Ammo pack suggestion

oXGeminiXo
355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I really have been getting fustrated with the fact that if you go to shoot someone but walk over a med pack the animation blocks firing your weapon which has resulted in me getting killed. Maybe dice should consider overriding the animation when you fire your weapon.

Comments

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All the animations make for cinematic gameplay, but not good or fun gameplay, which, IMO, should always be the priority.

This is a game chock full of mechanics and features no one asked for, or apparently wanted.
  • kjgregoire
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I kinda agree. It’s a stupid mechanic. I thought picking up ammo went out with early FPS games.

I suggest removing this ammo pack thing completely. Make support more important.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont mind the ammo pickup just that animation needs to be killed if you want to shoot. In objective areas it is sad because you are in gun fights and with all the dead soldiers it is insane how many times I died to ammo packs and didnt even know I was running over one. If the shooting mechanic had priority like it would irl it would help with immersion and fustrating death via ammo pouch.
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kjgregoire wrote: »
    I kinda agree. It’s a stupid mechanic. I thought picking up ammo went out with early FPS games.

I suggest removing this ammo pack thing completely. Make support more important.

Oh no no no, they wanted you to press X on the crate/box to make it a more 'immersive' experience!

Back in BF1 when they wanted to float this idea of you just needing to be NEAR the Medic or Support guy to get the goods the Battlefield community screamed at how lazy and uninteractive that all was.

So this little tedious addition was set to bring back a level of interaction with the experience.

It blows my mind what DICE removed from Battlefield 5 and added in as part of their 'interactive' and 'realistic representation' agenda.

Some of the choices were so mind boggling and stupid, it's no wonder so many people cancelled their pre-orders before this game even launched.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sucks you are not having fun playing this game. I have 140 hours plus and I’m having a great time.