Broken Game, Glitchy Game or Just Fine?

Mishkin37
636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 9
I’ve been wondering if there are any parallels between the issues people are having on Xbox. My game plays great, and when I read these forums, it feels like most people are playing a different game than me; however, I know others are having legitimate problems with the game. So what gives?

If you’re interested in finding some patterns, copy and reply to these questions, and we’ll see if we get some good data.

1) Xbox Model: OG, S, X?
2) Startup Mode: Energy Saving, Instant On
3) Hard Drive: Internal, External, External SSD?
4) Average Ping?
5) Average Download/Upload?
6) Distance from Nearest Server? (you might have to dig a little to find yours)

7) Issues That Ruin My Gameplay Experience? (I realize this is subjective...I’m thinking of game-breaking stuff that makes you want to play something else instead)

I know...some of these questions are probably irrelevant; like I said, I’m looking for parallels.

Here are mine:

1) X
2) Energy Saving
3) External SSD
4) 25
5) 115 DL/10 UL
6) 400 miles/650 km
7) Very few
- game crashed in the middle of a firefight (killed 2 enemies back to back then a tank shell blew up the building I was in...too much to process I guess)
- lots of 1-shot deaths, especially from pistols, due to TTD, I think
- Can’t see end of round summary (10-20% of time)
Post edited by Mishkin37 on

Comments

• Redstripe101
    1832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not interested, I've submitted to the feedback thread, made my own posts, and posted in similar threads to validate others. I have 3 videos within the first 2 hours of playing the new patch. The ONLY response I was given by a moderator was a twitter citing it was on Microsoft side. Sorry, not the same issue but I will post my clips here since you seem interested.

this isnt even a blackscreen so funny they quote me to a twitter for Microsoft. Isnt this forum for feedback? but as you see i still tried the FOV "work around" that has been known since BF1. Doesnt work either.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ggf9Eyrs3PuPboiF

and then 2 types of blackscreens, one was straight after i had to dashboard. but i restarted the game into another blackscreen. Zero other games gave me this issue except for BF1.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ggSirpF5KSJc7Y6U

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ggJFzTYW14RlDnVd

I'm also on wired connection.
  • Mishkin37
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not interested, I've submitted to the feedback thread, made my own posts, and posted in similar threads to validate others. I have 3 videos within the first 2 hours of playing the new patch. The ONLY response I was given by a moderator was a twitter citing it was on Microsoft side. Sorry, not the same issue but I will post my clips here since you seem interested.

this isnt even a blackscreen so funny they quote me to a twitter for Microsoft. Isnt this forum for feedback? but as you see i still tried the FOV "work around" that has been known since BF1. Doesnt work either.

and then 2 types of blackscreens, one was straight after i had to dashboard. but i restarted the game into another blackscreen. Zero other games gave me this issue except for BF1.

I watched your videos. They’re legit.

So as of right now, we both use a wired connection.

Is the rest of your setup like mine? If so, that sucks royally. I’d be PO’ed, too.

• Redstripe101
    1832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

I watched your videos. They’re legit.

So as of right now, we both use a wired connection.

Is the rest of your setup like mine? If so, that sucks royally. I’d be PO’ed, too.

i'll check speed when home, but i stream at times and record fine, even video call family. during BF1 i had a xbox one x, now i have the one s, still an issue. no external HD, no energy saving mode either and im pretty good at keep tons of free space and clearing cache.
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1) Xbox Model: X
    2) Startup Mode: Instant On
    3) Hard Drive: Internal
    4) Average Ping? 47-49
    5) Average Download/Upload? 200 down 35 up
    6) Distance from Nearest Server? (Will return to answer this)

7) Issues That Ruin My Gameplay Experience? The infinite downed glitch is one, although ive only experienced it twice. Other than that, I dont have many other complaints.
  • full951
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    how do you find out distance from server?
  • Mishkin37
    full951 wrote: »

I didn’t find great info, but this video claims to show the beta server locations. Since they looked similar to BF1, I used them.

According to this, the US, for example, has servers in Virginia, Ohio and Oregon.

• ElliotLH
    4903 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I fortunately don't encounter too many issues but thought I'd respond for the feedback.

1) Xbox Model: X (I have an OG and S too but don't game on those)
    3) Hard Drive: External SSD
    4) Average Ping? 26 on EU and 88 on US East (been meaning to move to a wired connection)
    5) Average Download/Upload: 76mbps / 13mbps
    6) Distance from Nearest Server? (you might have to dig a little to find yours) Pass. I'm in Edinburgh so not sure if this would be London or Ireland.
  • Mishkin37
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    6) Distance from Nearest Server? (you might have to dig a little to find yours) Pass. I'm in Edinburgh so not sure if this would be London or Ireland.

Looks like a tossup; you’re about 400 mi/650 km from both.

• ElliotLH
    4903 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Looks like a tossup; you’re about 400 mi/650 km from both.

Thank you!
  • full951
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

I didn’t find great info, but this video claims to show the beta server locations. Since they looked similar to BF1, I used them.

According to this, the US, for example, has servers in Virginia, Ohio and Oregon.

those are not ideal locations. those. server locations should remain.... but uh.. the obvious move would be servers in the costal states
  • CosmicStriker
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i thought their servers were were EA offices are located.
    https://www.ea.com/about
  • GrimeySix
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

1) Xbox Model: OG
    2) Startup Mode: Energy Saving
    3) Hard Drive: Internal
    4) Average Ping: 37
    5) Average Download/Upload: 36mb/s down, 10mb/s up
    6) Distance from Nearest Server: not sure where to find this, but I'm in Chicago so I imagine not far

7) Issues That Ruin My Gameplay Experience: ttk/TTD inconsistencies. Not always, but at times it feels like enemies are bullet sponges and I shatter like glass on contact with anything.

• LoHDillyD1lly
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1) Xbox Model: S
    3) Hard Drive: Internal 1TB
    4) Average Ping? 70
    5) Average Download/Upload? 65/35
    6) Distance from Nearest Server? (you might have to dig a little to find yours) ~60 miles
    7) Issues That Ruin My Gameplay Experience: Matchmaking forcing me to play on west coast US servers (ping 160,bullets don't register)
  • Mishkin37
    edited February 4
    Thanks, everybody.

The only real parallels I’m seeing here are that people who’ve responded are not experiencing many gamebreaking glitches.
  • ElliotLH
    Thanks, everybody.

The only real parallels I’m seeing here are that people who’ve responded are not experiencing many gamebreaking glitches.

Bit of a shame that. Would have been good to get some more info to compare.
  • Mishkin37
    I changed the title. Maybe that will help get more input.
  • Redstripe101
    just search blackscreen and ask specs in existing threads
  • Mishkin37
    just search blackscreen and ask specs in existing threads

Then I have to compile the info.

If people include it here, they’re the ones doing the work, rather than me.
  • LoHDillyD1lly
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, everybody.

What I've noticed is, that the blackscreen loading error only happens when I have high ping on a server and I press continue at the end of round to start loading in the next map. If I wait a minute, everything seems fine.
  • skins4ever21
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy game but still say it's broken just cause the sheer amount of times I get totally kicked to dashboard or have to restart my console. Never had these types of problems with any game I've played before. Not even mentioning the insane amount of glitches/bugs. I have faith they will at some point get most corrected.