Discussion - Panzerstorm Update

EA_Alexander
542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
The Panzerstorm map, a haven for tank warfare across a massive terrain of rolling fields, is getting several updates during Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes.

gmieurqm3ir4.jpg

Based on feedback from our players and telemetry data collected from thousands of matches, we knew we needed to refine the map, particularly the encounters between soldiers and vehicles. Check out the full list of changes to Panzerstorm, then jump in and "kick the tires". Come back and give us your feedback. We're listening.

Comments

• beat_strandh
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It didnt feel that much different. Still a very dull and silent map compared to most other maps in the game.
    I think you should bring A and G flag closer to D. It would make the flags more populated and also attacking tanks could easier flank from behind.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was great. The additions to the swine farm are perfect. Well done
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel the changes are fantastic. It was my favorite map beforehand, and now I absolutely love it as an infantry player that doesn't use vehicles at all. F is actually a playable competitive objective zone now, and the added foliage and terrain changes definitely help map traversal on foot.

These are changes I love seeing. GG dice.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I loved this map then and still love it now, it's the only true BF map in my opinion as it conveys a true sense of scale
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Seems to me on Arras, F flag changes has given the advantage to Axis and pushed the balance off.
    Something similar should have been done to B flag. Create more buildings and hiding places to ambush to bring balance back.
    As of right now if Axis can take F it creates a situation where Allied get locked down there trying to get it back. Therefore neglecting other flags.
    Just my feel afterwards playing both sides.
  • davisbrandon1911
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loved it.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    With these changes the name should be changed also. From Panzerstorm to Infantrystorm.
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love this map now,great changes.
  • NL02502
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love it!
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just seen on twitter that your asking what players would like to see changed on other maps,please add some bunkers with 2 or 3 floors.add some pill boxes on rotterdam and twisted steel.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, right now Panzerstorm has become my favorite map.
  • youngblood253
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    now if you guys would only speed up the spawn times for the armor jesus its painful
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The changes are good. Could maybe do with a bit more infantry love on the E-D-C corridors
  • ThemAlfs
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep. This map is the best one. Nice variety to get stuck into and the fields are lovely!
  • DavTan
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why are f and g still much closer to each other than a and b ?
    Seems imbalanced to me.
    I haven't had a chance to play as a tanker on the new version yet.
    But I have my doubts that you can buff infantry tactics without compromise to tankers ... I'm paraphrasing your blog.
    In fact that claim sounds non sensical to me

• StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Liked it before, like it even more now. Still wish it had few more tanks. Maps like this bring me back to BF42/2
  • ubermorgen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love the update makes infantry life much easier, very hard to get a chance in a Tank as Driver usually able to get crew slot which is pretty boring on the inside and deadly on the top. Fantastic Map scale much much better love big maps next big one needs a very big river for engineers to build/repair bridges no other way across for armour much more realistic need to have big tank armies on both sides with artillery more prevalent for either team
  • DavTan
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Be daring dice, give us 12 tanks a side to start with instead of the measly 6 .... Imagine the clash of battle as they meet . Increase the aircraft by 1 or 2 as well.
    This would give more players the chance to improve their vehicle skills .
    I mean you have infantry centric maps like Rotterdam, devastation , narvic where it can be very difficult to tank because of the environment. So it's nice to have a map where it's the opposite.
    Also increase tank availability on hamada please for the same reasons.
  • COGSx86
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Amazing map feels like Oman(best bf map of all time) golmud, Shanghai, Caspoan etc

But just bring the objectives closer together, you should be able to shot your enemies from you area in conquest. add more vehicles on all maps!

That is what battlefield is!

Not run around looking for enemies
  • bloodprizm
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pazerstorm is far and away the best map in the game. This is Battlefield. Please, please make more maps like this. Keep the closet/corridor shooters to a minimum. Keep the true spirt of Battlefield alive! Remember "End of the Line" from BFBC2? Now that was fun. A long open map with some tight points to fight it out. Great stuff.