A New Black Screen of Death

Claypole1
376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I don’t know if this game suffered the infamous “Black Screen if Death” from launch, I certainly never experienced it. However, it’s now happening to me after uesterday’s update.

Anybody else getting this? I’ve just finished a round of Conquest in Panzerstorm and it’s stuck in this screen, with a few symbols in the bottom right, and the “loading” icon moving in the top right.

Comments

• Realsoccerdude
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes.instead of infinite loading screen,this is happening since the patch release.
  • Aldor27
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me it's started after last update 😐 well done Dice 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕 new patch makes new bugs and issues 😐🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
  • firechickenfan
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Me as well.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Happens every time I quit a game and then try and join another server. The only way I've found to get around this is to restart the whole game. It's a rather irritating flaw to the game
  • Hondaboy_1976
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep same overhere
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try to uninstall and reinstall the game. I used to get this and when I reinstalled it I wasn't getting it anymore. It's possible the hardware is to blame for this.
  • willie769
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had it happen today when joining a game, black screen and nothing would show up no matter what button I pushed on my controller. Had to reboot PS4 to fix.
  • clubseal33
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    I don’t know if this game suffered the infamous “Black Screen if Death” from launch, I certainly never experienced it. However, it’s now happening to me after uesterday’s update.

Anybody else getting this? I’ve just finished a round of Conquest in Panzerstorm and it’s stuck in this screen, with a few symbols in the bottom right, and the “loading” icon moving in the top right.

Yep. Could be a new psychology test on the part of Dice. "What pisses off paying customers more - a black infinite loading screen or one with the same map they just played? Let's test it out!"
  • GeriatricKiwi
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try the following:
    Press the pause button then down on the d-pad twice and hit x
    Note: you won't see anything while doing this until you press x, which will then take you to the squad overview.

This has been working for me. No guarantees but worth a try