Broken Game, Glitchy Game or Just Fine?

2

Comments

  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy game but still say it's broken just cause the sheer amount of times I get totally kicked to dashboard or have to restart my console. Never had these types of problems with any game I've played before. Not even mentioning the insane amount of glitches/bugs. I have faith they will at some point get most corrected.

    The dash boarding seems like the most discouraging glitch. That would drive me batty. I guess I’m lucky that I haven’t experienced it yet.

    Not to be nosey or a pain, but do you mind stating what you’re playing on (the questions on the original post)? There has to be some reason for it; BF4 dashboarded like crazy for me, and that was the worst.

  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you had asked me a week ago I would have said yeah there are a few bugs that are frustrating but overall a fun experience...after the last 3 nights of playing, I’m about ready to throw my Xbox through my TV and through the window on the other side. Then go outside and finish it off with a sledge hammer. I’ve had more rageworthy moments in the past few days than all of my other times combined that I can remember. I don’t know what’s up? It’s all the above and then some....maybe it’s time for a break?
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I enjoy game but still say it's broken just cause the sheer amount of times I get totally kicked to dashboard or have to restart my console. Never had these types of problems with any game I've played before. Not even mentioning the insane amount of glitches/bugs. I have faith they will at some point get most corrected.

    The dash boarding seems like the most discouraging glitch. That would drive me batty. I guess I’m lucky that I haven’t experienced it yet.

    Not to be nosey or a pain, but do you mind stating what you’re playing on (the questions on the original post)? There has to be some reason for it; BF4 dashboarded like crazy for me, and that was the worst.

    Xbox one X
    Ping usually around 16-17 steady.. playing on very fast connection
    Wired into router

    It should be very stable and I don't think it's internet issues in any way cause when it kicks me to dashboard I'm still signed into my account. Like I said I play many games like Madden, Red Dead Redemption, racing games, assassins creed, GTA, etc and never had this type of issue prior to this game. I would bug out and get booted a few times when I first got the game but it got way worse after last 2 patches. I've had a couple times where I started up the game and for 2-3 games it booted me before I got in.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I enjoy game but still say it's broken just cause the sheer amount of times I get totally kicked to dashboard or have to restart my console. Never had these types of problems with any game I've played before. Not even mentioning the insane amount of glitches/bugs. I have faith they will at some point get most corrected.

    The dash boarding seems like the most discouraging glitch. That would drive me batty. I guess I’m lucky that I haven’t experienced it yet.

    Not to be nosey or a pain, but do you mind stating what you’re playing on (the questions on the original post)? There has to be some reason for it; BF4 dashboarded like crazy for me, and that was the worst.

    Xbox one X
    Ping usually around 16-17 steady.. playing on very fast connection
    Wired into router

    It should be very stable and I don't think it's internet issues in any way cause when it kicks me to dashboard I'm still signed into my account. Like I said I play many games like Madden, Red Dead Redemption, racing games, assassins creed, GTA, etc and never had this type of issue prior to this game. I would bug out and get booted a few times when I first got the game but it got way worse after last 2 patches. I've had a couple times where I started up the game and for 2-3 games it booted me before I got in.

    Geez, that’s weird. It makes no sense how one person’s experience can be so different than another’s, using the same equipment. That’s frustrating.

    Aside from my SSD external and Energy Saving mode, we’ve got the same setup (and I don’t think either of those have anything to do with crashing).
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    1) Xbox Model: OG
    2) Startup Mode: Energy Saving
    3) Hard Drive: Internal
    4) Average Ping: 37
    5) Average Download/Upload: 36mb/s down, 10mb/s up
    6) Distance from Nearest Server: not sure where to find this, but I'm in Chicago so I imagine not far

    7) Issues That Ruin My Gameplay Experience: ttk/TTD inconsistencies. Not always, but at times it feels like enemies are bullet sponges and I shatter like glass on contact with anything.


    Same here, it destroys my desire to play, makes it impossible to enjoy. Last night was the worst in a while, nothing but quick one shot deaths. While anyone I shoot at takes 40-60 damage only.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xbox One X
    Ping 16-20
    75mbps 14mbps
    Server no idea am in central England
    WiFi not hard wired
    Instant On

    Not had any issues apart from the TOW not tracking and that’s been fixed. Game plays very smoothly, never lost connection to a server, no problems. Got around 90hrs game time in.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just updated my original post. In the last week, I’ve had:
    - lots of 1-shot deaths
    - game crashed on Twisted Steel in the middle of lots of explosions
  • zack9912000
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    I will happily say it is very broken. Between all the issues players are bullet sponges, this game is COD all over again, where the hell is hard core mode.. No one idk what you use should take more then 10 rounds to the body and still have a ton of health left. Head shots are hit or miss at best. I can get several on a guy and get the audible single I am getting their head and they live after 3-5 headshots. Also why do I have to stab someone two to three times when I sneak up on them to kill them.

