Team griefing their own tanks

2»

Comments

• patchkid67
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2019
    It would be an interesting QOL improvement for tankers if the driver seat was "reserved" for 10s after exiting the tank, and only the driver can enter or anyone from the enemy team. Other players can get into the tank, but not the driver seat.

Secondly, the tank should not be considered neutral until the driver has completely exited the tank. This would have two benefits.

1. The driver couldn't be easily griefed by their own team.
    2. Enemies that blow up a tank while the driver is exiting will get kill credit. Right now they can get denied credit because it's considered death by hazard from an exploding vehicle, instead of death by a player (usually another tank blowing the vehicle up as the driver is jumping out).

Also, I completely disagree that you should "never" leave your tank. You should always check to make sure it's safe, but that is sometimes the only way to repair the vehicle and ensure you don't get blown up. I hopped out of my Valentine yesterday after taking a tiger tank down (which is also hilarious), and had to repair the thing with the only repair station too far to risk. I hopped out, repaired it in less than 5 seconds, and got back in.

In BF1 you NEVER left your tank, but you could also repair it to 100% from within the tank. In BF5, you cannot repair to 100% inside the tank, therefore circumstances sometimes require you leave the tank since your squad is not always equipped with a support who is going to stand there and fix your tank for you... It would be less effective to limp back to the closest "safe" resupply station hoping no assault has a spare PIAT shell as you limp with less than 50% health remaining when 5s outside the tank is sufficient to repair it fully.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    patchkid67 wrote: »
    Just had a teammate put dynamite on my tank, and leaving the tank caused it to blow up resulting in death. Please fix this bug. Friendly dynamite should not damage friendly tanks.

Probably one of the tank pro's you see complaing about tanks not being god mode on the forums every day, angry that you took their tank :)
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    some goofball tank driver asked me to leave (he was in a clan and wanted one of his clan mates in the tank no-doubt) but he said "Stop shooting like a n00b" and yet, the only reason I was shooting at flag A on Twisted Steel was because after the goofball sat motionless 500 light-years from the objective repairing the tank, he never advanced.. he just say there (presumably waiting for me to get bored and exit) but after he sat there for a good 1-2 miutes I started firing at Flag A from a considerable distance.. what else can I do if he won't move? Then he accuses me of firing like a noob.
    Tankers are prima-donna armor horses.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get team grieved by friendlies, always blowing up depots and trying to steal tanks when you have to rebuild them

Same, I've even seen it when I have a gunner who is building the depot for me and some turnip keeps blowing it.

Also there's now a contingent of salty pilots who jump on my SPAA and try to block the cannon. I feed them to snipers.
  • NilSatisOptimum
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any way to report these tools it's getting beyond ridiculous?
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I couldnt get a tank spawn at start of the round so i blew up the repair station. We lost but it was worth it
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have driven a tank exactly 1 time in BFV. It was on devestation from the E side of the map pushed toward D and with full health I was one shotted by apparently a medic. No tanks that I know of were around. And of course the kill cam showed me nothing but where I died.
  • Marine_IraHayes2
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Been having troll teammates get in the way of AA fire when shooting at planes it hits them instead.

This just happened to me in game twice!
    Kept getting bombed by planes who seemed to have the sky to themselves. Decided to jump in Flakpanzer and soon after this clown got on top and was blocking my view. Needless to say I didn’t see the staghound fly up on me.
    What’s going on here?
  • NilSatisOptimum
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I couldnt get a tank spawn at start of the round so i blew up the repair station. We lost but it was worth it
    Your not in my video, but I hope someone did record you and posts it to PSN or EA and give you some time out ( account suspended).
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your not in my video, but I hope someone did record you and posts it to PSN or EA and give you some time out ( account suspended).

I reported BF to Microsoft for griefing me.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've only seen players troll their own teams tanks when the tanks are not supporting the infantry. even then, the infantry is usually too busy getting work done on objective to troll the tank hanging waaaay too far back
  • Hawxxeye
    7773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Some people get angry when they need the tank to cover their attack on the objective and it only takes potshots from as far away as possible

Well if that involves climbing on tank and shooting and standing in front of my view and and basically obstruct what I'm trying to view, it's an odd way to get someone to attack another objective. Personally, believe it's more to do with griefer/troll, annoyed that I'm in what they see as their toy!

Same with the pouch killing, have had it done from being on an objective all the way back intial spawn...

If you take the entire team's toys away to play on your own in a corner, you are warranted some animosity, don't you think?
  • NilSatisOptimum
    Some people get angry when they need the tank to cover their attack on the objective and it only takes potshots from as far away as possible

Well if that involves climbing on tank and shooting and standing in front of my view and and basically obstruct what I'm trying to view, it's an odd way to get someone to attack another objective. Personally, believe it's more to do with griefer/troll, annoyed that I'm in what they see as their toy!

Same with the pouch killing, have had it done from being on an objective all the way back intial spawn...

If you take the entire team's toys away to play on your own in a corner, you are warranted some animosity, don't you think?

Sat on objective trying to catch it and going back for ammo only to be griefed is not sitting in the corner. Not sure you are understanding.
  • NilSatisOptimum

I reported BF to Microsoft for griefing me.

I would be unhappy with anything with Microsoft as well, so I feel your pain.
  • SHlTTYSNIPER
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i usually drive the tanks to the enemy team and abandon them