Thank you DICE. AA is in a perfect place. Well done!!!

«1345678
Shrediron
205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As title states, the AA right now is perfect.

Planes can still dominate and rain down hell, and AA can throw it right back at them.

The damage is spot on, the guns still heat up fast requiring the AA to slow down the attack.
Pilots are no longer dive bombing AA, which is how it should be.
Planes that fly high and use caution are staying alive for much of the match. The ones who are brazen skating the ground and think nothing can kill them are getting schooled.


This is how it should be. Now if you could just nerf assault against tanks :) (panzerfaust need to do less damage, dynamite should do nothing to a tank).

Thank you again!


Comments

  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Stationary is fine, AA tanks are blatantly OP.

    Hahahaha bs when you can't use a tank to push and just use it to camp, is totally opposite to being OP. The way tanks worked in BF1 was perfect for me and very annoyed that in this game the tanks seem to have Armour with the strength of ply wood.

  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    Digger_CB wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Stationary is fine, AA tanks are blatantly OP.

    Hahahaha bs when you can't use a tank to push and just use it to camp, is totally opposite to being OP. The way tanks worked in BF1 was perfect for me and very annoyed that in this game the tanks seem to have Armour with the strength of ply wood.

    Why push with an AA tank when it has a range of 600m? Armor with the strength of plywood? 2 rockets do 30 damage to tanks lmao. What are you on my guy.
    There's no need to push when you can just sit at your resupply and decimate planes from across the map.

    Also OP just said dynamite should do nothing to a tank. Lul ok.
  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Digger_CB wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Stationary is fine, AA tanks are blatantly OP.

    Hahahaha bs when you can't use a tank to push and just use it to camp, is totally opposite to being OP. The way tanks worked in BF1 was perfect for me and very annoyed that in this game the tanks seem to have Armour with the strength of ply wood.

    Why push with an AA tank when it has a range of 600m? Armor with the strength of plywood? 2 rockets do 30 damage to tanks lmao. What are you on my guy.

    AA? I am talking about the Churchills, Tigers Panzer etc, as soon as try to push into a point as a tank you are swarmed on by Assualt who just own the tanks who can't even move there turret quick enough to counteract the threat. Also is the 30 dmg to the front, side or back?

    I recommend playing as a Tank in any mode and you will see why tank drivers complain so much.
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Digger_CB wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Digger_CB wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Stationary is fine, AA tanks are blatantly OP.

    Hahahaha bs when you can't use a tank to push and just use it to camp, is totally opposite to being OP. The way tanks worked in BF1 was perfect for me and very annoyed that in this game the tanks seem to have Armour with the strength of ply wood.

    Why push with an AA tank when it has a range of 600m? Armor with the strength of plywood? 2 rockets do 30 damage to tanks lmao. What are you on my guy.

    AA? I am talking about the Churchills, Tigers Panzer etc, as soon as try to push into a point as a tank you are swarmed on by Assualt who just own the tanks who can't even move there turret quick enough to counteract the threat. Also is the 30 dmg to the front, side or back?

    I recommend playing as a Tank in any mode and you will see why tank drivers complain so much.

    The thread isn't about tanks it's about AA. Tanks suck in general cause they have no main cannon splash whatsoever
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Stationary is fine, AA tanks are blatantly OP.

    How? Planes can take tanks down in 1 hit and sometimes you don't even hear them coming. Planes can also bomb and take out an entire squadron or more.

    Planes still have more chance to dominate than any tank or infantry in the game. Seems balanced to me.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pro_b0 wrote: »
    I have only tried the stationary AA so far and I have to agree. The damage is pretty spot on. You have to lead quite a bit, but apart from that I think it’s well done.

    Exactly! Its not like you can spam the AA EVEN as an engineer.

    I took on a number of planes last night on Fjell and I could only kill the fastest planes if they already had damage. The planes that did well were the ones that flew below the AA gun, used acrobatic maneuvers to make my aim more difficult, or flew high up out of range of the gun.

    The ones that got blown up were the pilots who wanted to do a showdown against me, and even then I died in some cases.