    Lasted few gripes is when I play assault I use up my entire explosive inventory against a tank and it won’t go down. So I need to use two load outs to even kill the tank, sweet spot or not. Also how about you are laying prone and the gave shoves you into the open or makes you stand up, really sucks when you are in a fire fight and the game gives them a freebie kill. How about the latest issue since the patch of invisible players where you die and no one is there but in the kill came one or several people are right in front of you

    That is beyond stupid when you clearly have plenty of room to lay prone, how about you can’t climb over a simple fence or snow berm, it refuses to let you over and you get killed wasting so long to try and climb over a damn snow berm two feet tall.

    Also I want a option for players with a damn mic, I rarely find anyone with a mic that uses it. All of mine friends on live refuse to play the game because of all the problems. There are fan boys on here who make excuse for dice or say you are just exaggerating yet this game has record low sales....
    Post edited by zack9912000 on
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will happily say it is very broken. Between all the issues players are bullet sponges, this game is COD all over again, where the hell is hard core mode.. No one idk what you use should take more then 10 rounds to the body and still have a ton of health left. Head shots are hit or miss at best. I can get several on a guy and get the audible single I am getting their head and they live after 3-5 headshots. Also why do I have to stab someone two to three times when I sneak up on them to kill them.

    Lasted few gripes is when I play assault I use up my entire explosive inventory against a tank and it won’t go down. So I need to use two load outs to even kill the tank, sweet spot or not. Also how about you are laying prone and the gave shoves you into the open or makes you stand up, really sucks when you are in a fire fight and the game gives them a freebie kill. How about the latest issue since the patch of invisible players where you die and no one is there but in the kill came one or several people are right in front of you

    That is beyond stupid when you clearly have plenty of room to lay prone, how about you can’t climb over a simple fence or snow berm, it refuses to let you over and you get killed wasting so long to try and climb over a damn snow berm two feet tall.

    Also I want a option for players with a damn mic, I rarely find anyone with a mic that uses it. All of mine friends on live refuse to play the game because of all the problems. There are fan boys on here who make excuse for dice or say you are just exaggerating yet this game has record low sales....

    I've heard one person on a mic since launch. Heard there might be a glitch.
  • SWCC9517
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing tonight on team death match, shot a guy right in the head about ten feet away and took two shots. I get get killed with a single shot right after, full health and same weapon. Makes no sense to me
  • SixTouge
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »

    Same here, it destroys my desire to play, makes it impossible to enjoy. Last night was the worst in a while, nothing but quick one shot deaths. While anyone I shoot at takes 40-60 damage only.

    I can definitely relate, it can get super frustrating, especially if you're having a bad round. What I've started doing, if it's happening too much, I'll back out of the game and find another. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but it feels like it can improve/help things sometimes. I often wonder if it's just a weird combo of connections in a game.
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have days were you get a black screen for the pause menu, home screen does not load. When you die and go to check the assignment page your screen stays on a frosted looking screen were you can't do anything but restart the game
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    diagoro wrote: »

    Same here, it destroys my desire to play, makes it impossible to enjoy. Last night was the worst in a while, nothing but quick one shot deaths. While anyone I shoot at takes 40-60 damage only.

    I can definitely relate, it can get super frustrating, especially if you're having a bad round. What I've started doing, if it's happening too much, I'll back out of the game and find another. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but it feels like it can improve/help things sometimes. I often wonder if it's just a weird combo of connections in a game.

    Yes. If I’m in a lobby with lots of 1-shot deaths and my team’s getting rolled, I find a new one at the end of the round.

    It gives some peace of mind.
    saxo101 wrote: »
    I have days were you get a black screen for the pause menu, home screen does not load. When you die and go to check the assignment page your screen stays on a frosted looking screen were you can't do anything but restart the game

    I haven’t experienced the black screen thing, but it did happen frequently in BF1 (I played that primarily on my OG X1, but that probably didn’t matter).

    2 nights ago, I did have a mid-round crash. I was having a pretty good game, and I lost the progress I made toward assignments, I think.

    My biggest worry is the effect crashes could have on my Xbox. Maybe they cause no harm, but I always worry that each crash damages my system a little bit.
  • zack9912000
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    diagoro wrote: »

    Same here, it destroys my desire to play, makes it impossible to enjoy. Last night was the worst in a while, nothing but quick one shot deaths. While anyone I shoot at takes 40-60 damage only.

