of tank or tank destroyer, Assault class) kills the AA
  • SirBobdk
    5319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Cmon m8. you are not being objective.
    No fighter have done 200-0. Most dont even do 10 kills and only the best do 30-40 kills.
    The MAA have been balanced around less than 1% of those flying.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Cmon m8. you are not being objective.
    No fighter have done 200-0. Most dont even do 10 kills and only the best do 30-40 kills.
    The MAA have been balanced around less tha 1% of those flying.

no, but you said it was OP as the launch JU88, which I did see that sort of number in operations

Flakpanzer shreds fighters if they get close but is otherwise not so great. Other tanks murder it. Blenheim and Mosquito can bomb it to oblivion. It's really not that great vs infantry especially if they get close to it.

Have a bomber buddy murdering the thing everytime it spawns and fighters can still fly around with impunity as before.
  • SirBobdk
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    no, but you said it was OP as the launch JU88, which I did see that sort of number in operations
    Planes and specialy bombers have always been op in operation. its a farming place for planes. Somthing DICE have never fixed.
    But in CQ they are not and the fighters have kept them down. Now the flak panzer have taken that role and that is not right.
    Fighters should have been seperated in Dogfighter and Fighter bomber to balance them.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This patch is just absolute BS. I just flew a round on Arras on the German team with a BF109 G6. For a while the British were spawning one fighter and one bomber, while we had a Flakpanzer camping in our spawn. The Spitfires never made it beyond the E flag, before they were gone. I didn't even get a chance to shoot at them before the Flakpanzer had destoyed them. I did get to shoot at a few bombers, but the Flakpanzer usually finished them off well before they came even close to attacking it, leaving me with a kill assist.
    After a while the British just stopped spawning their planes and I could farm the infantry ending with a 52:0.
    I guess the balance has completely shifted towards the Germans. The Flakpanzer just melts all air opposition and the fighters can just take out stationary AA with their rockets. So we went from totally underpowered spitfires in the Beta, to spitfires that ruled the sky, to all British planes getting shot out of the sky by the Flakpanzer. I guess next patch the mosquito will just shred everything...?
  • SirBobdk
    @TheSacar wrote
    The Flakpanzer just melts all air opposition and the fighters can just take out stationary AA with their rockets. So we went from totally underpowered spitfires in the Beta, to spitfires that ruled the sky, to all British planes getting shot out of the sky by the Flakpanzer.
    Well JU88 is also back big time on twisted steel.
    But I didn't complain. I could fly in the Belheim and bomb infantry without any worry about fighters since the germans had fun in bombers.
    Well I'm gonna abuse the german bombers as long as it last.
    This is just absurde.
  • 1LuisAriel
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NICE JOB DICE! The COD players thank you.
    Battlefield is no more Battlefield. WHY vehicles, why 32x32 ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... FLOPFIELD
  • Raptor_i81
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    AA activated MELT mode , DICE can't balance the AA either OP or useless and now the AA went into the OP phase.
  • blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Go play War Thunder. All of you just want to kill infantry over and over without threat from the ground. Its pathetic
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    blarrgy wrote: »
    Go play War Thunder. All of you just want to kill infantry over and over without threat from the ground. Its pathetic

Pointless comment due to planephobia....
  • Kinjishi99
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a pilot, but I just tried the Flakpanzer.

It's so stupid omg. You kill spitfires in less than 1 sec burst, meaning that if a spitfire comes close to you, he is dead, no matter what he does.

I thought Blenheim would be harder, but no rofl. You kill them so fast. Since they are slow, they cannot escape, a bomber was coming in front of me to resupplies (he doesn't see me before), he was dead before he reached me.

Flakpanzer is still strong on infantry. And even on amored vehicle, I thinks it deals more dmg than before.

Haven't seen anything unbalanced like this in a BF. Even the Hellriegel at its more OP period was a joke in comparison. There has never been such an overpowered things neither in BF3 nor in BF4, it's more than insane. I was litteraly smoking and drinking a beer with one hand while destroying all enemy air craft with the other.

That's outstandingly laughable.

