You gotta help a medic out?...

cylon0
168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Anyone else come across the prompt to press "E" for revive, you press the "E" key once, maybe twice and not only does the revive not happen but you get shot because you're preoccupied with making sure you're actually hitting the "E" key? Or when the revive animation finally does take place, you're shot because the time it took you to finally get the revive started gave the enemy enough time to make it around the corner to take you out?

Either my technique for hitting the "E" key has changed or this is happening more frequently due to something that needs to be corrected in the code?

Is it just me? If I see the prompt to press "E" for a revive, I'm expecting to hit "E" and start the revive immediately. Sometimes I find I'll pop smoke and run to revive a team mate, hit the "E" button when the prompt appears only to have nothing happen. By that time, you have an enemy MMG spraying through your smoke cloud or a haxor seeing through the smoke to light you up.

Comments

• rockin_master
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turn off the hints and learn the medic shuffle. You'll be happier because it's not ever getting fixed.
  • BassMan_PC
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you hold E as you are approaching the downed soldier, it will start the revive when you are in the right position.
  • cylon0
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    If you hold E as you are approaching the downed soldier, it will start the revive when you are in the right position.

Thanks for the tip.

Bass the fish or Bass the guitar?
  • BassMan_PC
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cylon0 wrote: »

Thanks for the tip.

No problem. The Bass that goes BOOM! :)
  • StingX71
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I do the same, works most of the time.
  • DigitalHype
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In an ever increasing effort for DICE to oversimplify the UI and control interface, they have overloaded the E button to both revive and interact functions. Unlike in earlier titles where revive was a dedicated gadget action.
    -
    I understand they wanted medics to have the revive needle at all times. This was a good idea. What is *not* a good idea is to make the revive action bound to the same key as opening a door, or enter/exit vehicle or stationary.
    -
    Now we have a collisions between actions when you are near a down'd soldier, and a door or vehicle. Sometimes it you want to revive the soldier, and instead it will open/close a freaking door. :(
    -
    Yet another example of poor design decisions made for this title, where they solve a problem that didn't exist.
  • cylon0
    In an ever increasing effort for DICE to oversimplify the UI and control interface, they have overloaded the E button to both revive and interact functions. Unlike in earlier titles where revive was a dedicated gadget action.
    -
    I understand they wanted medics to have the revive needle at all times. This was a good idea. What is *not* a good idea is to make the revive action bound to the same key as opening a door, or enter/exit vehicle or stationary.
    -
    Now we have a collisions between actions when you are near a down'd soldier, and a door or vehicle. Sometimes it you want to revive the soldier, and instead it will open/close a freaking door. :(
    -
    Yet another example of poor design decisions made for this title, where they solve a problem that didn't exist.

I agree. Nothing like opening a door and bringing attention to yourself when trying to revive a teammate just inside or outside a doorway, eh?
  • Foamcow
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for the tip.

No problem. The Bass that goes BOOM! :)

That could be either depending on your technique.
  • cylon0
    This is definitely still a problem on PC. Not sure of other platforms. Spamming the heck out of the "E" (heal) key doesn't even seem to do it.

The delay or non-response of the game has lead to my medic getting shot too many times. Pop smoke. Run in under cover of the smoke. E. Nothing. E. Nothing. EE. Nothing. EEEEEEEE. Shot dead.

There are plenty of "E"s in this message of which I only had to hit the "E" key once for each. Keyboard is fine.

Tried holding down "E" on approach... Same issue. Prompt sitting in front of my face on the screen telling me to hit "E" to revive... Same issue.

Adds to the frustration of being a medic.
  • cylon0
    Ironically, the "buddy" revive is far more fluid and functional than the medic revive. Is it just me?
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's really funny - you approach a downed comrade, look at his/her injuries and assess the situation, then close the door to leave them to die in peace.

Definitely an "only in Battlefield" moment, right up there with the guy whose body gets blown up and launched into the air, to land at a medic's feet.

• -aarp-19Crib
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ironically, the "buddy" revive is far more fluid and functional than the medic revive. Is it just me?

It give those "camping the dead" time for an easy head shot.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes, it's one of the many infuriating things in bf5. sometimes takes several seconds to try and get the revive to work only to get killed 0.1 seconds before the revive finished. if it only worked the first time you and the person you tried to revive would probably be okay.
  • cylon0
    We are back to one medic per team if you're lucky with the latest vehicle-related assignments.