    Its clear as day that the AA do not perform as well as they used to, but they do have the ability to do what they were intended to do. Seems perfectly balanced to me :)
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 30
    Valentine case round still needs a nerf but otherwise yeah MAA is good

    It isn't anymore just some joke you fly straight into the guns of to one hit kill or chain disable with bombs/rockets/cannon

    Stationary AA is still a complete joke, though. Anyone that gets on that thing is a free kill.
  • Vachan
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree, atm you get wrecked by the AA if u are in range and if the guy is somewhat capable u dont stand a chance. I know the fighters (or the stuka or musquito) are for taking down other planes but if there is no one in the sky the next best thing to do is to damage or kill ground units, and thats very difficult ( a bit to difficult, and no im not a noob pilot or anything like that ust sayn:P) at the moment. The argument that u can fly out of the range of the AA guns doesn't matter because when ur that far away u are not gonna get any ground kills anyway. So a little bit of tweaking could get the balance right
  • Agent_Talon
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right now I'm seeing the German planes go uncontested in the sky because there are no Allied fighters to do anything about them. I just finished a round on Arras and shot down 5 fighters basically from spawn and then they just stopped taking planes out.

    It's under 5 seconds to kill a plane right now and that seems a bit aggressive. But until they change it....I'm gonna use it lol
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Digger_CB wrote: »
    Borges1091 wrote: »
    Stationary is fine, AA tanks are blatantly OP.

    Hahahaha bs when you can't use a tank to push and just use it to camp, is totally opposite to being OP. The way tanks worked in BF1 was perfect for me and very annoyed that in this game the tanks seem to have Armour with the strength of ply wood.

    Why push with an AA tank when it has a range of 600m? Armor with the strength of plywood? 2 rockets do 30 damage to tanks lmao. What are you on my guy.
    There's no need to push when you can just sit at your resupply and decimate planes from across the map.

    Also OP just said dynamite should do nothing to a tank. Lul ok.

    A fully upgraded AA should dominate, for the most part, the air. AT planes can still easily kill them though, but if the AA plays it smart they can take them out before they explode.

    Very close match up, which is good.

    Also, dynamite shouldn't do damage against any armor that's medium+. Non shape charged explosives just explode like a firecracker on your open palm.
  • Lone1988
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shrediron wrote: »
    As title states, the AA right now is perfect.

    Planes can still dominate and rain down hell, and AA can throw it right back at them.

    The damage is spot on, the guns still heat up fast requiring the AA to slow down the attack.
    Pilots are no longer dive bombing AA, which is how it should be.
    Planes that fly high and use caution are staying alive for much of the match. The ones who are brazen skating the ground and think nothing can kill them are getting schooled.


    This is how it should be. Now if you could just nerf assault against tanks :) (panzerfaust need to do less damage, dynamite should do nothing to a tank).

    Thank you again!


    Spoken like someone that doesnt fly very often and likes to camp in the spawn with an AA Tank because it can shoot across the map. The only Bomber capable of taking out an AA Tank in one go is the JU88. However the chances of the plane winning are lower than the other way around. The British Bombers dont stand a chance against any Tank. Even the T34 is not a guaranteed kill with 4 Bombs.

    Planes that fly high are useless to the team because they cant see **** let alone bomb efficiently.

    The AA Tanks need to be nerfed again. Panzerstorm is impossible to play as the British now with 2 Wirbelwind in the Enemy spawn. DICE still doesnt know **** about balancing anything.
  • VincentNZ
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've only been killed once by a plane today and that was on Fjell. I really like it, and honestly do not care if the AA is overpowered as long as they are looking into the sky doing their job and I am getting pestered on the ground by two vehicles less.
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are not even close to being in a perfect place...

    Right now attackers are totally screwed.. as Defenders have more AA guns and are harder to shut down.. the Defenders can all spawn bombers and smash the already disadvantaged attackers. If you go after the Bombers in fighters they just circle the rear area right behind there front and the defenders AA blows the fighters out of the sky. This update totally screwed Attacker/defender game play. Giving even more power to the defender.. It's like Dice doesn't even play there own game or have a clue how to balance attacker/defender game play.
  • Kinjishi99
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, there was something called skill. AA were not needed, because skill was better. I show you

    The worst thing is : these kind of gameplay hasn't disapeared. You can do it in BF 5. Look

    Yeah, but players are not skilled anymore. They need to be able to kill planes in a flash with very little aim required while drinking a beer.

    New generation. New players. Enjoy.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!