I will try Valentine with fast shooting gun. I think it will be the same. Don't worry now you have a 100% win strategy : 2 bomber + AA tank = EZ win.

This game balance ROFL.
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So are we talking mobile AA or the stationary AA?

Mobile are to strong and need a nerf, specifically to infantry, towards air targets its always hit or miss with me in them. Sometimes I wreck planes, sometimes I scratch them.

Last night in stationary AA, I was doing crap damage to all planes unless they were close to me. If they fly high or at a distance they dont do anything.

Im not seeing an issue with them atm. But who knows Ill have to fly more than a few hours tonight and see how they damage me, cause as of last night Stationary AA didn't effect me at all.
  • SirBobdk
    edited January 2019
    @Kinjishi99 WROTE
    2 bomber + AA tank = EZ win.
    Yep. Just take bombers if theres an MAA. Its free farming.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Flakpanzer shreds fighters if they get close but is otherwise not so great. Other tanks murder it.

They really dont. A british mobile AA will wreck a Panzer 4, especially when the AA gets the first shot. Just a countless stream of damage while the Panzer 4 driver cant see anything because your tank shakes due to every hit like a Parkinson patient. Which just fits Dice bias of british vehicles being better than their german counterpart with the exception of the JU-88 but that is another topic...
  • Kinjishi99
    edited January 2019

Mobile are to strong and need a nerf, specifically to infantry, towards air targets its always hit or miss with me in them. Sometimes I wreck planes, sometimes I scratch them.

Last night in stationary AA, I was doing crap damage to all planes unless they were close to me. If they fly high or at a distance they dont do anything.

Im not seeing an issue with them atm. But who knows Ill have to fly more than a few hours tonight and see how they damage me, cause as of last night Stationary AA didn't effect me at all.

Stationary AA does too much damage to fighters imo

Yes, it's OP, especially on fighters. But it's nowhere near OP as mobile AA, which is god like right now.
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kinjishi99 wrote: »

But it's nowhere near OP as mobile AA, which is god like right now.

So what are these videos suppose to mean? Your flying less than 100m from an aa so of course it's going to do more damage to you. The moment you got some distance it was barely hurting you.
    This is how its suppose to work. Dont fly so close to them and expect to not take a ton of damage.

The second one took you FOREVER to do anything significant to that tank, the infantry on the other hand might need to be toned down.

So just based on those videos I would say reduce the damage to infantry but keep everything else the same.

Planes getting that close to flak cannons should be mowed down.
  • Kinjishi99
    edited January 2019
    Kinjishi99 wrote: »

But it's nowhere near OP as mobile AA, which is god like right now.

So what are these videos suppose to mean? Your flying less than 100m from an aa so of course it's going to do more damage to you. The moment you got some distance it was barely hurting you.
    This is how its suppose to work. Dont fly so close to them and expect to not take a ton of damage.

The second one took you FOREVER to do anything significant to that tank, the infantry on the other hand might need to be toned down.

So just based on those videos I would say reduce the damage to infantry but keep everything else the same.

Planes getting that close to flak cannons should be mowed down.

Except that stationary AA covers a larger area than mobile AA. Depending the map and where it is, you can almost cover the whole map with it. So as a fighter, considering the damage it does to you, you have no choice but taking it down. It was like that before. If killing a stationary AA is easy with BF109 because of rockets, MKVA just have machine gun and bombs so you are forced to get close of the AA canon. And you are dead if you do it.

You will tel me pick a MKVB, it has rocket. Oh yeah, but MKVB + rocket doesn't have instant repair and that's a huge disadvantage in all situations, even when you fight a stationary AA.

Stationary AA are everywhere, there are too much of them. They needed a buff since before, it was really hard for stationary AA to kill anything, even if they were already very annoying for us pilot, and also, an accurate stationary AA was able to take down a fighter which was attacking it.

Now you can't just do anything if you don't have rockets. And the worst thing is : if you are hunting a bomber, or worse, in dogfight, and someone pick a stationary AA, there is no way you escape, you are just dead.

Do you really think it's ok?

Tanks were already SPM booster for Assault, and now, fighters are useless. I know it's not the real life, but there's such thing as a limit !