Make the DLCs FREE or PARTIALLY FREE

CedarOfLebanon
583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hello, I think it is time for DICE to make the DLCs free to everybody, or partially free that allows people to play the maps without gaining xp...

Comments

• CS-2107
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yes I agree. And then they should make all servers [MIXED] Servers, as that would make it so much easier to find matches on every gamemode.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @EA_Alexander can you pass thay along
  • Titan_Awaken
    198 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They made Premium free for a period of time late last year during the R2BFV event. If you or anyone else missed it, it's entirely their fault and plus the game is dirt cheap now, Premium included.

EA/DICE aren't a charity; they're a business trying to make money, not give it away for free.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    They made Premium free for a period of time late last year during the R2BFV event. If you or anyone else missed it, it's entirely their fault and plus the game is dirt cheap now, Premium included.

EA/DICE aren't a charity; they're a business trying to make money, not give it away for free.

I myself own premium, alot of the current player base does not. It wouldn’t hurt DICE to make premium free. They made a hello lot of money already.
  • Titan_Awaken
    198 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I myself own premium, alot of the current player base does not. It wouldn’t hurt DICE to make premium free. They made a hello lot of money already.

Yes, they definitely have made a lot of money from this game, no one can doubt that. But just because they've made a lot of money already doesn't mean they will make Premium free forever.

When it comes to EA/DICE (or frankly any business) a "lot of money" is simply not enough. In fact, nothing is enough. They want more than just "a lot" of cash. They're looking for neverending profit, and giving away their products for free or "partially free" (Discounted? Trial? Not sure what you mean there) isn't going to generate them any profit.

Prime example of this is their most recent controversy: Refusing (and unsuccessfully might I add) to remove their lootboxes after being accused of violating Belgium's Gambling laws despite the fact that other Devs like Valve, Ubisoft etc removed them.

tl;dr Just because they made a lot of money doesn't mean they don't want more.
  • ElliotLH
    4860 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium and the individual DLCs have already been given away free for this game. More than once actually (same for BF4 and Hardline too). Since they'll probably do it again at some point you basically just need to keep an eye on their news channels.
  • CS-2107
    1498 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Premium and the individual DLCs have already been given away free for this game. More than once actually (same for BF4 and Hardline too). Since they'll probably do it again at some point you basically just need to keep an eye on their news channels.

It's not necessarily about him in particular missing out on them. But when you see the BF1 community it would be good, if they could all at least play all the maps and gamemodes. If that was to happen, DICE could remove all DLC servers and make one mixed playlist for each gamemode with all maps in it/all maps that support that mode. It would be easier to keep the people together.
  • ThunderTaters
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wait for them to release premium for free or the maps for free again.

Keyword: again.
  • SmokeDawgie
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Premium is on sale for $10 right now.
  • m1k3ol
    771 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator

This pretty much, it has happened with the other games already, so have some patience and it'll probably be back!
  • Sin316
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    just do it. Restore some faith in your player base. Stop being THAT greedy lol.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    m1k3ol wrote: »

This pretty much, it has happened with the other games already, so have some patience and it'll probably be back!

It should be permanently free.
  • disposalist
    8006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should be permanently free. The whole *limited time sale* thing is such a scammy way of marketing it.

I called for each DLC to be free when the next one came out. All the community, including the premium players, would benefit.

Doesn't fit the EA marketing playbook, I suppose, to actually do something that benefits the player base.

Who wants good will and a popular populated game when you can squeeze a few more £5 notes out of noobs, eh?
  • MogwaiWarrior
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE/EA doesn't want to make them free now for fear people might abandon BFV and god forbid go back to BF1.
  • Titan_Awaken
    m1k3ol wrote: »

It should be permanently free.

By all means, it should be free forever for all but it won't be because money. And EA loves money. At least, they love it enough to consciously break laws in a certain country to make a quick buck.
  • SlugSniper
    975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only thing I want for free right now is a Colt SAA that isn't Hollywood-ized and locked behind walls of easter eggs.
  • ThunderTaters
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    The only thing I want for free right now is a Colt SAA that isn't Hollywood-ized and locked behind walls of easter eggs.

This.

Then I would accept Premium being free.

Otherwise. No deal.