Gallipoli Operation is Live!

Forkbeard84
1553 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Yay new maps to play! (Achi Baba and Cape Helles)

Comments

• CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Uff, so I'm gonna skip this Operation campaign? I mean, Achi Baba is good fun, but Cape Helles is just boring, frustrating and annoying... There is no cover, no good ways to attack, a Battleship that permanently annoys the defenders without doing anything helpful to take sectors, a beachlanding with uphill fighting... This list is long. Sorry, but I'm not that happy about Cape Helles. I feel saver on Galicia than on Cape Helles...
  • MogwaiWarrior
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like Achi Baba but I'm not a big fan of Cape Helles, but if you're a defender and haven't unlocked the Maschinenpistole m1912 it's a good map to get it on.
  • CS-2107
    I like Achi Baba but I'm not a big fan of Cape Helles, but if you're a defender and haven't unlocked the Maschinenpistole m1912 it's a good map to get it on.

Thats at least one thing Cape Helles is good at :D
  • Forkbeard84
    Yes Cape Helles is good for killing people in boats and boats in general. Not my favorite map but at this point I'm enjoying having some variety from the other usually played maps..
  • BaroudeurUltime
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can you tell me how you get to play the operations Forkbeard? Do they need to be showing in the server browser, and I'm just logging in when there are no full servers?

Whenever I go on, it seems there are only 20 servers of conquest with more than 10 players on, and no other match types, and then 80-100 empty servers of conquest. Yes, I know how to clear all filters :)

Clicking through on the load in screen to operations always puts me in a game on my own waiting for players to join. I also wonder if I just get chucked on a local server when there are actually some available in other locations. Would be happy to play with bad ping just for some variety.

It's really sad, I did get to play one operation once and it was really fun, also never played a pigeons or drop game despite having this for 6 months. Perhaps it's just the time difference.

What GMT are the servers more full and variable?

It has probably been done to death, but I really need to put up a thread asking the basics of how to end up playing all the maps and operations to fill out the codex and achievements (i.e. how the map rotation works each week or day or whatever, and how to get maximum number of actually used servers available).

I end up playing on random servers with atrocious ping just to tick off some random challenges, but I think perhaps I should just care less...
  • Forkbeard84
    edited February 4
    Sure. You should definitely be able to find plenty of Operations games in the server browser. There may not be an Operation for every map but for sure there should be Operations for the current Operations battlepack assignment.

In the server browser, after you clear your filters, make sure you set your slots to none. Have you set your slots to none? Also what region are you looking in?
  • CaptainHardware
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    64 player operations totally died out in some regions after BFV released.
  • BaroudeurUltime
    Ah Yeah! I had been setting to no slots, but I realized I might not have last time. Oceania, but there are hardly any servers. So I end up playing US, Asia and even a couple Euro ones for different maps and modes. I'm not good enough for ping to matter at the moment.

Can't understand why there are so many perfect ping servers that just sit empty...

Thanks again, I'll try again.
  • Forkbeard84
    64 player operations totally died out in some regions after BFV released.

What regions? I see lots of them on Us West, Us East and Europe for example.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yay new maps to play! (Achi Baba and Cape Helles)

This is no Fun to play.Heavy Bombers and Artillery Trucks are destroying the whole gameplay of this mode
  • BaroudeurUltime
    I got killed 10+ times by the dreadnaught each game on Cape Helles, and no way to attack it when kept out of the way of the coastal cannons. Ugh
  • CS-2107
    I got killed 10+ times by the dreadnaught each game on Cape Helles, and no way to attack it when kept out of the way of the coastal cannons. Ugh

One more thing that just doesn't work on that map...