Discussion - Practice Range Updates

EA_Alexander
542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
BFV Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #2, introduced a bunch of new features for the Practice Range.

1h1qg0rhyh2c.jpg

Make sure to check out the full list of new modes, features and updates to the Practice Range on our website, test them out and let us know what you think! We would like to know what works and what doesn't? What you'd like to see changed?

Keep it constructive and on topic.

Comments

• DrkBlueXG
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On Xbox One, I've noticed that when doing clay shooting with a certain gun (not sure which on atm. it has a side loading mag), it goes on an infinite reloading loop. Also, the gun switching doesn't work when selecting different guns. Instead, you have to go back into the menu to select the gun again and back out for the gun to switch.
  • Kw_BberN_t
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am missing the Ribeyrolles 1918
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When can we use different planes,should have had practice range on panzerstorm map,bigger flying area.
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love the practice range. Although my friend ruined it for me when he said, "it sucks, because you can't specialize your weapons." Grrr I will continue to try it.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would have loved to see the differences between different zeroing distances of snipers but oh well~
  • RazBluetawn
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I think something like BF4's Test Range imo would be much better than these "mini game" type scenarios (I understand that they're meant more for new players, but unfortunately we're not all new players). In BF5 i haven't even jumped into the Practice Range because i know i can't use all the weapons i use in multiplayer with their respective attachments and specializations. I'm sure it's too late to rework the entire practice range but maybe just let us use our own loadouts similar to how it was in BF4.
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I agree with most people i read here… We need to be able to use everything from online, in the range... use and activate our specializations, all the planes, all the guns, everything!

Also an area where we can drive around and test the tanks instead of the small roads.

maybe also make the spawns more like online when you've activated friendly fire to create a war against friends.. it is stupid to spawn the same place with 15 seconds you have to wait too...
  • DrkBlueXG
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    maybe also make the spawns more like online when you've activated friendly fire to create a war against friends.. it is stupid to spawn the same place with 15 seconds you have to wait too...

You mean,...more like a RSP? *Hint* *Hint* DICE
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still think the practice range isn't very useful until we can equip upgrades on the weapons to see what skill tree may be best suited to our play styles.
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was excited that I can finally go have actual aim practice since we can now fully disable the aim assist. but I had to report a bug yesterday. On PS4, in the aim practice area when I ran out of ammo, I was OUT of ammo. You could pick up ammo from the box, press reload, watch the reload animation, but weapon still empty and bullet count still zero.
  • Tucci243
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Long range targets, for snipers would be nice. I also tried the grenade portion, and had a problem with the barrels exploding before the grenade even went off.
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The practice range should have been a place where you can spawn in, select any weapon, apply different specializations to it, then test it to see how it affects your aim.

Instead, we got a new single player campaign, which is totally an overkill for what a practice range should have been.

Think I used the practice range once & that was about it. If I want to test a different specialization on a weapon, I spawn into a game & do the tests at spawn HQ before exiting again.
  • DrkBlueXG
    I do wanna say though, that I appreciate them adding teleports and main teleport hub to get around the map.
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bullet drop animation is cool, please add targets at 250m and 500m.
    Please allow us to add specializations to the guns to see how our specialized weapons will perform in game. Let us use our classes like the range in BF4.
  • salomaogh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    we still can't use the PIAT or the grenade rifle, but i like the idea of the ammo boxes not having a cooldown timer.
  • zterrans
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They really need to add in the missing vehicles. I wish they would let us use our gear too, but the absence if such a basic feature seems to be the result of intentional design.
  • oXxDarknessxXo
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    who cares... only 2% of people playing use the practice range........