    I can definitely relate, it can get super frustrating, especially if you're having a bad round. What I've started doing, if it's happening too much, I'll back out of the game and find another. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but it feels like it can improve/help things sometimes. I often wonder if it's just a weird combo of connections in a game.

    Yes. If I’m in a lobby with lots of 1-shot deaths and my team’s getting rolled, I find a new one at the end of the round.

    It gives some peace of mind.
    saxo101 wrote: »
    I have days were you get a black screen for the pause menu, home screen does not load. When you die and go to check the assignment page your screen stays on a frosted looking screen were you can't do anything but restart the game

    I haven’t experienced the black screen thing, but it did happen frequently in BF1 (I played that primarily on my OG X1, but that probably didn’t matter).

    2 nights ago, I did have a mid-round crash. I was having a pretty good game, and I lost the progress I made toward assignments, I think.

    My biggest worry is the effect crashes could have on my Xbox. Maybe they cause no harm, but I always worry that each crash damages my system a little bit.

    Consoles are just a PC with a custom OS. Just like a computer you don’t want it to continuously have crashing issues, eventually it will cause a problem and more then likely damage/corrupt the registry and other files. You will have people on here who claim it can never hurt it, but these are the same geniuses who claim you can’t cheat or hack on a consoles. Consoles are easier to do then custom PCs because they are a known constant for how they operate and can be easily modified
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    diagoro wrote: »

    Same here, it destroys my desire to play, makes it impossible to enjoy. Last night was the worst in a while, nothing but quick one shot deaths. While anyone I shoot at takes 40-60 damage only.

    I can definitely relate, it can get super frustrating, especially if you're having a bad round. What I've started doing, if it's happening too much, I'll back out of the game and find another. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but it feels like it can improve/help things sometimes. I often wonder if it's just a weird combo of connections in a game.

    Yes. If I’m in a lobby with lots of 1-shot deaths and my team’s getting rolled, I find a new one at the end of the round.

    It gives some peace of mind.
    saxo101 wrote: »
    I have days were you get a black screen for the pause menu, home screen does not load. When you die and go to check the assignment page your screen stays on a frosted looking screen were you can't do anything but restart the game

    I haven’t experienced the black screen thing, but it did happen frequently in BF1 (I played that primarily on my OG X1, but that probably didn’t matter).

    2 nights ago, I did have a mid-round crash. I was having a pretty good game, and I lost the progress I made toward assignments, I think.

    My biggest worry is the effect crashes could have on my Xbox. Maybe they cause no harm, but I always worry that each crash damages my system a little bit.

    Consoles are just a PC with a custom OS. Just like a computer you don’t want it to continuously have crashing issues, eventually it will cause a problem and more then likely damage/corrupt the registry and other files. You will have people on here who claim it can never hurt it, but these are the same geniuses who claim you can’t cheat or hack on a consoles. Consoles are easier to do then custom PCs because they are a known constant for how they operate and can be easily modified

    Oh, just great...

    Thanks for the input, but I was afraid of hearing that. I don’t know very much about the different operating systems or PCs. I owned one from 2000-2004, but I did not build it and didn’t game on it that much.

    I take very good care of my hardware, and I’m already on my 2nd X1X. The HDMI port farted out on my last one.

    On BF4, the Dawnbreaker map crashed my X360 EVERY game. I always worried that it was damaging my system a little bit with each crash.
  • Ra1nmakeer
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xbox One S
    Ping 8-13(consistantly)
    100/50mb internet
    Server nereast is 818km from my home(im from Slovenia)
    Wired connection
    Instant On

    And having no problems with game
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SWCC9517 wrote: »
    Playing tonight on team death match, shot a guy right in the head about ten feet away and took two shots. I get get killed with a single shot right after, full health and same weapon. Makes no sense to me

    I have video where with krag jergenson I clear as day get a headshot and my cursor turns green for my designated color for headshot and get the sound for headshot but I have to 2 shot them.. also have a guy maybe 2m away with 1897 shotgun that I headshot then body shot and only get like 20 damage total... I've missed guys I've cleary been on like a dozen shots in a row and they had no idea I was shooting at them. Something definitely off with hit markers/indicators etc. Games like this boil down to 1 thing netcode.. if what we see and what the server is basically seeing is 2 different things then you're game is ruined. They have to get that bug worked out. I would say the headshot with krag/kar98 has happened maybe 5-6 times over last few weeks.
  • LoHDillyD1lly
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even when I have a 7-12 ping/latency on a local server, my Netw Vrtn (in the netgraph) seems to be in the red for minutes (26ish) before I freeze out
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    Though agree with many others. The graphics look worse now. Almost funny how, when my tank runs over a tree/bush, the tree looks instantly blurry, like it's in a cat 5 hurricane.
Sign In or Register to comment.